Author Topic: Fundie Brian Fischer: kids of gays must be saved through underground railroad  (Read 9187 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
The American Family Association’s Bryan Fischer has sunk to a new, disturbing low with his anti-gay statements. In two separate tweets last night, he called for an “Underground Railroad to deliver innocent children from same-sex households.” In one tweet  he was referring to the sad story of Lisa Miller, who, after declaring herself ex-gay, kidnapped her daughter away to Central America to prevent her former partner from having any custody. (She is still being tracked by federal agents as a fugitive of the law.)

In the other tweet, Fischer referred to the testimony of a individual named Robert Oscar Lopez, who blames all of his social problems on being raised by his mom and her lesbian partner. Here’s a sampling:
    Inside, however, I was confused. When your home life is so drastically different from everyone around you, in a fundamental way striking at basic physical relations, you grow up weird. I have no mental health disorders or biological conditions. I just grew up in a house so unusual that I was destined to exist as a social outcast.[...]

Life is hard when you are strange. Even now, I have very few friends and often feel as though I do not understand people because of the unspoken gender cues that everyone around me, even gays raised in traditional homes, takes for granted. Though I am hard-working and a quick learner, I have trouble in professional settings because co-workers find me bizarre.
http://thinkprogress.org/lgbt/2012/08/08/655951/bryan-fischer-children-of-same-sex-couples-must-be-saved-through-underground-railroad-kidnapping/

/facepalm  AFA enough said right?   Still shocked people actually support them anymore.
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 04:21:31 pm by VirtualStranger »

shykid

And people are genuinely convinced the SPLC classified these people as a "hate group" as part of some big liberal conspiracy, not because they actually meet the criteria or anything. The SPLC doesn't arbitrarily hand out the title "hate group." They have an objective list of criteria for the title on their website (Google it, I'm lazy), and the AFA meets it. (I'm kind of disappointed they weren't added earlier, but I guess the SPLC was trying to save their asses from looking "too liberal"?)

And is it just me or has Bryan Fischer gotten (pardon the pun) progressively nuttier? At the beginning of his tenure as AFA president, he was "most vitriolic bigot I've seen since Fred Phelps," but it seems to me like since then he's slowly transformed into "still really bigoted, but mainly absolutely bugfuck crazy." I mean, really, an underground railroad to save the kids of gay people? I'm sure Harriet Tubman is rolling in her grave at this idea, but I honestly can't bring myself to get angry at it. It's just funny to me in its sheer wackiness. Dude, how do you even come up with this shit? Smoke crack and watch The Rescuers one too many times?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
So.....actual kidnapping is ok but the courts granting visitation rights to divorced same-sex couples is...kidnapping?

Ironbite-....DAH FUCK IS WRONG WITH THIS IDIOT?

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
I disagree, Brian Fischer can never sink too low, afterall even pond scum has more worth than him.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
I'm starting not to trust any moral, etc. group with the word, "Family" in its name. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
I'm starting not to trust any moral, etc. group with the word, "Family" in its name.
I haven't for some time, most groups with the word "family" or "moral" in its name is a sure sign of fundieness.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
I could, without any guilt, jab this guy with a syringe full of Ouroboros (if it existed) and then let him kill everyone in his congregation.

That is how much I hate Bryan Fischer.

This man is lower than pond scum, worthless, worthless, just utterly worthless!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
So, when are you going to start an underground railroad for abused children, Brian?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Saturn500

I could, without any guilt, jab this guy with a syringe full of Ouroboros (if it existed) and then let him kill everyone in his congregation.

That is how much I hate Bryan Fischer.

This man is lower than pond scum, worthless, worthless, just utterly worthless!

Better yet, make him and Marcos fight to the death!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
Liam Neeson has a message for this guy:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBACYFpqeyU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBACYFpqeyU</a>

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Wow...I do have something to say to Bryan Fischer. Namely, "Go fuck yourself." I do wonder if it would be possible for him to be arrested as a principal to the crime of kidnapping if anyone actually carries it out in his name.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
/snip

So let me get this straight:

Giving custody of a child to a gay parent = Kidnapping
Stealing children because they have gay parents = Not Kidnapping

What?

Well, yeah. Better they be on the run than in the hands of those dirty fags, amirite? </fundie>
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
I think somebody has been taking American Dad too seriously.