Author Topic: CJ Pearson, GOP Wonderkid dumps GOP, backs Sanders for President  (Read 2325 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
CJ Pearson, GOP Wonderkid dumps GOP, backs Sanders for President
« on: December 13, 2015, 02:14:40 pm »
Two weeks ago, I said on CNN that I was not only leaving the Republican Party but the conservative movement altogether. My reason: For far too long, conservatives had turned a blind eye to racial discrimination in this country and ignored the struggle that young people are facing growing up here in America.

My ascension in conservative politics was almost meteoric. I made a name for myself bashing President Obama, vilifying liberals, and raging against the Black Lives Matter movement.

While I articulated my words with conviction, I spoke them with a limited and clouded worldview. I’m honest enough to admit that. As I matured, met new people, and embraced new ideas, my worldview expanded. My political views evolved.

Eventually, I started asking myself, how could I support a movement that refused to support me on the issues that matter to a young kid like me? In addition to ditching the conservative label, I also chose not to identify as a liberal. I was done with labels. I wasn't interested in contributing to the political divisiveness that has hijacked the political discourse in this country.

I didn't want to be a “conservative” or “liberal.” I didn't want to allow myself to be pushed into some box and placed into the same predicament that I was before.

All I wanted to be was myself.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/12/13/sayonara-gop-and-hello-bernie.html?via=mobile&source=twitter

If you want to see some conservatives go ape shit, go to his facebook. They're all whining like children, it's way to funny.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: CJ Pearson, GOP Wonderkid dumps GOP, backs Sanders for President
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2015, 04:40:20 pm »
I don't even get it either.  The kid was a nobody.  He can't even vote.  But now the right wing is acting like he stepped on their cat's tail or something.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 12:47:17 pm »
Folks like the GOP have this weird thing for "out of the mouths of babes". A kid comes out spouting far-right talking points and the wingnuts lap it up like some prophetic wisdom. This is the same sort of thing that made Marjoe Gortner a big child-preacher.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marjoe_Gortner

Here's a tyke doing Gortner's former schtick.....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zALqMWimBbM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zALqMWimBbM</a>
....There's a whole industry of this! The "Baby/Child/Kid Preacher". It's ridiculous!

Here's an African one!....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLoLP-iBYyA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLoLP-iBYyA</a>
....It's ridiculous! These kids are actually coached and abused, and the rubes lap it up!

It's a similar concept with the "Early-Adolescent Wonderboy GOP pundit". I don't know if they're coached and abused but the whole "Mouths of babes" thing is the appeal. Adult wingnuts treat these kids like prophets.

When said wunderkind goes 180°, politically; Wingnuts really take it personally.

There was another kid like this, too....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4nPrgHfnJ0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4nPrgHfnJ0</a>

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 09:45:13 pm »
This has an "illustrious conservative tradition" going back to the Nazis and the 12th Waffen-SS division, basically a bunch of young teenagers...who were absolutely, stunningly vicious.

Even a guy like me would've looked at those wonder boys and taken a few steps back.

It's become technically tamer in the modern day, but the recruitment of the young still carries a disquieting edge to it.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2016, 11:01:24 pm »
niam, you're seriously godwinning all over the place. either you should talk about it, or you should start collecting memorabilia. but it's disconcerting, to say the least.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2016, 09:11:38 am »
Thing is, though, he isn't really wrong.  The far-right, most especially, does have some distressingly Nazi-esque recruitment tactics specifically aimed at our nation's most vulnerable citizens, its children.  Kids don't have the abstract reasoning capabilities of adults, they lack the experience to tell when someone is fleecing them, and they exploit this to bolster their numbers and to ensure they live on in the next generation.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

pyro

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2016, 12:05:52 pm »
Doesn't coaching them defeat the purpose of it coming from them?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2016, 12:42:16 pm »
Homie, if logic worked on them, they wouldn't be the shitshow they are today.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2016, 06:45:14 pm »
It's why school boards in the Bible Belt flip out about critical thinking and logic being taught. "We Want them to be brainwashed for Jesus!"
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 05:58:59 am »
Donald Trump brings it out in me, but Ravynous has it right as to the recruitment tactics of the far right. They get the kids younger and younger.

I'll share a story I read; apparently the 12th was facing a division of Shermans. One of their membership was stranded in a doomed trench. Rather than flip out or try to escape, he cheerfully waved goodbye at his fellows and fired up at the tank one final time.

That is the legacy of the Far Right's recruitment of children.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2016, 09:35:06 pm »
Donald Trump brings it out in me, but Ravynous has it right as to the recruitment tactics of the far right. They get the kids younger and younger.

I'll share a story I read; apparently the 12th was facing a division of Shermans. One of their membership was stranded in a doomed trench. Rather than flip out or try to escape, he cheerfully waved goodbye at his fellows and fired up at the tank one final time.

That is the legacy of the Far Right's recruitment of children.

Lemmie guess....Trench Guy was a child. Am I right?