Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 388058 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3480 on: September 06, 2020, 01:25:33 pm »
Nah, he'll die of "natural causes."  Ya know, kinda like how Epstein totally killed himself.

There's a key difference between Epstein and Trump, which is that Epstein had information that could have incriminated many, many other people (including Bill Clinton, Donald Trump, and the Duke of York), whereas with Trump the trail probably dries up insofar as finding bigger fish goes.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3481 on: September 07, 2020, 04:24:59 pm »
Unless he's got info on the Pope or something.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3482 on: September 08, 2020, 02:01:25 am »
I just really hope that the next president wouldn't pardon Trump of everything that he has done.

I still consider it likely because although Democrats are in all ways superiour to Trump-cult, they would definitely want to avoid the hassle that comes from when Republicans start shooting up people in the streets and cry about partisan politics and Fascism if Trump faces any sort of consequences for his crimes.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3483 on: September 08, 2020, 05:38:35 am »
Trump can only be pardoned of so much by the next President. There's still state-level charges he could be facing in New York.

(Of course, Andrew Cuomo might decide to pardon him of those, too.)

But keep in mind that accepting a pardon means admitting guilt, which opens you up to civil litigation.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3484 on: September 18, 2020, 07:59:49 pm »
RGB Died. God this fucking year can't get any worse.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3485 on: September 18, 2020, 09:11:42 pm »
And Turtle's gonna have a full vote for whomever Trump nominates.

Ironbite-BEFORE THE ELECTION BECAUSE HE'S A FUCKING HYPOCRITE!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3486 on: September 18, 2020, 10:58:35 pm »
Of course, i also saw that she requested specifically for it to only happen after the election, with the next president. So this is directly against her own wishes too.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3487 on: September 19, 2020, 01:27:02 am »
Of course, i also saw that she requested specifically for it to only happen after the election, with the next president. So this is directly against her own wishes too.

Mitch doesn't care about his OWN actions and statements, much less statements and actions by other people.  He's going to try and set the record for a SC nomination in the next 47 days.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3488 on: September 19, 2020, 02:08:31 am »
And if Trump loses, he'll try to ram through a nomination in the lame-duck period.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3489 on: September 19, 2020, 02:57:26 am »
McConnell won't let it get to that point. He's going to give Trump a win before the election.

EDIT: Here's how he'll do it:

1. Trump nominates someone.
2. McConnell moves that the nominee be considered by the full Senate without a recommendation from the Judiciary Committee.
3. The Democrats filibuster the motion.
4. McConnell moves to change the rules of the Senate to end the filibuster on motions to advance to a vote on a nominee without a positive recommendation from a committee.
5. This vote passes.
6. Trump gets a third Supreme Court Justice.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 04:04:57 am by dpareja »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3490 on: September 19, 2020, 04:59:22 am »
Someone suggested that they might postpone the vote until after the election so that they can rile up the voterbase by saying that the supreme court seat is on the line. ...And after the elections but before Biden gets sworn in Trump would use his last few days to nominate and vote in a Republican anyway as a final "fuck you" to Democrats.

...But McConnell couldn't wait two hours before saying that he'll get in a new justice ASAP. So there went that theory.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3491 on: September 19, 2020, 05:38:44 am »
Sometimes it's better to demoralize your opponents than it is to rile up your own base.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3492 on: September 19, 2020, 09:14:43 am »
This might have backfired on him as fundraising for key tickets on th Democratic side just sky rocketed.

Ironbite-and that's not good for Michy

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3493 on: September 19, 2020, 03:41:30 pm »
McConnell probably doesn't care about keeping his Senate seat at this point. Unless the Democrats can win a ton of Senate seats in 2020 and 2022 to give them 67, while also winning the Presidency in 2020 and holding the House in both years, and then be willing to impeach judges over nothing other than political differences, he'll have accomplished what he set out to do: complete the task laid out for the Republicans a half-century ago by Lewis Powell and put control of the federal courts firmly in conservative hands for decades.

Of course, this could also lead to a decision greeted comparably to Dred Scott being made and Democrats getting elected in droves on the promise of ignoring whatever said decision might be.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3494 on: September 19, 2020, 04:09:54 pm »
McConnell's seat is also super safe. Regardless of what Twitter roses think, there is literally no one that the Democrats could put against him that has any significant chance of beating him. Republican voters don't vote for candidates or policy, they vote against Democrats. And Kentucky has Republican voters to spare.
Who needs a signature?