Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1514285 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1710 on: February 14, 2013, 06:03:42 pm »
It's also EA, who are pretty much the poster boys pushing the end to both.

EA is also pretty blatantly evil and hates anything that's not dollar bills.

Seriously.  EA is basically the video game equivalent of Apple, really.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1711 on: February 14, 2013, 06:06:35 pm »

Don't insult Apple like that. Very few corporations manage to reach EA's level of evil and misunderstanding of their product.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1712 on: February 14, 2013, 08:09:58 pm »

Don't insult Apple like that. Very few corporations manage to reach EA's level of evil and misunderstanding of their product.

Apple is evil and doesn't understand its product beyond making it pretty and useless for people who don't use their computers for more than making self-indulgent YouTube videos while stoned.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1713 on: February 14, 2013, 08:11:22 pm »

Don't insult Apple like that.

I was actually more worried about insulting EA with that statement.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1714 on: February 14, 2013, 09:44:08 pm »
At least EA's made one or two quality products.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Saturn500

« Reply #1715 on: February 14, 2013, 10:19:10 pm »
Correction: EA's published some good games. They develop jack shit aside from sports games.

And I'll never understand this line of thinking that the iPhone's a useless piece of shit. Sure, the App Store's about as developer-friendly as a starving velociraptor with an intense hatred of game developers, there's a new iteration every two seconds, and the built-in maps for iOS 6 are utter crap, among other issues I'm aware of which could easily be fixed if Tim Cook weren't too busy bathing in gold, but it could be much worse.

Now, if you're talking about the Mac... yeah, the Mac is a pile of shit for people who think that Windows is too mainstream, and that Linux is for basement-dwellers.

Speaking of Linux, Steam on Linux is out of Beta, and there's a week-long sale to celebrate!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1716 on: February 14, 2013, 11:37:57 pm »
I know EA won the worst company in America and all  but still at least EA doesn't use babies

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1717 on: February 14, 2013, 11:38:26 pm »
Speaking of Linux, Steam on Linux is out of Beta, and there's a week-long sale to celebrate!
On that note, has the recent update made it impossible to recommend games, or am I just being a thickie? Every time I click on any "recommend this game" link, it links me to everything that's recommended to me.

I tell you, Steam has really been slipping as of late.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1718 on: February 15, 2013, 12:32:59 am »
I'M AMAZON!

Ironbite-no you're Skyrider...silly Saban.

Well, at least they got ZX right.

And there's also the fact that we have Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, which cared about the source material a lot more... and bombed. Yeah, I'm thinking that Kamen Rider is fucked in the west.

To be fair they were using Ryuki who's plot.....goes everywhere but sense.  It's a good series but the CW wanted the next Power Rangers and kinda fucked with the scheduling and such.  Also still hasn't aired the last couple of episodes.

As for Kamen Rider being fucked in the west...fuck you man.  There's a huge fansubbing community who takes time to sub every episode of Kamen Rider it can get it's hands on for free and millions watch it.  Same with Super Sentai.  So don't say there's not an audience in the West.

Ironbite-just another series that MAKES FUCKING SENSE should've been chosen over Ryuki.

I am well aware of the subbing community. But there's a difference between being fucked in terms of official releases and being fucked in terms of fan releases, which Kamen Rider has a healthy community of it.

Also, apparently the Dragon Knight writers wanted to do Kamen Rider Blade first, but the producers told them to do Ryuki because thirteen Riders means more toys to sell than four Riders.

And in terms of video games: How about that awesome looking Dynasty Warriors Kamen Rider that we're not likely to get?

Yeah let's go with Kamen Rider Yu-Gi-Oh as your first new Kamen Rider in America.  That'll sell well.

Jesus the pre-Decade Kamen Rider series just has no sense of storytelling whatsoever.  Everything is just so....bam it's stupid.  At least W, OOO, and Fourze ended.

Ironbite-also IMPORTS!  They'll be good to you.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #1719 on: February 15, 2013, 12:50:24 am »
I'M AMAZON!

Ironbite-no you're Skyrider...silly Saban.

Well, at least they got ZX right.

And there's also the fact that we have Kamen Rider Dragon Knight, which cared about the source material a lot more... and bombed. Yeah, I'm thinking that Kamen Rider is fucked in the west.

To be fair they were using Ryuki who's plot.....goes everywhere but sense.  It's a good series but the CW wanted the next Power Rangers and kinda fucked with the scheduling and such.  Also still hasn't aired the last couple of episodes.

As for Kamen Rider being fucked in the west...fuck you man.  There's a huge fansubbing community who takes time to sub every episode of Kamen Rider it can get it's hands on for free and millions watch it.  Same with Super Sentai.  So don't say there's not an audience in the West.

Ironbite-just another series that MAKES FUCKING SENSE should've been chosen over Ryuki.

I am well aware of the subbing community. But there's a difference between being fucked in terms of official releases and being fucked in terms of fan releases, which Kamen Rider has a healthy community of it.

Also, apparently the Dragon Knight writers wanted to do Kamen Rider Blade first, but the producers told them to do Ryuki because thirteen Riders means more toys to sell than four Riders.

And in terms of video games: How about that awesome looking Dynasty Warriors Kamen Rider that we're not likely to get?

Yeah let's go with Kamen Rider Yu-Gi-Oh as your first new Kamen Rider in America.  That'll sell well.

Hey, don't shoot the messenger!

Jesus the pre-Decade Kamen Rider series just has no sense of storytelling whatsoever.  Everything is just so....bam it's stupid.  At least W, OOO, and Fourze ended.

I can't really say much as I haven't actually finished most Kamen Riders, but Agito, which I have finished, only had two major issues with storytelling if you ask me: The ending was rushed and Gils was never properly explained.

Ironbite-also IMPORTS!  They'll be good to you.

Do they have English subtitles? If not, then they do me no good.
Who needs a signature?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1720 on: February 15, 2013, 01:05:31 am »
Bah to you good sir bah to you!

Ironbite-and done with the Kamen Rider derail.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1721 on: February 15, 2013, 01:13:22 am »
Remember buds when they released TF2 on the Mac?  Tux Penguin for anyone who runs TF2 on linux until March

It's also the reason I imagine the preorder Brutal Legend items didn't come today.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1722 on: February 15, 2013, 05:39:52 am »
Correction: EA's published some good games. They develop jack shit aside from sports games.

And I'll never understand this line of thinking that the iPhone's a useless piece of shit. Sure, the App Store's about as developer-friendly as a starving velociraptor with an intense hatred of game developers, there's a new iteration every two seconds, and the built-in maps for iOS 6 are utter crap, among other issues I'm aware of which could easily be fixed if Tim Cook weren't too busy bathing in gold, but it could be much worse.

Now, if you're talking about the Mac... yeah, the Mac is a pile of shit for people who think that Windows is too mainstream, and that Linux is for basement-dwellers.

I'm the proud owner of an iPhone 4. Never upgraded (bought an iPhone 4 and had it replaced with a fresh one when the speakers busted), never downgraded. Haven't even updated to iOS 6 because I don't feel a need to.

It works well, especially since I don't abuse my phone or drop it on the sidewalk or wash it in my pocket or anything like that. It still works about as well as it did when I first got it, a lot smoother than an Android, and it's very easy and simple to operate. It takes excellent pictures and video as well, so I've gotten a massive amount of use out of the camera. Being a smartphone and letting me instantly upload everything to the internet instead of using barely-there internet connections or a cable connected to my computer helps as well.

I really don't get the hate for it. Hate for the constant upgrades and the questionable utility of the iPad? I get that. Hate for the iPhone's very existence? Not really.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Distind

« Reply #1723 on: February 15, 2013, 06:55:51 am »
It's almost entirely due to mac's heavy handed control over what you can do with them. No USB, No third party anything they don't approve, and the whole jailbreak deal was pretty impressive. That and the unit itself isn't really up to par with the competition, it's just got such a huge user base that the others rarely last long enough to make inroads.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1724 on: February 15, 2013, 08:05:45 am »
Also they are agressively violent towards competitors (see Brazil)  Their products have awful UI (I have this strange horror story with this and a wireless router)