Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1512353 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4905 on: September 10, 2014, 08:36:07 pm »
Why the fuck would Microsoft pay $2 billion for a five year old game that everyone already owns? That's just pants-on-head retarded.

Or, you know, they could know something you don't.

Given the recent things Microsoft has done lately (XBox One being the biggest), I wouldn't qualify them as "knowing things".
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4906 on: September 10, 2014, 10:21:36 pm »
Why the fuck would Microsoft pay $2 billion for a five year old game that everyone already owns? That's just pants-on-head retarded.

Or, you know, they could know something you don't.

Given the recent things Microsoft has done lately (XBox One being the biggest), I wouldn't qualify them as "knowing things".

Isn't the XBox One team a different team from the one that handles the "buying and selling of other people's resources"?

Which is a moot point because it's apparently just a rumor.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #4907 on: September 10, 2014, 10:35:11 pm »
It also means that it prevents Nintendo from making a Wii U version of the game (which Mojang was never opposed to, they just weren't going to do it without someone else ponying up the cash) and means that Apple will likely not get an iPhone 6 version. Still, it seems like the ship has sailed on Minecraft and this is something that would have made sense before the Playstation versions of the game were out.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
« Reply #4908 on: September 11, 2014, 09:28:24 am »
I have been thinking....there needs to be more games with female characters along the lines of Urdnot Bakara, the female krogan from ME3 and Aria from the same.

Those are both good characters who unfortunately never get enough time in Mass Effect.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4909 on: September 14, 2014, 06:48:46 am »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4910 on: September 14, 2014, 08:16:29 am »
I honestly can't blame Mojang for selling. They had a good time furthering the development of the game and can now relieve themselves of the game's stress while gaining a crapload of money in the process. I just hope Microsoft will continue patching bugs and generally maintaining the game.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4911 on: September 14, 2014, 08:50:51 am »
I have been thinking....there needs to be more games with female characters along the lines of Urdnot Bakara, the female krogan from ME3 and Aria from the same.

Those are both good characters who unfortunately never get enough time in Mass Effect.

I wouldn't mind more characters like them.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4912 on: September 14, 2014, 10:00:08 am »
So, its not a rumour anymore, eh?  It seems as though Microsoft is, at least, being intelligent with it.  Like I effing predicted.  But, the whiny FOSStards will inevitably go all Fox News on this shit, because Microsoft is the devil or some shit.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #4913 on: September 14, 2014, 11:46:25 am »
If this gets Minecraft some serious souping up, I guess I'm all for it. Just hope it doesn't shit all over the modding community.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4914 on: September 14, 2014, 02:13:21 pm »
If this gets Minecraft some serious souping up, I guess I'm all for it. Just hope it doesn't shit all over the modding community.

They won't.  Unlike what some morons believe, Microsoft doesn't waste their time hiring retards.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #4915 on: September 14, 2014, 03:58:19 pm »

They won't.  Unlike what some morons believe, Microsoft doesn't waste their time hiring retards.

Hmmm considering some of the things that happened recently I'm not sure that's quite true.  However, those retards seem to be gone now so I guess when/if MS do hire retards they at least realise it and have the wit to replace them.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4916 on: September 14, 2014, 07:11:49 pm »

Hmmm considering some of the things that happened recently I'm not sure that's quite true.  However, those retards seem to be gone now so I guess when/if MS do hire retards they at least realise it and have the wit to replace them.

Bingo.  Also, it amuses me when people point to Vista/Win8 as Microsoft's "mistakes."  Poor fools haven't even caught on, yet.  If nothing else, Gates and Ballmer hired some god damned marketing geniuses.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4917 on: September 14, 2014, 08:22:24 pm »
speaking as someone that has Win 8... I rather like it.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4918 on: September 14, 2014, 09:53:59 pm »
Off topic: is it just the TF2 fan base, or is it a thing for gamers to complain about everything being overpowered?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4919 on: September 14, 2014, 10:07:28 pm »
Off topic: is it just the TF2 fan base, or is it a thing for gamers to complain about everything being overpowered?

It's the entire gamer community.