Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065227 times)

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #2655 on: November 28, 2012, 08:01:10 pm »
I don't know why, but I always get OCD about decimals. Like even if its a simple calculation, I have to keep EVERY decimal in the steps. I round it up to the hundredth or tenth place in the final answer though. I just have to have everything accurate or else I sit wondering about that 0.000231 or whatever I didn't keep in the steps.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #2656 on: November 28, 2012, 08:58:37 pm »
I'm that way too.  That's why I always use XL instead of a calculator.  I can always just refer to the previous cell, and I know that there will be no rounding until the final answer (and I don't have to enter numbers like 0.000231).
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2657 on: December 01, 2012, 08:53:02 pm »
Customers that get mad at me for asking if they want to give to charity to round up to the nearest dollar. Especially if they tell me that they already give X amount to charity. You know what, I don't care, I'm not judging you or trying to guilt trip you. There is no need for you to tell me about your history of charitable giving.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2658 on: December 01, 2012, 09:17:36 pm »
Customers that get mad at me for asking if they want to give to charity to round up to the nearest dollar. Especially if they tell me that they already give X amount to charity. You know what, I don't care, I'm not judging you or trying to guilt trip you. There is no need for you to tell me about your history of charitable giving.

Odd that I just read a story about that exact thing.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2659 on: December 01, 2012, 10:45:28 pm »
When people get all pissy about me being pale or using a fake tan.
      I'm pale because it's not healthy to tan. I don't wear sunscreen 24/7, I just don't lay out in the sun or go to tanning beds. Occasionally when girls talk about being tan I say that I don't mind being pale. Every time I say anything about it everyone is like "Why don't you go and tan" or "but no one likes pale skin". It makes me feel really self-conscious.
     Sometimes when I do feel like getting a tan, I just use a fake tanner. It looks completely natural, and I like not burning my skin. Also I get a lot of compliments about me looking better (tanned skin hides the bags under my eyes). When the same girls compliment me and I tell them that it's fake, they get super pissy about it. Like "Why don't you get a real tan. They're much healthier for you". Then when I tell them why tanning puts you at greater risk of skin cancer, and also makes you look like a leather couch when you're only 30, they refuse to believe it. I really hope they realize how bad going to tanning beds every week is before they get wrinkly or even cancer...

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2660 on: December 01, 2012, 11:11:33 pm »
I went thru a tiny tanning phase when I was little, but I stopped giving a shit a long, long fucking time ago.  I'm whiter than sour cream, and I don't give two shits about it.  I see no reason to hide my normal skin tone with what amount to makeup, and the bags under my eyes and such...well, I occasionally get shit for sleep, so its bound to happen, I may as well learn to live with it, instead of spending extra money on hiding it so other people will think I'm attractive.  My lady finds me attractive, and that's all I really care about.

Also, I hate it when your girl who'd otherwise be white as driven snow tans herself to roughly the same colour as bread crusts.  It almost always looks wrong, to me...that, and it reminds me of  Jersey Shore, which is always a bad thing.

Me?  I prefer pale women.  Say what you want about a tan looking "healthy," I find pale women to be hot as hell.  Well, that and my concept of "healthy" has absolutely nothing to do with skin tone.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2661 on: December 01, 2012, 11:17:16 pm »
Say a pale redhead with hair as red as fire and skin as pale as snow and a body.....

Ironbite-....I'll be in my bunk

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2662 on: December 01, 2012, 11:52:06 pm »
I like tan skin better, but pale skin is nice too.
I just hate how everything I wear washes me out when I'm pale. I also look better with tan skin. I don't look bad pale though.
I just get pissed when people think tan = healthy, or think anyone who is tan is a dumb whore too. Skin color shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is to some.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2663 on: December 02, 2012, 01:26:07 am »
Exactly, bro.  Tan, in and of itself, isn't a real problem, for me.  Yes, I prefer pale chicks, but I don't mind folks who tan reasonably.  And, that's the operative word there, "reasonably."  Folks who tan themselves to the level they look like burnt toast only send one message to my brain: "Future oncology patient."

Also, my eldest cousin tans...or, at least, he tries to.  He forgets that a large part of his bloodline is Irish, and by and large, we don't tan worth a shit, we just burn like an over-buttered English muffin in a toaster.  As you can imagine, he comes out looking less like a good cup of coffee, and more like he's accidentally splashed ketchup all over himself.  Actually...that's kinda funny, now that I think about it.  Mostly because he's a monstrous human being without a conscience, and imagining him ending up looking like a complete, utter ass is quite entertaining.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2664 on: December 02, 2012, 02:33:13 am »
Hehehe I imagine he looks as pink as Zoidberg.
Some of the girls at my school already have the skin of a 28 year old because they tan so much... it's weird to see a 17 year old with some liver spots and crow's feet.
Its actually not hard to look really tan without sun tanning. Just get something with DHA in it(DHA reacts with the proteins in dead skin cells and turns tan), bronzing lotion, and slightly darker makeup. If someone is spending 30$ a month on tanning beds, they might as well just buy the fake stuff to avoid the cancer, wrinkles, liver spots, etc. A bottle of the DHA lotion is like 10$ at the most, bronzing lotion is like 10-20$, and makeup depends. This stuff lasts like a half a year too, and makeup lasts like a year.
Plus, contrary to popular belief, a decent bronzing product doesn't look orange, nor does the DHA make your skin orange. Excessive tanning does however, plus it looks weird since the rays in a tanning bed are coming from everywhere, not from above like a legit sun tan. With fake tans you can manipulate where you put it.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2665 on: December 02, 2012, 03:14:46 am »
A tan on nothing but my left index finger?  I could be Tan Finger!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2666 on: December 02, 2012, 04:24:01 am »
The next Bond Villain.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2667 on: December 02, 2012, 04:24:55 am »
Had my first experience with food poisoning today. Jesus that was awful, i've never thrown up that violently in my life
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2668 on: December 02, 2012, 04:27:30 am »
Yeah, you keep barfing again and again and you wonder where the hell it's all coming from.  "I didn't eat/drink THAT much! WTF".

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2669 on: December 02, 2012, 04:29:42 am »
I've only puked twice in my entire life (excluding diaper years of course). The last time was because I was an idiot and ate a whole bag of grapes, and then went jogging. I puked up a bunch of half-grapes because apparently I hardly chew.