Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2067764 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3645 on: April 07, 2013, 09:38:53 am »
Oh, I just thought of another annoyance!

I really fucking hate it when someone thinks that you voted for Obama for his race if you don't think he was a "mistake."  Goddammit.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3646 on: April 07, 2013, 10:22:32 am »
My cousin is a moron. She just bought eight baby ducks and has no idea how to care for them. Does she understand what it's going to be like when they grow up? Eight ducks there, in her yard. Jesus christ.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3647 on: April 07, 2013, 10:30:31 am »
My cousin is a moron. She just bought eight baby ducks and has no idea how to care for them. Does she understand what it's going to be like when they grow up? Eight ducks there, in her yard. Jesus christ.

$100 says that she'll get tired of them and either she's going to set them lose at some pond, or give them to the local animal shelter. Sadly, this very common around this time of year.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3648 on: April 07, 2013, 10:33:37 am »

$100 says that she'll get tired of them and either she's going to set them lose at some pond, or give them to the local animal shelter. Sadly, this very common around this time of year.

I'm almost certain she will, which is why it pisses me off. And she said she bought them out of guilt, and because her two-year-old daughter thought they were cute. Because you leave all the major decisions to the toddler. Good thinking.

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #3649 on: April 07, 2013, 11:18:58 am »

I'm almost certain she will, which is why it pisses me off. And she said she bought them out of guilt, and because her two-year-old daughter thought they were cute. Because you leave all the major decisions to the toddler. Good thinking.

Ducks are aggressive. When they get older they will probably mug her daughter for crackers.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3650 on: April 07, 2013, 11:20:00 am »
When I was a kid I was bought a duck for Easter once.  He lived a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time before a fox got him.   I cried when I found that out.  And I was an adult.   I am not ashamed.  He was a nice duck.   

Guess that wasn't an annoying post... more confession material.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #3651 on: April 07, 2013, 11:23:01 am »
When I was a kid I was bought a duck for Easter once.  He lived a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time before a fox got him.   I cried when I found that out.  And I was an adult.   I am not ashamed.  He was a nice duck.   

How nice are they when you raise them? Like if you raised one baby duck alone. Do you need the pond?

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #3652 on: April 07, 2013, 11:46:57 am »

Ducks are aggressive. When they get older they will probably mug her daughter for crackers.

augzilla pls.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3653 on: April 07, 2013, 12:02:01 pm »

How nice are they when you raise them? Like if you raised one baby duck alone. Do you need the pond?

A duck raised by itself with no other-duck contact will pretty much grow up thinking you're its mother.  However, if you have a drake, he may get moody as his hormones surge.  Then it's usually advised to get him a harem and let him live life as a duck, which is what happened with mine.  You don't need a pond, but ducks are much happier with water they can get into and dabble in.  Even something simple like a collapsible pool.    I had one of those pools, but eventually I gave Easter (my duck, such an original name ;)) to a friend of the family who promised she wouldn't eat him and he'd have a real pond to play in, and a whole bunch of female ducks.  From what she told me, he lived a life of luxury and had many many many many children before he was killed by the fox.  While protecting his harem and children, no less.
He was a Mallard/Pekin mix.  Took after the Mallard in coloring.  Pekin in size.   Mallard on steroids, hehe. 

Oh, and as far as how nice he was... well... he would sit next to me on the porch swing and I'd pet him and he'd make little quacks and softly nibble at my hair and clothes.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:03:49 pm by SpaceProg »

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3654 on: April 07, 2013, 03:40:14 pm »
That's the other thing bugging me about it. My cousin doesn't have much money, and she doesn't have a pond or anything she could use to provide all those ducks adequate water to keep them happy.

If she released them in the wild, would they be alright on their own? I have no clue if them being in the hands of humans from a young age would impair their instincts to the point of them not surviving.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #3655 on: April 07, 2013, 04:13:38 pm »
That's the other thing bugging me about it. My cousin doesn't have much money, and she doesn't have a pond or anything she could use to provide all those ducks adequate water to keep them happy.

If she released them in the wild, would they be alright on their own? I have no clue if them being in the hands of humans from a young age would impair their instincts to the point of them not surviving.

No they would probably die since they don't have a mother, and even if they were raised to adulthood by her they wouldn't know how to survive. Do not do that.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3656 on: April 07, 2013, 04:17:39 pm »
^what Auggie said.

Offline Sleepy

• The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3657 on: April 07, 2013, 04:17:46 pm »

No they would probably die since they don't have a mother, and even if they were raised to adulthood by her they wouldn't know how to survive. Do not do that.

Well, I have no control over it. She's many, many states away.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3658 on: April 07, 2013, 04:20:33 pm »
Found out that the reason I never received last year's tax refund is that someone tried to steal my identity.  To make it worse, it looks like it was b**** that I got into the car accident with last year.  Apparently, when we exchanged info (or rather when we gave the cop our info and he handed them out), she took mine and tried to steal my $.  Makes sense since she also tried to tell my insurance company that she was severely injured in the accident, despite being able to walk around and talk no problem.

At least this year's when through with no problems.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3659 on: April 07, 2013, 04:22:53 pm »

Oh, and as far as how nice he was... well... he would sit next to me on the porch swing and I'd pet him and he'd make little quacks and softly nibble at my hair and clothes.

Oh my God that's so cute
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.