Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2066122 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #3765 on: April 20, 2013, 04:46:26 pm »
Depending on where she went and whether they believe in it.

With that said you can find "regular work blouses" on places like Amazon. For less than $40.

I would, but I have to try everything on since women's sizes are never standard, and it'd be too much of a hassle to return it each time.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #3766 on: April 20, 2013, 04:50:44 pm »
I'm supposed to have been sleeping for the last several hours, and I work overnight. I have never been more awake in my life. This is not good.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3767 on: April 20, 2013, 05:40:06 pm »
Depending on where she went and whether they believe in it.

With that said you can find "regular work blouses" on places like Amazon. For less than $40.

I would, but I have to try everything on since women's sizes are never standard, and it'd be too much of a hassle to return it each time.

Ah. I haven't bought anything women's in... forever.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #3768 on: April 20, 2013, 07:27:27 pm »
I hate the tinsel dragons and shimmer dragons for ruining the economy of Dragon Cave.

However, I think TJ's move to create Soulpeace dragons as hybrids between Daydream and White dragons, which were becoming painfully uncommon, was genius.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3769 on: April 20, 2013, 09:14:10 pm »
I hate the tinsel dragons and shimmer dragons for ruining the economy of Dragon Cave.

However, I think TJ's move to create Soulpeace dragons as hybrids between Daydream and White dragons, which were becoming painfully uncommon, was genius.

I thought the shimmer dragons were absolutely gorgeous and want one so bad, along with the golden wyvern and blusang lindwurms, which I can never seem to get a hold of.  And I was kind of shocked when I went on the Dragon Cave wiki and saw that the white and black dragons were now considered uncommon. 

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #3770 on: April 20, 2013, 09:34:00 pm »

I thought the shimmer dragons were absolutely gorgeous and want one so bad, along with the golden wyvern and blusang lindwurms, which I can never seem to get a hold of.  And I was kind of shocked when I went on the Dragon Cave wiki and saw that the white and black dragons were now considered uncommon. 

I love the shimmer dragons as well but they're even rarer than Tinsels. I've seen some Tinsel eggs float through the AP, but I've never snagged one.

I have the same problem with Golden Wyverns and Blusangs too. >.< I didn't get any Royal Blue dragons the day they came out, but I got one from the AP later.

The recently-released Soulpeace dragons don't have a Heal BSA specifically, even though TJ has said that one is being planned. I think the new Soulpeace dragons are also meant to increase the numbers of White dragons as a side effect so that the planned Heal BSA for White dragons can be better implemented. He's already said that he doesn't want to make BSA dragons rare, so it would make sense to make a rare dragon more common before it's given a BSA. I mean, the same thing happened with all the "failed outcomes" of attempts to get Two-Finned Blunas. Now there are water dragons and skywings all over the AP.

EDIT: Got Silver Tinsel (in a trade) and a CB Royal Blue dragon on the same day. It must be my birthday.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:42:11 pm by Eva-Beatrice »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #3771 on: April 21, 2013, 10:55:49 pm »
Just read this thread on Christian Forums.  It starts out with a stupid premise, claiming if men stuck around, women wouldn't have abortions.  Then the conversation mentions legitimate issues concerning men and legal issues regarding support and custody, then seems to completely delve into "feminism evil blarhg!"  One makes the comment "as much as I hear that the MRM is a hate group, I only see hate and violence coming from feminists."  Really?  Really? 

Another outright calls feminism toxic.  The one who made this comment also once said in a previous thread that rape disproportionately affect women, it actually disproportionately affects men because "the majority of rapes occur in prison, and most of those are against men, so rape is bigger problem for men than women."  When someone tried pointing out that prison statistics aren't grouped with normal statistics because the environment inside of prison is vastly different than outside, he accused them of "trying to trivialize and erase their experience."  So I guess his point was women need to shut up about rape culture and how much women get raped, because men are the majority of rape victims . . . as long as they're in an isolated prison environment that's not part of normal society.  Oh, and he also once said that women shouldn't get drunk at parties if they don't want to be raped.  When someone called him out, he pulled the "I'm only pointing out common sense, but typical, I'm being labeled a rape apologist" line.

And no, I'm not saying that the prison rapes aren't important.  The problem is using them to try and dispel "feminism myths" by implying that from a societal and cultural standpoint, rape is a worse problem for men only because of the technicality of prison rapes apparently outnumbering non-prison rapes.  Again, never mind the fact that prison is an isolated environment that mostly doesn't affect people on the outside.

Sorry if I interpreted that thread wrong.  I sometimes skim over posts because I get so pissed I become tense and very uncomfortable, especially if it seems nobody is refuting them.  It's just the overall vibe I got, and I needed to let off steam (probably should've just typed this rant then deleted it).
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 11:00:00 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3772 on: April 23, 2013, 06:45:32 am »
Found someone uploading bootleg copies of Top Gear challenges and segments to Youtube. His video description:

no copyright infringement intended, this video is intended to be fair use which is legal under copyright law, disabling of this video without consent will be deemed a violation of my rights.
i do consent to having adverts on my video

First comments I see on the video:

2010daigo1 9 months ago
please upload trains chalenge

Mrstiggy200 8 months ago
already have it got blocked

Whoops.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #3773 on: April 23, 2013, 03:47:03 pm »
I swear, half the people on the road don't even deserve a license. I was sitting in a turn lane and saw a guy cross four lanes of traffic while there were cars coming. He made a "stop" gesture towards them with his hand, as if that would somehow prevent them from hitting him and make everything okay.

Also had a guy angrily flail his arms at me because I let him turn in front of me. I know, such a dick move on my end.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3774 on: April 23, 2013, 03:49:47 pm »
That doesn't even begin to make sense, Sleepy. I always wave my thanks when people let me get in front of them.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #3775 on: April 23, 2013, 07:12:02 pm »
I've pet-sat for yeeeears and had many dozens of clients and have only very rarely gotten complaints. Apart from one memorable occasion by a woman who accused me of abusing her dogs, wrecking her house, having strangers over at all hours of the night (housemate had to come give my car a jump because my battery died and he didn't even go into the house at all), and stealing from her, everybody has been pretty happy with the service.

Until last week.

I dogsat overnight and all day for a solid week for a woman who previously had no problems with the way I took care of her dog. She left a lot of picky instructions but since it's not my house I had no problems following them. I cleaned the place top to bottom before I left and left lots of nice notes about the dog. She came back and was pissed off with 'the condition of the house and the dog'. I will admit straight off that I forgot to put the bins out on trash night, which was completely my fault, but I put all the trash in the bin in the garage--she said I'd left it 'all over the house'. The last day I was there, I was insanely busy with other jobs and forgot to take the food I brought there home with me (she thought it was a bag of rubbish even though it very clearly was groceries), and I also forgot to turn the TV on for the dog THAT ONCE. She thought I was neglecting him because when she got home and let him out, he immediately pee'd and took a shit. (She got home at about 4pm and the last time I was at the house was 11am because my schedule was totally packed.) I think she was under the impression that I would stay at her house and NOT LEAVE IT AT ALL, even when I explained that the dog would get several walks during the day with my regular schedule and that I'd stay overnight each night for twelve hours. She said I left shards of broken glass in her front hall--no idea how that happened since I don't use other people's glassware out of fear of accidentally breaking it and just used a coffee cup while I was there. She complained that I left a sinkful of dirty dishes, even though I said in the note that they were clean and only there because the dishrack was full and I didn't know where everything went to put it all away.

So she's refusing to pay my boss for the job because she feels like I completely fucked up. Which means I'M not getting paid for the job, either. Which I could really use right now because I don't have a car (I'm borrowing my housemate's and paying for him to drive a rental, which is in and of itself another rant) and have been out of work because of that fact for nearly three months and I'm trying to make up the difference.

And apparently it's not illegal to refuse to pay for a service if you feel it wasn't actually performed as advertised. But that doesn't stop me being furious at losing several hundred dollars from my paycheck AND a week spent at this woman's house.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3776 on: April 23, 2013, 07:21:08 pm »
And apparently it's not illegal to refuse to pay for a service if you feel it wasn't actually performed as advertised. But that doesn't stop me being furious at losing several hundred dollars from my paycheck AND a week spent at this woman's house.

Well, you DID provide the service as advertised. As you said, you didn't leave dirty dishes and you didn't break any glass. You didn't leave trash all over the house, either. So she's making a false claim as to your services, which WOULD be illegal if you could prove it.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3777 on: April 23, 2013, 07:33:53 pm »
It's not really a question of whether it is illegal or legal, but rather a question of whether you have a good contractual claim for services rendered. Presumably she says they were rendered lower than a standard specified in the contract and she may have some offsetting claim, however the services still had value.

How much money are we talking about?

I don't know about New York City but I am willing to bet there is either a low cost tribunal, or a small claims court, which you could take the dispute too and represent yourself for not much money.

Although often it is better to chalk these things up to experience. Also what is the nature of your employment contract? Are you employed at an hourly wage by your boss or essentially paid commission? Becuase he perhaps should be paying you anyway regardless of whether he gets the money from his client.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #3778 on: April 23, 2013, 08:16:09 pm »
It's not really a question of whether it is illegal or legal, but rather a question of whether you have a good contractual claim for services rendered. Presumably she says they were rendered lower than a standard specified in the contract and she may have some offsetting claim, however the services still had value.

How much money are we talking about?

I don't know about New York City but I am willing to bet there is either a low cost tribunal, or a small claims court, which you could take the dispute too and represent yourself for not much money.

Although often it is better to chalk these things up to experience. Also what is the nature of your employment contract? Are you employed at an hourly wage by your boss or essentially paid commission? Becuase he perhaps should be paying you anyway regardless of whether he gets the money from his client.

Well I'm not in New York City or even in New York at all anymore--at the moment I'm in Baltimore, though my boss is based in a nearby town and the client lives in another. I work for her as an independent contractor (as is usually the case for this kind of work) and I think I can still legally not get paid if a client or the boss thinks I didn't do the job properly. I can pick through my contract and find out. I got paid for half the job because it spanned two pay periods (I get paid as I do jobs, rather than as clients pay, which works out fine most of the time because this sort of thing rarely happens), but I'm still out about $100 or so. Apparently, Boss has had to deal with this sort of thing once before and as far as I could gather from what she told me, it's basically legal for the client to NOT pay if they feel they didn't get what they hired us for.

Considering everything else my boss has done for me (not firing me when I didn't have a car, occasionally driving me to jobs when I needed a lift, getting my car towed when it broke down, referring me to a mechanic, loaning me money--she's an unusually awesome boss), it's not worth kicking up shit over. But it still infuriates me.

Made worse by the fact that this woman is also a cop.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3779 on: April 24, 2013, 12:55:36 am »
The cat just took a shit in the next room. I know this because I can smell it from all the way over here.