Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065880 times)

wrightway

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4305 on: July 06, 2013, 11:49:37 pm »
I don't know if this had to do with the malware issue; my tablet locked up while I was viewing the forums. It took almost twenty four hours and a manual reset to fix it.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4306 on: July 07, 2013, 12:08:12 am »
Tablets generally aren't affected by the same viruses and malware that computers are. Especially if they're android based. There just is not a big enough market share to produce and send out a bunch of malicious content. It's like how a lot of PC viruses don't affect Macs too.

That isn't to say there aren't any for tablets. There's a reason you have programs now for tablets and phones to fight such things.

More info here about a recent problem with malware for smartphones and tablets.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 12:10:54 am by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4307 on: July 07, 2013, 12:32:10 am »
Netflix sent me the wrong Batman movie.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4308 on: July 07, 2013, 01:08:25 am »

Sorry. Guess you'll have to go put some executives.....on ice.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4309 on: July 07, 2013, 01:53:10 am »
I have severe dust allergies. And my boyfriend barely cleans his room.

If my eyes dont stop watering im just gonna gouge the fuckers out
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4310 on: July 07, 2013, 06:14:50 pm »

Sorry. Guess you'll have to go put some executives.....on ice.

*rider kicks you in the gonads*

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4311 on: July 07, 2013, 09:28:06 pm »
My watch battery died, and I'm not going to be able to get a new one until Friday, because I'm broke until my next paycheck(on a positive note, this paycheck in question will be a good amount, given all the extra time plus time and a half I got for working the 4th)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 09:34:55 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4312 on: July 07, 2013, 09:31:08 pm »
I just discovered the DH, DS, DW and DD acronyms.

God this is stupid
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4313 on: July 08, 2013, 02:50:42 am »
People who don't understand the difference between being scared and being startled.

People who think that people who startle easily are "pussies" or "cowards" or whatever.

People who think that it's funny to constantly startle someone who startles easily.

...I startle easily.  I had a coworker take advantage of it constantly.

Incidentally this is the kinda thing I'm talking about:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knohDiCp9fg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knohDiCp9fg</a>
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4314 on: July 08, 2013, 03:14:06 am »
Yep, I know that bit of ignorance very well.  BOO! type stuff doesn't work on fear so much as surprise, and the body's reaction to a sudden stimulus.  Fear takes a while to cultivate, as you're working more with the brain's more intellectual regions.  Or rather working *against*, really.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4315 on: July 08, 2013, 03:29:40 am »
If some asshole did that to me i would punch them on every attemlt after the third one

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4316 on: July 08, 2013, 03:30:32 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knohDiCp9fg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knohDiCp9fg</a>
I'm calling fake on that one. The guy screams like a stuck pig just from turning around and seeing the guy with the camera walk through the doorway. He didn't even get particularly close or yell "boo". Even the most timid people in the world aren't that jumpy.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4317 on: July 08, 2013, 03:34:07 am »
Yep, I know that bit of ignorance very well.  BOO! type stuff doesn't work on fear so much as surprise, and the body's reaction to a sudden stimulus.  Fear takes a while to cultivate, as you're working more with the brain's more intellectual regions.  Or rather working *against*, really.

Yeah, that's why I despise jump scares in film. They're cheap ways to get a raised heart rate out of someone. They require absolutely zero skill to make; literally a toddler can perform them.

Unfortunately, modern horror seems to think that jump scares are THE way to scare people. They don't make people fearful or nervous of anything on camera. They make them fearful of the movie screaming in their face again.

Also, I will admit to finding that above video funny. Mostly because of how the guy has the exact same reaction every single time.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4318 on: July 08, 2013, 04:10:37 am »

Yeah, that's why I despise jump scares in film. They're cheap ways to get a raised heart rate out of someone. They require absolutely zero skill to make; literally a toddler can perform them.

Unfortunately, modern horror seems to think that jump scares are THE way to scare people. They don't make people fearful or nervous of anything on camera. They make them fearful of the movie screaming in their face again.

Also, I will admit to finding that above video funny. Mostly because of how the guy has the exact same reaction every single time.
To me, I think jump scares are the only way to scare people at this point, because we're desensitized to horror. It's not scary. When I was a kid, I was scared of Night of the Living Dead. Now it's funny, and I love zombies. You know what changed? I'm not a kid anymore. The horror movies you saw when you were young scared you because you were a kid. Now that you're grown up, you're not going to be scared by a screen.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4319 on: July 08, 2013, 05:05:32 am »
Mysterious headaches that turn into intense pains when we have no advil or anything of the sort in the house.

Ironbite-thankfully found something but damn it we need more headache stuff.