Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2066337 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4395 on: July 15, 2013, 09:35:14 am »
I suspect I'm growing an extra tooth. I have a dentist's appointment for Wednesday, but in the meantime it's not very pleasant at all.
Σא

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4396 on: July 15, 2013, 10:09:59 am »
While I was mixing the medicine to give my cat with a cold, I poured the water in and the powdery compound poofed up in my face.  Amoxicillin.  The punchline?  I'm allergic to penicillin.  Ah... it's gonna be a splendid day.  If I get as stuffed up as my cat, I'll know what caused it.  If it doesn't kill me, of course.
*Dances out of the thread*

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4397 on: July 15, 2013, 10:12:21 am »
My boyfriend keeps asking me to adjust my sleep cycle so i can stay up with him at night. I dont he wuite understands that im not allowed up in my room during the day, much less sleep
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4398 on: July 15, 2013, 12:50:35 pm »
It's been 3 god damn days, when will this stupid water advisory be lifted??

BIEBER!

He must have some really strong piss, I tell you.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4399 on: July 15, 2013, 02:20:11 pm »
When gamers skip through the tutorials/in-game tips of games they play (especially Let's Players) and then hit the brick wall that the tutorial was telling you how to get around.  It's annoying because, for the non-Let's Players, they end up asking on the forums how to do something that, if they had bothered to actually READ the tutorial, was perfectly explained to them... and in the case of Let's Players, it creates an incredibly frustrating and not fun at all moment where they keep throwing themselves at the problem, complaining that the game didn't explain anything to them (which, if they had just shut up for a moment and either listened to the Helpful Information Character talk, they would have been through in two minutes) and wondering what to do.

Also gamers who complain about how games "handhold" people.  See above for why games handhold people now.  And the sad thing is?  A lot of these "dumbass gamers" are actually "hardcore" (pffft) gamers who have been playing almost as long as I have, sometimes longer :-/
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4400 on: July 15, 2013, 03:52:33 pm »
When gamers skip through the tutorials/in-game tips of games they play (especially Let's Players) and then hit the brick wall that the tutorial was telling you how to get around.  It's annoying because, for the non-Let's Players, they end up asking on the forums how to do something that, if they had bothered to actually READ the tutorial, was perfectly explained to them... and in the case of Let's Players, it creates an incredibly frustrating and not fun at all moment where they keep throwing themselves at the problem, complaining that the game didn't explain anything to them (which, if they had just shut up for a moment and either listened to the Helpful Information Character talk, they would have been through in two minutes) and wondering what to do.

Also gamers who complain about how games "handhold" people.  See above for why games handhold people now.  And the sad thing is?  A lot of these "dumbass gamers" are actually "hardcore" (pffft) gamers who have been playing almost as long as I have, sometimes longer :-/

You mean like DarkSide Phil?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYc4qGhUu54" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYc4qGhUu54</a>

Just watch for a few seconds to get to the "I don't have an M9" part.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4401 on: July 15, 2013, 05:10:35 pm »
THAT IS EXACTLY THE KINDA BULLSHIT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

...Ahem.

Sorry, that was just... ugh.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4402 on: July 15, 2013, 05:30:12 pm »
THAT IS EXACTLY THE KINDA BULLSHIT I'M TALKING ABOUT!

...Ahem.

Sorry, that was just... ugh.

Don't watch any of his other stuff. It really is exactly like that.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4403 on: July 15, 2013, 07:46:59 pm »
I know that Tobuscus does it on purpose to garner extra laughs as he tries to muscle thru the problem at hand.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4404 on: July 15, 2013, 08:35:02 pm »
I know that Tobuscus does it on purpose to garner extra laughs as he tries to muscle thru the problem at hand.

The problem with certain LPers is that they don't really understand what's truly funny. They legitimately think that screaming hysterically into a microphone, making stupid faces, and vulgar humor are good ways to make a good LP.

I love ChipCheezum and General Ironicus because most of the time, they're relatively subdued (at least by PewDiePie standards) and mostly just snark their way through it in an adorable fashion. Like, these are two guys you'd legit want to play video games with because they won't scream in your ear or whack the controller out of your hands while calling themselves King of Rape or something. It helps that Chip is genuinely good at video games and cuts out the vast majority of his failures, and he'll even add extra videos detailing as many easter eggs, side missions, and alternate paths as possible.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4405 on: July 15, 2013, 08:47:11 pm »
ScottishDuck is someone who I would consider "Failure is Funny" in the sense that he's not actually trying to suck, he legitimately sucks at playing games, admits it, and Let's Plays games for that reason.

There are certain LPs of his that are fun to watch and others that are not.  Avoid his Psychonauts LP, because the Waterloo-o level will make you scream at his idiocy.  On the other hand, his Ratchet and Clank stuff is fairly amusing... until it isn't, in which case, I just start skipping through the video.

He's not an LPer to watch if you want to see him make progress each video.  Thankfully he does title his videos, and in really extreme cases of stupidity he'll link you to a future part of the video where he figures it out.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4406 on: July 15, 2013, 09:26:21 pm »
I'd like to do some Lets Plays, but there's no way I can run anything too taxing on my ancient computer, or upload anything with my ancient connection.  Maybe someday.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4407 on: July 15, 2013, 09:32:39 pm »
AlChestbreach is legit funny.

Ironbite-at least I think so so...

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #4408 on: July 15, 2013, 09:54:20 pm »
Since we're talking about LP's (Let's Plays, not Long Play albums), all you need in your life is this.

wrightway

« Reply #4409 on: July 15, 2013, 10:03:34 pm »
People who claim their advice from whatever herbal remedy book they're reading this week is better than your doctor's instructions. Especially if they follow it with, "those doctors don't know everything."