Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2066568 times)

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4485 on: July 24, 2013, 07:10:31 am »
This past week, the very few times I've seen any TV news, they've been reporting on nothing but the British royals breeding. Fucking hell, there are more than enough things to report on that are actually relevant and effect people's lives, but no, some family of has-been aristocrats on the other side of the world shits out a little bastard, we have to hear about it over and over and over and fucking over again.

It's like those stupid Princess Diana conspiracy theories from 2007 all over again.

I felt the same way until I saw this, and now it's all worth it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i8arQH-tSE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7i8arQH-tSE</a>
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4486 on: July 24, 2013, 10:25:44 am »
This past week, the very few times I've seen any TV news, they've been reporting on nothing but the British royals breeding. Fucking hell, there are more than enough things to report on that are actually relevant and effect people's lives, but no, some family of has-been aristocrats on the other side of the world shits out a little bastard, we have to hear about it over and over and over and fucking over again.

It's like those stupid Princess Diana conspiracy theories from 2007 all over again.
Thank you for reminding me of this:

What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #4487 on: July 24, 2013, 10:30:09 am »

The monarchy should be abolished. When Lizzie croaks at the latest.

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4488 on: July 24, 2013, 01:09:00 pm »

Agreed. The monarchy doesn't actually do anything important anymore. In fact, it kinda sucks to be born into it. Your entire life, you're put on display for people to gawk at, you have little privacy, the government likes to trot you out for display at loads of public engagements, like a prized pet or something, and you get no retirement; you keep doing it until you drop dead. It's an exhausting and kind of demeaning life, and it's absolutely pointless!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4489 on: July 24, 2013, 02:26:45 pm »

Agreed. The monarchy doesn't actually do anything important anymore. In fact, it kinda sucks to be born into it. Your entire life, you're put on display for people to gawk at, you have little privacy, the government likes to trot you out for display at loads of public engagements, like a prized pet or something, and you get no retirement; you keep doing it until you drop dead. It's an exhausting and kind of demeaning life, and it's absolutely pointless!
You're rich, you get to meet famous people, there's little in the way of roadblocks in life, and did I mention you're rich?
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4490 on: July 24, 2013, 05:38:03 pm »

You're rich, you get to meet famous people, there's little in the way of roadblocks in life, and did I mention you're rich?

While true, things still do suck for them, just not in the same way they suck for us footsloggers.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4491 on: July 24, 2013, 06:27:04 pm »
The monarchy doesn't actually do anything important anymore. In fact, it kinda sucks to be born into it. Your entire life, you're put on display for people to gawk at, you have little privacy, the government likes to trot you out for display at loads of public engagements, like a prized pet or something, and you get no retirement; you keep doing it until you drop dead. It's an exhausting and kind of demeaning life, and it's absolutely pointless!

Little in the way of roadblocks? On the contrary. The kid's life has mostly been planned out from before he was a sperm in the Prince's testicles, and there'll be an enormous pressure to follow that particular course. Not to mention having zero privacy from before he was even born, every minor fuck-up being a news story. Many choose that in exchange for wealth and fame, to be sure, but they got a choice. Not the royal heir.

Actually, Charlie Stross made this argument better than I could, so read what he said instead.
Σא

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4492 on: July 24, 2013, 06:39:38 pm »
Yeah, regular folks like us have a chance of becoming rich (or financially stable, at least), but without all the nonsense royals have to deal with. Kate can't afford to be anything other than perfect because all eyes are on her at all times now. That's a ruddy life, if you ask me.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 06:41:44 pm by Sleepy »
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4493 on: July 24, 2013, 07:45:10 pm »
My boyfriend wont get off my case about why I dont like video based sites, nostalgia critic, eacapist, tgwtg. Nome of that is my style, go away
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4494 on: July 24, 2013, 10:23:01 pm »
My brother and dad are inconsiderate pieces of shit. Neither of them bothered to tell me that my godfather -- the man who was basically like a second dad to me when I was a little kid -- died all the way back in fucking April. I only found out today because I noticed that only my godmother had signed my birthday card, and checked his Facebook to discover a bunch of "RIP" comments on his wall.

Seriously, who just "forgets" to tell someone about something like that?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 10:24:36 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

wrightway

« Reply #4495 on: July 24, 2013, 10:44:48 pm »
*hugs* I am so sorry.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4496 on: July 24, 2013, 11:20:58 pm »
My brother and dad are inconsiderate pieces of shit. Neither of them bothered to tell me that my godfather -- the man who was basically like a second dad to me when I was a little kid -- died all the way back in fucking April. I only found out today because I noticed that only my godmother had signed my birthday card, and checked his Facebook to discover a bunch of "RIP" comments on his wall.

Goddamn. I'm so sorry, lovely. *hugs* I'd punch 'em for ya if I could. I doubt I could reach further than the crotch but people need a good crotch punch sometimes, huh?

My condolences on your loss.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #4497 on: July 24, 2013, 11:29:58 pm »

Why weren't you in contact with him?

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4498 on: July 25, 2013, 12:07:58 am »
*hugs* I am so sorry.

Goddamn. I'm so sorry, lovely. *hugs* I'd punch 'em for ya if I could. I doubt I could reach further than the crotch but people need a good crotch punch sometimes, huh?

My condolences on your loss.

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Why weren't you in contact with him?

He and my godmother moved across the country years ago, and he wasn't on Facebook very often. It's been a while since I had regular contact with either of them, but still, he and my godmother were an integral part of my life when I was a kid.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2013, 12:09:45 am by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #4499 on: July 25, 2013, 12:11:49 am »
I see. I'm sorry that you've had to go through this, for what it's worth. )=