Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2067418 times)

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4590 on: July 31, 2013, 02:18:08 pm »
People making jokes about how I would starve in a kitchen full of food because I can't feed myself. x.x

Yeah, or the times I'm like "there's nothing to eat" and I get the response "the kitchen is full of food." Yeah, just not food I'm feeling up for at the moment.

#1stWorldProblems
Ugh, I hate that reply. It's like, my point is, there's nothing here that I want to eat because it's late in the week and we've eaten it all already.
I get that all the time as well. x.x

Also, Queenie! <3

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #4591 on: July 31, 2013, 02:49:59 pm »
I hate the mini tripadvisor pop up that comes on whenever you go on tripadvisor.

I'm already on their website, so I don't understand what it's purpose is apart from being a pain in the arse.

That reminded me of another hate, although I've not encountered it for a while.

Products that keep advertising to you after you've bought them.  I've had things in the past where I've opened the packaging and inside there's some marketing bumpf that's telling me how awesome the product is.  You don't have to keep trying to convince me to buy it; I've already bought the bloody thing, you monkey spankers.

Yeah, that makes little to no sense.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4592 on: July 31, 2013, 02:52:16 pm »
I hate the mini tripadvisor pop up that comes on whenever you go on tripadvisor.

I'm already on their website, so I don't understand what it's purpose is apart from being a pain in the arse.

That reminded me of another hate, although I've not encountered it for a while.

Products that keep advertising to you after you've bought them.  I've had things in the past where I've opened the packaging and inside there's some marketing bumpf that's telling me how awesome the product is.  You don't have to keep trying to convince me to buy it; I've already bought the bloody thing, you monkey spankers.

Yeah, that makes little to no sense.
At least it's funny. I keep em because I'm a bit of a collector.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4593 on: July 31, 2013, 03:18:19 pm »
I hate that feeling when I'm hungry but I'm too tired/too lazy to actually cook anything meaningful, but I don't want to eat a lunchmeat sandwich.

I also hate it when the local supermarket will suddenly stop stocking up on things that are popular.  Not because of recall, it just feels like "Oh, this thing is too popular?  Well we won't sell it anymore."
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #4594 on: July 31, 2013, 04:00:44 pm »
I got stung by a yellow jacket/bee/hornet/whatever the other day while mowing, and now it really itches.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4595 on: July 31, 2013, 05:32:23 pm »
Ugh.  Trying to get my dev environment for my mod updated to 1.6.2, and its like pullin fuckin teeth.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4596 on: July 31, 2013, 08:36:04 pm »
People thinking that because I'm not obviously queer, it's okay to make gay jokes around me/use "that's so gay" unironically. First of all, the fact that I'm not overly butch/flaming/in a same-sex relationship does not mean I'm not queer, it means I'm choosing to express myself in a subdued way. Second, even if I was heteronormative, I'd still call somebody out on it because if somebody pulls that shit, they are a douche and I enough douchebaggery in my life without that.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
« Reply #4597 on: July 31, 2013, 09:06:32 pm »
The people in charge of keeping records at my university's hospital are all retarded. None of it's digital. At all! No, they put half the charts on fucking microfilm, which require special machines for the data on them to be accessed and read. And the hospital only has two goddamned microfilm readers! So I have to spend half my day in a dingy basement, sitting in front of a relic from however many decades ago and manually search for the information I need. If both the machines are already occupied, then I'm shit outta luck. What pisses me off even more is that the hospital is still fucking put charts into microfilm! I was looking through one patient's chart, and there was a visit dated as sometime in 2010! The other half of the hospital's charts are still in paper form. As retarded as this is, after spending hours in front of the stupid microfilm reading machine, leafing through actual sheets of paper is an improvement. I haven't been told any reason for why the hospital uses microfilm that isn't retarded bullshit. After several hours of hunting through the hospital's retarded chart system, time spent working on the databases fucking flies!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4598 on: July 31, 2013, 09:26:13 pm »
The people in charge of keeping records at my university's hospital are all retarded. None of it's digital. At all! No, they put half the charts on fucking microfilm, which require special machines for the data on them to be accessed and read. And the hospital only has two goddamned microfilm readers! So I have to spend half my day in a dingy basement, sitting in front of a relic from however many decades ago and manually search for the information I need. If both the machines are already occupied, then I'm shit outta luck. What pisses me off even more is that the hospital is still fucking put charts into microfilm! I was looking through one patient's chart, and there was a visit dated as sometime in 2010! The other half of the hospital's charts are still in paper form. As retarded as this is, after spending hours in front of the stupid microfilm reading machine, leafing through actual sheets of paper is an improvement. I haven't been told any reason for why the hospital uses microfilm that isn't retarded bullshit. After several hours of hunting through the hospital's retarded chart system, time spent working on the databases fucking flies!

Usually it's because the people who are in charge of that thing are conservative (and likely very old) and don't want to change. My mother works with an elderly woman who refuses to get rid of her typewriter and has to practically be forced at gunpoint to use anything on a computer.

Not to mention that whenever I go into the office to do some work (I only show up there to do essentially plebeian stuff that nobody got around to doing in time), the vast majority of what I'm doing is often putting paper files onto the computer database.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #4599 on: July 31, 2013, 11:20:43 pm »
Just thought of something else: My 13 yr old cousin. That is all.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4600 on: August 01, 2013, 02:12:30 am »
When you join Playstation Plus, get a bunch of free games, start downloading a few, and then your PS3 freezes when Saints Row The Third is 86% installed.

And then you need to wait a few minutes more when you restart the system because you had to unplug it to get it to shut off and it needs to check for corrupted data.

And when you start up the game again, it decides that all the installed content doesn't REALLY count and does the whole thing over again. All 7.333 gigabytes.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4601 on: August 01, 2013, 10:19:52 am »
1. I left the super glue I bought in my locker at work
2. when you're in the middle of doing something online, and the internet decides it's going to up and die for about 15 minutes.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4602 on: August 01, 2013, 10:30:57 am »
Somehow, someway, I was able to turn off my wi-fi and Windows 8 isn't exactly...intuitive when it comes to figuring out how to turn it back on.

Ironbite-seriously annoyed me.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4603 on: August 01, 2013, 10:46:03 am »
Oh, I'm sorry ebay seller that my neutral rating set you down a peg, maybe you should find a better mode of mailing the item, given that it took a fucking month to get here.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4604 on: August 01, 2013, 04:16:55 pm »
Trying to get off benzos.  Cold turkey won't kill you, but makes you wish you were dead sometimes.  I'm probably gonna have to do the whole-->half--->quarter-dose thing.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 04:19:55 pm by SpaceProg »