Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2066430 times)

Offline Valerius

• Pope
  • Gentlemen.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4800 on: August 17, 2013, 07:20:53 pm »
How I hate weak coffee.

I hate all coffee :P

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #4801 on: August 17, 2013, 07:38:37 pm »
How I hate weak coffee.

Heretic!

I hate how deer can't make up their mind. They see my car and decide to run out of the road, then back in to the road, then out of the road, then back in to the road, then out of the road. At least they're tasty.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4802 on: August 17, 2013, 08:09:17 pm »
Blackboard, the student website thingy (seriously, what the hell are those things called, cos I am not saying "learning environment") glitched, and now I have to write my essay in cardio on such a fucking lame topic, the equipment in sleep labs instead of heart and lung transplants
Oh gods, I just got introduced to that this week. Between that, and the ineptitude of one teacher (didn't mention until yesterday which textbook I need for class), I am not looking forward to this online thing.

Brings back college memories, yeah it was a pain in the ass.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #4803 on: August 17, 2013, 08:21:10 pm »
How I hate weak coffee.

Heretic!

I hate how deer can't make up their mind. They see my car and decide to run out of the road, then back in to the road, then out of the road, then back in to the road, then out of the road. At least they're tasty.

Maybe before long you'll have a bear to take care of them. Our neighbor had goats, and a bear ate one.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #4804 on: August 17, 2013, 08:36:47 pm »
How I hate weak coffee.

Heretic!

Rabbits around here do the same thing. :/ Luckily we've never hit one.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4805 on: August 17, 2013, 08:51:42 pm »
People who let their cats and dogs roam free near a major highway.

And I'm not talking working animals on a farm, I mean ordinary house pets.

Well, technically this is more harrowing than annoying.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #4806 on: August 17, 2013, 08:59:31 pm »
How I hate weak coffee.

Heretic!

Maybe before long you'll have a bear to take care of them. Our neighbor had goats, and a bear ate one.
There are black bears up here. I'm sure they get some deer. Mountain lions are starting to come back too, but are pretty rare.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4807 on: August 17, 2013, 10:59:18 pm »
All humans in Dead Rising 2. They're either too strong or clearly mentally retarded. Also, weapons in Dead Rising 2. I think I have a new name for my favorite zombie game, State of Decay; "Everything Dead Rising tried to do, done right, and more".
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4808 on: August 17, 2013, 11:44:33 pm »
I got into an email-based shouting match with a relative today. I found out (from shoulder-surfing my mom while she was on FB) that she wants to use the Pearls' methods of child abuse discipline, as detailed in To Train Up A Child, on her firstborn daughter. You know, the book-turned-free-PDF that has a parent talking about how a child should have his or her will broken by the age of one year? The one that says children should be conditioned to immediately obey any command to avoid getting beaten? The one has has parents deliberately putting their kids into dangerous situations (near a pond, by an open stove, holding a gun...) and saying "No" to teach them obedience?
I read bits of TTUAC in order to better argue with my relative and found myself so severely disgusted I had to close the tab and look at kittens and corgis for a while. It's a manual for child abuse, wrapped in smug "righteousness". She insists it's not abuse, it's simply g-d's model for families and even goes so far as to claim anyone who doesn't beat their children hates them. Let me say it in internet shouty text: THIS BOOK ADVOCATES BEATING CHILDREN FOR ANY OFFENSE, NO MATTER HOW MINOR, UNTIL THEY SUBMIT COMPLETELY TO THEIR PARENTS.

If that's not child abuse, I'll eat my fedora with a fuckton of hot sauce and wash it down with razor blades.
Update: The douchecanoe in question drove about an hour and a half to bring her daughter to a pastor who also subscribes to "beat your children 'till they love you" school of thought. He held the baby for a few minutes, then pronounced her "prone to rebellion - against her father, against you, against g-d, even against her natural place as a g-dly woman". The relative interpreted this as "my baby is GAY and a FEMINIST! She's NEVAR going to be allowed to be friends with other girls unless their parents beat the shit out of them too!!"

Her child is six weeks old. SIX. WEEKS. And what the fuck is up with the pastor who doesn't realize that a baby just might be fussy after an hour and half in an old car with shitty AC? What the fuck is up with a pastor that gives detailed descriptions of an infant's predisposition to certain types of sin? There is so much WTF in this picture that I can't even.

Fortunately for everyone involved, some of my other (also fundie) relatives are calling her out on her bullshit. Even Fundie Has Standards?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #4809 on: August 17, 2013, 11:49:33 pm »
I got into an email-based shouting match with a relative today. I found out (from shoulder-surfing my mom while she was on FB) that she wants to use the Pearls' methods of child abuse discipline, as detailed in To Train Up A Child, on her firstborn daughter. You know, the book-turned-free-PDF that has a parent talking about how a child should have his or her will broken by the age of one year? The one that says children should be conditioned to immediately obey any command to avoid getting beaten? The one has has parents deliberately putting their kids into dangerous situations (near a pond, by an open stove, holding a gun...) and saying "No" to teach them obedience?
I read bits of TTUAC in order to better argue with my relative and found myself so severely disgusted I had to close the tab and look at kittens and corgis for a while. It's a manual for child abuse, wrapped in smug "righteousness". She insists it's not abuse, it's simply g-d's model for families and even goes so far as to claim anyone who doesn't beat their children hates them. Let me say it in internet shouty text: THIS BOOK ADVOCATES BEATING CHILDREN FOR ANY OFFENSE, NO MATTER HOW MINOR, UNTIL THEY SUBMIT COMPLETELY TO THEIR PARENTS.

If that's not child abuse, I'll eat my fedora with a fuckton of hot sauce and wash it down with razor blades.
Update: The douchecanoe in question drove about an hour and a half to bring her daughter to a pastor who also subscribes to "beat your children 'till they love you" school of thought. He held the baby for a few minutes, then pronounced her "prone to rebellion - against her father, against you, against g-d, even against her natural place as a g-dly woman". The relative interpreted this as "my baby is GAY and a FEMINIST! She's NEVAR going to be allowed to be friends with other girls unless their parents beat the shit out of them too!!"

Her child is six weeks old. SIX. WEEKS. And what the fuck is up with the pastor who doesn't realize that a baby just might be fussy after an hour and half in an old car with shitty AC? What the fuck is up with a pastor that gives detailed descriptions of an infant's predisposition to certain types of sin? There is so much WTF in this picture that I can't even.

Fortunately for everyone involved, some of my other (also fundie) relatives are calling her out on her bullshit. Even Fundie Has Standards?
The moment you see evidence of abuse, call CPS with an anonymous tip.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4810 on: August 18, 2013, 12:39:51 am »
I wish it was that easy. She lives in another state. Considering the backlash she's gotten so far she might just ragequit Facebook and go about her merry child-beating way, squealing "persecution" the whole time. I'm going to keep an eye (and a "WTF") on her for as long as I can, but I realize that if she's intent on paddling her daughter until CPS shows up there's nothing I can do to stop her.
Jesus rollerblading christ, that was depressing. Here, have a cat gif:
(click to show/hide)
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #4811 on: August 18, 2013, 12:44:47 am »
I wish it was that easy. She lives in another state. Considering the backlash she's gotten so far she might just ragequit Facebook and go about her merry child-beating way, squealing "persecution" the whole time. I'm going to keep an eye (and a "WTF") on her for as long as I can, but I realize that if she's intent on paddling her daughter until CPS shows up there's nothing I can do to stop her.
Jesus rollerblading christ, that was depressing. Here, have a cat gif:
(click to show/hide)
If you know her address, call her state's CPS. If not, get her address and call her state's CPS. They should have an anonymous tip line. If you see even one mention of her doing it, call them. If not, just call them after a bit.

Offline Undecided

• The boring one.
  • Bishop
  • Amateur Obfuscator
« Reply #4812 on: August 18, 2013, 01:00:07 am »
Blackboard, the student website thingy (seriously, what the hell are those things called, cos I am not saying "learning environment") glitched, and now I have to write my essay in cardio on such a fucking lame topic, the equipment in sleep labs instead of heart and lung transplants
Apparently, lots of things. I think the least obnoxious name would be "course manager".
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Learning_management_system#Virtual_Learning_Environment
You mad, you lose.

People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.
Helen Keller
Le doute n'est pas une condition agréable, mais la certitude est absurde.
Voltaire

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #4813 on: August 18, 2013, 01:57:12 pm »
I haven't been able to sleep since yesterday thanks to the single worst toothache I've had in my life. Every 45 minutes or so, it starts feeling like someone stabbed me in the jaw and twisted the knife. I never cry when I'm in pain, but I'm pretty damn close to breaking down and sobbing right now -- it's that bad. All of the standard home remedies last for, perhaps, a minute, and popping Advil and Aleve is barely taking the edge off (and making my stomach feel like shit). I'm gonna ask my roommate to grab me some Orajel and OTC T1s at the store, since I don't think I can handle going anywhere while it feels like the left side of my face is about to collapse into a singularity, but I have no clue if they'll actually help.

Worse, I can't afford to go to the dentist until my next paycheque (because apparently this stupid fucking province doesn't seem to realize that dental health is kind of important, and basic fucking care -- fillings, tooth extractions, etc. -- should be covered), so I'm likely going to have to endure repeated bouts of this until then.

This seriously fucking sucks.

Edit: And I have no clue what I'm gonna do at work, even if the codeine does work. I can't very well be sitting around feeling fuzzy while I'm supposed to be working.

Edit 2: Orajel + Codeine worked. Feeling so much better now.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 04:31:41 pm by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #4814 on: August 18, 2013, 03:10:24 pm »
People that take stuff with them to the toilet.