Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065249 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5625 on: October 05, 2013, 03:43:15 pm »
I hate it when people are unbearably stupid about their college choices. I know a girl who wants to become a music teacher, which we all know is not the best-paying job. Well, it's her choice, so whatever. But beyond that, rather than going to one of the many nice colleges here in our state, she is going to a college out-of-state. Not because of the amazing music teacher program it has, but because the campus is nice. Fuck all the beautiful campuses in Virginia, this West Virginia one is totally worth the horrifying out-of-state tuition! And she expects her mom to pay for it, at least partially. I can't wrap my mind around this.

Question....the fuck is wrong with West Virginia University?

Ironbite-I ask as I hold a mint plant nonchanlantly.

Well if you were a True Virginian™ then you would know that we make a pastime from mocking the lesser Virginia.

As a "True Virginian™" I am mostly shocked you forgot one of the better music schools in the state.  JMU would like words with thee!

Ironbite-BUT NOT AFTER I'M THROUGH WITH MINTING SLEEPY! MWHWHAHAHAHAHA!

She's a coinage, now?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5626 on: October 05, 2013, 04:02:05 pm »
I don't know which university it is in WV, just that it's one of the colleges there. But yeah, the mom directly told us that her daughter was going there because it was pretty. That's my issue. If you're going to force yourself and/or your mom into twice as much debt because the campus is pretty, then you need a head check.

Well if you were a True Virginian™ then you would know that we make a pastime from mocking the lesser Virginia.

I can attest to this.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5627 on: October 05, 2013, 04:08:24 pm »
Yeah, it's WVU.  Very pretty campus.  Not a very good music program as I recall.  Then again, I went there many many many moons ago so it could've changed.

Ironbite-now let's get to minting you...

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #5628 on: October 05, 2013, 11:01:17 pm »
My friend decided to have a panic attack, and has backed out of going to the NYCC with me. Mom and sister suggested that my sister should go with me. FUCK NO!! My sister is not the type of person you go with to a Comic Con with, she's made fun of me because of my geekiness, and geeks in general. There is no way in hell, that I'm going with her...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 01:10:09 am by Empress Nicki »

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5629 on: October 06, 2013, 12:48:14 am »
If it were me, I'd go by myself.  Better than being miserable with someone you don't want with you.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #5630 on: October 06, 2013, 01:04:10 am »
I asked a co worker/friend earlier if she wanted to come with me. She sold hers because she had a friend bail on her, and she didn't want to go alone(she had the 3 day pass). She said she'll probably go, she'll let me know tomorrow. I don't mind going alone, the problem is that my Mom and sister treat me like a 5 year old, and don't want me to go by myself. My mom making up some bs, about me getting lost or being robbed. Would it kill my mom to not treat like a little kid for once, I'm 30 years old..
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 01:15:02 am by Empress Nicki »

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5631 on: October 06, 2013, 03:36:41 am »
Some idiot just crashed into our yard, in the space between our house and the woods we live next to.  He was speeding down a wet road and was apparently drunk, since according to my brother, he failed his sobriety test (he couldn't stand on one leg).  He was cuffed and taken away.  His vehicle (not sure what it was, had fog lights on the top) was completely banged up on the driver's side, and his back driver side wheel was gone.  My house is fine, but the side yard has gouges in it, and a row of cinder blocks that ran from the side of the house to the woods was knocked askew.  There's also a huge chunk of that was partly buried in the ground that was ripped out.

All in all, we're pretty damn lucky the house is okay considering how close he was next to it.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5632 on: October 06, 2013, 06:53:06 am »
I found a wikihow on how to get over your fear of slenderman

How much of a faggot do you have to be -_-. This is almost as bad as "how to make people think you're a vampire"
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5633 on: October 06, 2013, 06:56:27 am »
And here I was thinking that the Slenderman fad was over.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5634 on: October 06, 2013, 07:00:59 am »
No internet fad is ever truly over. They replicate and fester in some part of the internet
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5635 on: October 06, 2013, 08:26:25 am »
I always thought of Slenderman as more of an internet folk tale, like the Bogeyman.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #5636 on: October 06, 2013, 09:57:51 am »
So I told my Mom how I feel that she's treating me like a little kid over Comic con, because both her and my sister don't want me to go by myself. Her response was, "You should be grateful that we care about you, and don't want something bad to happen." Yeah the thing is that I'm 30 fucking years old, and this is a constant thing with her. If my one friend can't go, I'm going by myself, fuck that shit.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2013, 11:52:18 am by Empress Nicki »

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5637 on: October 06, 2013, 02:01:48 pm »
I can't wait for my mouth to heal so I can eat properly again cause I tried to eat a bagel last night and about half way through I gave up due to pain.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5638 on: October 06, 2013, 02:32:14 pm »
So I told my Mom how I feel that she's treating me like a little kid over Comic con, because both her and my sister don't want me to go by myself. Her response was, "You should be grateful that we care about you, and don't want something bad to happen." Yeah the thing is that I'm 30 fucking years old, and this is a constant thing with her. If my one friend can't go, I'm going by myself, fuck that shit.

Fuck if I could, I would go with you in a heartbeat.  Sadly, can't get that much time off work.  Just sucks that your family is like that.

Ironbite-just fucking hell is there problem?

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5639 on: October 06, 2013, 02:35:07 pm »
Had to call out of work tonight, using up my only sick day allowed. I've got a ridiculous amount of strained muscles, including a pulled Achilles Tendon, and I completely shot my voice from my growling and screaming.

My mom got upset, but I held firm. She tends to treat my work almost like I'm still in high school, trying to berate and bully me into overextending myself (even when my stage manager, assistant stage manager, and one of the medical guys at Health Services were trying to convince me to stop working yesterday to keep me from hurting myself more). But I'm not taking any chances, especially with the risk of my foot not healing properly if I keep walking on it.

I told her that I always "listen to her opinion" on stuff like this, but I also have the right to ignore it.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.