Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2067223 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5700 on: October 14, 2013, 03:19:56 am »
I'm awake at 3am after waking up around 10pm and going back to sleep and going to sleep the first time around 8pm. This is ridiculous.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5701 on: October 14, 2013, 03:33:59 am »
Pulling an all nighter to finish work. And it's not like I procrastinated and this is my punishment, I've been working on some of these assignments multiple hours per day this week.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #5702 on: October 14, 2013, 05:23:58 am »
My lamb steps on my toes pretty much every time I feed him. He is getting HEAVY and he has hooves.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #5703 on: October 14, 2013, 05:05:41 pm »
I don't understand why they can't just put the length of films in hours and minutes.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5704 on: October 14, 2013, 05:44:47 pm »
I don't understand why they can't just put the length of films in hours and minutes.

Its the WoW Effect: stupid people are easily impressed by big numbers.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5705 on: October 14, 2013, 08:46:27 pm »
When people who are Let's Playing a game skip or talk over dialogue and plot points, then have to hold up gameplay to ask a bunch of questions and figure out crap that was already answered if they'd just been paying attention.  It's especially bad when they seem to have a bad memory regarding whatever they're playing, so they repeatedly have to stop and ask the same answered questions over and over.  Also, when they bypass or miss important things because they don't take the time to stop and look.

"How do I exit this mech?  Seriously, how do I exit?"  It's right there!  It's literally right there at the bottom of the screen!  'Exit Y'!  You press Y to exit!  Just look!  So you'll look down to consult your stream chat so your viewers can tell you how to exit, but you can't actually look at what's on your damn screen?  It's right there!  There's not even any action going on!  There's nothing to lose by just taking the time to look!  And no, it wasn't written tiny or hard to see.  I could see it fine on a youtube screen with the actual gameplay screen at a skewed angle.  And I've never played the game before.  And I could find it just fine.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #5706 on: October 14, 2013, 08:57:22 pm »
When I buy some very expensive but DELICIOUS food for myself with my own money...and then my stepdad eats it all. ):<
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5707 on: October 14, 2013, 08:59:48 pm »
@Iosa

While I would like to point out that it's easier to observe as an observer than it is as a player, there's still the fact that it's not really much of a decent excuse, especially when it's plainly spelled out.

Also that reason right there is why it's near impossible to find any good Let's Plays of Overlord 2.  90% of them seem to fall into the "I'm going to talk over Gnarl explaining how to easily take care of this enemy.  WTF WHY IS THIS GAME SO HARD THEY DON'T EXPLAIN HOW TO TAKE CARE OF THIS ENEMY" (I'm not exaggerating, this is exactly what happens in most of them... albeit it's paraphrased)

@Indikins

That right there is why I have a tendency to hoard and devour any food I get, because my father will eat everything while complaining that we bought it ("Don't buy anymore cookies, I don't need them"  WE DIDN'T BUY THEM FOR YOU) so I tend to eat food so that Dad can't get to it.

Not a healthy habit.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #5708 on: October 14, 2013, 09:09:33 pm »
I bought a box of Tim Horton's K-cups (yeah, I broke down and got one of those things) two days ago and there's only one left now. I've only had two or three and those things aren't cheap. I really hope Dad's not trying to "prove a point" like he did when I used to buy pop. This "point" seems to be that I can't buy anything for myself or everyone else will eat or drink it on me. With the pop thing, I was buying a case of pop so I could take one in my lunch, because it was cheaper than buying one from the vending machine at work every day, but then everyone else started drinking all my pop and I went from buying one case of pop that lasted two weeks or so to buying TWO cases that lasted just one week. Even after I started buying a flavour of pop I knew nobody else liked. So I just stopped after a while. </ramble>

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #5709 on: October 15, 2013, 03:53:23 pm »
Was almost late to class due to a car crash somewhere up ahead. I park, bolt for the building, and get to the door. There's an orange paper on the door: Math 107 9:30AM and Math 107 11:30AM are cancelled.

So I don't want to go home just yet and am hanging out at the coffee shop like a hipster.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5710 on: October 15, 2013, 04:39:17 pm »
My mom keeps talking about how I'm not working, I'm not "contributing to the *~family~*" (because cooking, cleaning, and running errands are only contributions when it's my mom doing them), and how my parents don't have to do jack shit for me after I turn eighteen in six weeks. At the same time, she refuses to let me out of the house for anything besides "go get your younger siblings" or "go to the grocery store and get xyz", and has locked all the computers in the house so that I can't look for a job online. (Why am I able to post here? FQA isn't blocked on mobile, while almost all non-scam job search sites are or might as well be because they're completely unusable. Also, I have no way to post my résumé from mobile, so it's a moot point.) She's desperate for me to do something besides sit on my ass and watch Firefly, yet she's sabotaging me at every turn. All this is while very deliberately using the wrong name and pronouns. That thumping sound is my forehead hitting the nearest wall over and over again.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5711 on: October 15, 2013, 05:09:07 pm »
Well then, quit sitting on your ass watching Firefly.

Watch Buffy or Angel instead.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5712 on: October 15, 2013, 05:13:22 pm »
My mom keeps talking about how I'm not working, I'm not "contributing to the *~family~*" (because cooking, cleaning, and running errands are only contributions when it's my mom doing them), and how my parents don't have to do jack shit for me after I turn eighteen in six weeks. At the same time, she refuses to let me out of the house for anything besides "go get your younger siblings" or "go to the grocery store and get xyz", and has locked all the computers in the house so that I can't look for a job online. (Why am I able to post here? FQA isn't blocked on mobile, while almost all non-scam job search sites are or might as well be because they're completely unusable. Also, I have no way to post my résumé from mobile, so it's a moot point.) She's desperate for me to do something besides sit on my ass and watch Firefly, yet she's sabotaging me at every turn. All this is while very deliberately using the wrong name and pronouns. That thumping sound is my forehead hitting the nearest wall over and over again.

I wish to inflict harm on your mother; just puttin it out there.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5713 on: October 15, 2013, 10:38:27 pm »
That was supposed to have quotation marks around it, but thanks for the suggestion.

I wish to inflict harm on your mother; just puttin it out there.
Get in line. The end's somewhere over there. *gestures toward Alpha Centauri* 
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5714 on: October 15, 2013, 11:45:08 pm »
That was supposed to have quotation marks around it, but thanks for the suggestion.

Ah, I don't tend to quote if I'm posting right after the person who I'm quoting.   Though I could be misunderstanding you and not getting the joke which I do tend to do sometimes when my brain is all plegh.