Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065325 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5775 on: October 28, 2013, 07:37:24 pm »
Okay... this is going to be a bit of a minor TMI moment so...

(click to show/hide)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #5776 on: October 28, 2013, 08:35:36 pm »
For some reason, what jumped to my mind reading that post - forgive me for being slightly off-topic - was the segments of Tosh.0 (you know, that show only people who find stuff like PewDiePie's Let's Plays funny, aka "tools") where he would encourage viewers to submit to him a video of you non-consensually tapping your girl's stomach.

And also why Daniel Tosh is an abhorrent piece of shit, to be listed when I get this novelty notebook "People I Want To Punch in the Face".

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5777 on: October 28, 2013, 10:05:08 pm »
For some reason, what jumped to my mind reading that post - forgive me for being slightly off-topic - was the segments of Tosh.0 (you know, that show only people who find stuff like PewDiePie's Let's Plays funny, aka "tools") where he would encourage viewers to submit to him a video of you non-consensually tapping your girl's stomach.

And also why Daniel Tosh is an abhorrent piece of shit, to be listed when I get this novelty notebook "People I Want To Punch in the Face".
UUGGHH, Tosh.0 is an abhorrent shitstain on the ass of humanity. Of course, him being a waste of oxygen isn't the problem, of course not, it's the decent people who attack his FREEDOM OF SPEECHTM by saying he's not funny. I saw a video where he made fun of a a guy who tried to lift a heavy weight, dropped it on his head, and started going into convulsions. I'm sorry, but if a layman can reasonably assume that someone has a life-threatening injury from a thirty-second video clip, it's not funny to mock said someone. You're within your rights as a MURRICAN to mock him, but no one is persecuting you by pointing out how callus and unfunny you are.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5778 on: October 28, 2013, 10:48:23 pm »
Yeah, Uh... I find PDP funny occasionally and I'm pretty sure I'd crotch-punch Tosh.0 and whoever liked him.

Then again I'm not a PDP fanboy, just someone who doesn't give the hate bandwagon much thought.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #5779 on: October 28, 2013, 11:22:12 pm »
My ire with PewDiePie is mainly his usage of jokes focused on rape, and not only that, the screaming LIEK A GAWD DAMN, FACKING IDIET and shit like that. Not only that, even his normal voice is grating, and I know this because I had a friend watching his Let's Play on American McGee's Alice and wondering what that funny-sounding voice was. Oh yeah, and occasional usage of memes that have been run down to the fucking ground, like occasionally plopping the Troll Face on some enemies he consider really irritating.

Yeah, I really dislike PewDiePie for the same reason I swear anyone else who legitimately dislikes him does.

And now, one of the few Let's Plays that are precious to me and that I don't look lowly on.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5780 on: October 28, 2013, 11:32:24 pm »
He doesn't do rape jokes anymore.  As far as his voice goes... he's Swedish.  That's a Swedish accent you're hearing.  And that's honestly why I like him.

Though then again, I didn't actually hate or dislike Slippy in Star Fox 64.  I seem to have the freakish superpower of not having my ears bleed from listening to anyone with a voice higher pitched than Morgan Freeman.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5781 on: October 28, 2013, 11:52:23 pm »
I'm probably one of the few people on the internet who simply doesn't give a shit about PewDiePie. I don't find his videos even remotely funny, so I simply treat him like all the other shitty Let's Players on the internet and ignore his existence. Alien concept for some, I know, but that's what happens when you give a bunch of morons anonymity and the ability to broadcast whatever the fuck they want.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5782 on: October 28, 2013, 11:59:34 pm »
^ I'm okay with this train of thought.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5783 on: October 29, 2013, 12:01:42 am »
I barely know of his existence, to be honest. If he stopped the rape jokes, good. Unless he only did it to get people off his back, then, well. Nothing to be done, really. lmfao

I'm more upset at his fans than anything but he has no control over his fans so yeah.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5784 on: October 29, 2013, 12:19:25 am »
I barely know of his existence, to be honest. If he stopped the rape jokes, good. Unless he only did it to get people off his back, then, well. Nothing to be done, really. lmfao

From what we can see, that's not an unlikely scenario. The rape jokes ended mainly because so many people were attacking him over it, so it seems like it's less that he's decided to be a better human being and more that he wants people to stop yelling at him.

They were barely even "jokes". It's possible to make a joke that includes rape (as well as other taboo topics), but it has to be one hell of a good joke to avoid just being tasteless and offensive. PewDiePie's idea of a rape joke was to scream "AH'M RAPIN' YOU AH'M RAPIN' YOU" or say "Yer gonna get raped" at random moments. I think it was General Ironicus who described it as being similar to a pubescent child who just thinks that saying bad words is funny.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5785 on: October 29, 2013, 12:31:25 am »
All I really know is, whatever problems people have with PDP, the hatedom manages to be obsessive to the point of being at least three times as annoying as they allege PDP to be >_>

Which is why I generally disregard what they have to say.

As far as the rape jokes go, whatever conjecture you guys have is pretty much just conjecture.  The fact that people are analyzing his apology video that much makes me laugh.  Haters are more obsessed with him than his fans are.

And his fans are SCARILY obsessed (and easily much MUCH worse than PDP could possibly be)

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #5786 on: October 29, 2013, 12:52:46 am »
Honestly, all I know about the guy is that every time I watch one of Criken's videos, one of his fans seems to be accusing him of copying PDP. So all I can say is that his fans are annoying, nothing I know about the guy himself.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5787 on: October 29, 2013, 01:01:47 am »
When people tell me to calm down or to stop being mad when I'm clearly not mad or upset in the slightest it does a wonderful job actually making me mad.

Somehow people don't seem to grasp this, especially when I say with a complete straight face that I'm not mad.

I'm one of those people where if I'm mad then everyone will really know I'm mad. I make it no secret when I'm actually legitimately mad.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5788 on: October 29, 2013, 06:20:52 am »
Almost all of the webshows/Youtube channels I follow are doing some sort of Halloween themed nonsense. This holiday isn't even a thing in my country and it's almost as goddamn annoying as Christmas.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #5789 on: October 29, 2013, 06:29:06 am »
It's not even Halloween yet and people are already bitching about the, "War on Christmas."  Though at this point, i'm starting to feel there should be a war on it.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"