Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2066719 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5910 on: November 04, 2013, 05:58:44 am »
I just have three words.

American Football Fans.

Should be self-explanatory.

I saw that on Saturday as the store with packed with people stocking up for the FL/GA game.  One old lady asked me whether I was cheering for either the Bulldogs or Gators.  When I said I don't watch football, her eyes went wide, she covered her mouth, and then asked, "How can you live here (N FL) and NOT like football???"

When I answered, "It's not like it's a real sport like hockey," she literally grabbed the cross around her neck, gaped at me like I had just burned down a church, and cautiosly but quickly walked away.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5911 on: November 04, 2013, 09:23:19 am »
I'd tell football fans that I like to watch actual sports, like free diving, rock climbing, sky diving, surfing, etc., not wussy football. If you bring up Aussie Rules football or rugby, they'll just start a long (obviously defensive) argument. Or, if I realllly wanted to piss off a fan, I'd say I watch only golf and tennis, or yacht racing, lacrosse or polo for that elitist snob hate reaction. You can also do the one-up-manship thing by saying you only watch MMA and other full contact fighting. Make sure you leer with bloodlust in yer eye when ya tell 'em that. Arrrrrgh! Pissant panty waist football.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5912 on: November 04, 2013, 11:24:56 am »
Or be like me and enjoy watching a 50-something-year-old man go up to 200+ MPH around tracks of varying shapes and trickiness with 41 other cars.

;D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 11:26:29 am by SpaceProg »

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5913 on: November 04, 2013, 12:25:32 pm »
The smokers on campus need to stop being assholes. They walk down the main campus path between classes (when it's the most crowded) and blow smoke in everyone else's faces. Real considerate. Don't mind me, I'm just choking over here.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5914 on: November 04, 2013, 01:04:12 pm »
I just have three words.

American Football Fans.

I saw that on Saturday as the store with packed with people stocking up for the FL/GA game.  One old lady asked me whether I was cheering for either the Bulldogs or Gators.  When I said I don't watch football, her eyes went wide, she covered her mouth, and then asked, "How can you live here (N FL) and NOT like football???"

When I answered, "It's not like it's a real sport like hockey," she literally grabbed the cross around her neck, gaped at me like I had just burned down a church, and cautiosly but quickly walked away.

Wow... that's melodramatic even for... no wait, that's perfectly melodramatic for American Football Fans.

Also, I really hate having to type out "American Football", but I don't want to disgrace real football by omitting the "American" part.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5915 on: November 04, 2013, 01:08:19 pm »
I just have three words.

American Football Fans.

*puts head down and quietly slinks away*

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5916 on: November 04, 2013, 02:40:49 pm »
I just have three words.

American Football Fans.

*puts head down and quietly slinks away*

Present company excepted.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #5917 on: November 04, 2013, 03:10:25 pm »
Yay! I'm not one of those crazy die-hard fans anyways. I know when to tone it down.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5918 on: November 04, 2013, 03:23:40 pm »
American Football? You mean rugby for wimps?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5919 on: November 04, 2013, 08:36:27 pm »
So my high school fixed the air conditioning which would be good if it weren't fucking November and cold outside so now the place is fucking freezing and I am miserable all the damn time!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #5920 on: November 05, 2013, 12:21:17 am »
My little sister has decided that being a mom gives her the right to be a dictatorial bitch. She had another 'meltdown' a couple days ago because I wasn't helping her enough with the housework. For the record, I was doing math homework, and after I finished that I cleaned the cat box, mopped, vacuumed, made dinner and cleaned the kitchen, fed all the pets, then did my laundry. It's a small house, so that's like half of the housework. Having finished my allotted share of housework for the day I derped around the internet. What were her chores that day? Cleaning the bathroom (a fifteen minute job) and baby care, assisted by mom and our older sister. She started a ten minute tirade with "Oh my God! Maybe you don't know this but when they say having a baby changes everything they mean it!" and ended with "You never do anything around here!"

To which I wish I could have responded that I am not responsible for her pregnancy and only responsible for the baby when nobody else is available, and that she had no right to lecture the girl who always got in trouble when her sister was a lying, thieving delinquent for the past six years for 'not stopping her' or 'not helping her through a tough time' (Is that my job? No, and if I did try to get her to behave I got in trouble for upsetting or stifling her. Seriously.) about responsibility because I'd already had to deal with the consequences of her actions for the past several years, and the only thing having a baby changed is that now the only reaction I can have to her weekly 'nervous breakdowns' is stony silence, because saying anything will get me yelled at even more for being 'unsupportive'. Yes, I'm so unsupportive I drove her to her ultrasounds and continue to drive her to the pediatrician. I'm so unsupportive I helped her with the WIC paperwork, which again should have been mom/stepdad's job.

People wonder why I go out of my way to not interact with her. She does this when people don't do what she wants, even before she got pregnant. But if I point it out, I'm the bitch? Even if I point out the times she's done it to other family, friends, etc? I don't need to be ranted at like I'm in boot camp on a weekly basis just because I won't do her chores.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5921 on: November 05, 2013, 01:34:05 am »
People that buy some of the larger species of birds without thinking about their situations.

They get rehomed so much. I'm looking at this parrot rescue centre adoption page. Half of these are cockatoos. People dont think about their long lifespan, noise and massive psychological needs to be healthy
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #5922 on: November 05, 2013, 04:07:31 am »
Jesus christ, mum, haven't I told you that the wall between my and your room is paper thin? Meaning I can hear EVERYTHING going on during your and Darren's sexy times? I mean for god's sake.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5923 on: November 05, 2013, 04:11:03 am »
Get some powerful speakers, then blast this through the walls at full volume whenever unsilenced hijinks ensue.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5924 on: November 05, 2013, 05:34:36 am »
Jesus christ, mum, haven't I told you that the wall between my and your room is paper thin? Meaning I can hear EVERYTHING going on during your and Darren's sexy times? I mean for god's sake.

There's a way to solve that problem.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2013, 05:36:18 am by Random Guy »