Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2066752 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6045 on: November 16, 2013, 10:20:02 pm »
I have nothing against vegans/vegetarians in general, but I get annoyed by the ones who call meat-eaters "murderers", claim that humans are actually herbivorous and that any animal product was produced by the cruelest methods possible...even when such methods could actually be less efficient than more humane methods.
And I'm especially pissed of by the idea that meat-eaters are basically Human Nazis oppressing Animal Jews.
This type of vegan/vegetarian seems to be highly inclined to appealing to emotion and ignoring scientific facts. Okay, sure, I don't mind if you have a moral objection, and again, I have nothing against vegans/vegetarians in general...but for god's sake, do you have to be a fundie about it?

I also adore it when they ignore the fact that their non-animal products are gathered by the equivalent of slave labor.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6046 on: November 16, 2013, 11:40:40 pm »
I've been on a wallpaper-collecting kick lately.  Changing out my old desktops for fresh new ones.   4walled.cc has a lot of good stuff, but in order to get the best out of the searches, I have to wade through gobs of tits and ass and ass and tits and tittyasses and assytits.  I mean, I know a lot of people like that kinda thing, and that's cool, but... I'm more of a soothing, calming, fantasy, space, animals, surrealist, landscapey type person.  The site has a tagging system for a reason, but most folks don't even bother tagging the pictures subject matter or even if they're SFW or not.  If I just used the SFW filter, I lose out on lots of potential good stuff... if I set the ALL filter, I get everything, Tittyasscrapassytits and all.   

So far I've tagged all the un-tagged stuff I've liked and downloaded.   

Meh... just thought I'd post an annoyance. 

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6047 on: November 16, 2013, 11:44:38 pm »
I have nothing against vegans/vegetarians in general, but I get annoyed by the ones who call meat-eaters "murderers", claim that humans are actually herbivorous and that any animal product was produced by the cruelest methods possible...even when such methods could actually be less efficient than more humane methods.
And I'm especially pissed of by the idea that meat-eaters are basically Human Nazis oppressing Animal Jews.
This type of vegan/vegetarian seems to be highly inclined to appealing to emotion and ignoring scientific facts. Okay, sure, I don't mind if you have a moral objection, and again, I have nothing against vegans/vegetarians in general...but for god's sake, do you have to be a fundie about it?

I also adore it when they ignore the fact that their non-animal products are gathered by the equivalent of slave labor.
"But that's HUMAN slave labour so it's perfectly ok as long as no animals are harmed."-says the vegan
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6048 on: November 17, 2013, 04:06:33 pm »
Oh yeah, I just really love having a sudden and intense mood swing in the middle of the night, making me simultaneously feel intense sadness and intense anger towards everyone and everything in the world, including-- no, especially myself.

I also really love the fact that it was triggered by absolutely nothing at all, as far as I can tell.  Happy one moment, deep depression and self-loathing the next.  Yep,  ABSOLUTELY FUN.

I also love how I read the forums today and find someone decided to take on an insulting tone of text towards something I said for no real good reason.  Yeah, I love being emotionally vulnerable and crabby right now, and having someone I actually really respect suddenly decide to antagonize me for no fucking good.

I should probably just stay off the forums today, but this is my only fucking social life.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6049 on: November 17, 2013, 05:03:22 pm »
I CAN STILL FIND THIS FUCKING PAGE!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6050 on: November 17, 2013, 05:07:28 pm »
I CAN STILL FIND THIS FUCKING PAGE!

So, seriously, what.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #6051 on: November 17, 2013, 07:41:13 pm »
We're on page 404.

Ironbite-THINK ABOUT IT SHEEPLE!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6052 on: November 17, 2013, 07:49:04 pm »
We're on page 404.

Only for people who use the same number of posts per page as you.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6053 on: November 17, 2013, 08:20:11 pm »
I injured my knee in a skiing accident when I was twelve or so and it makes standing for long periods of time extremely painful. It's all swollen and I can't bend or straighten it all the way. According to my mom (who was not invited to this conversation), if I take painkillers or ask for a different assignment I'll get fired right before the holiday rush.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6054 on: November 17, 2013, 08:48:38 pm »
We're on page 404.

Oh, now I get the joke... sharp as pillows we are...

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #6055 on: November 17, 2013, 11:41:30 pm »
I mistakenly folded up all my dirty clothes and sorted them back into my closet.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6056 on: November 18, 2013, 12:03:55 am »
Mum has a new rule, that if i was to move it, it cannot under any circumstances be beneficial to me, because it implies that it was on my terms and not hers.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #6057 on: November 18, 2013, 02:47:47 am »
I injured my knee in a skiing accident when I was twelve or so and it makes standing for long periods of time extremely painful. It's all swollen and I can't bend or straighten it all the way. According to my mom (who was not invited to this conversation), if I take painkillers or ask for a different assignment I'll get fired right before the holiday rush.

Your mom is insane and has no clue how the real world works.

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #6058 on: November 18, 2013, 07:33:17 am »
It's ant season where I live, which means the whole back yard is a bloody minefield of the little buggers.

At...at least it ain't spider season. Finding spiders the SIZE OF MY HEAD on my pillow makes for fun times.
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6059 on: November 18, 2013, 08:34:16 am »
Oh yeah, I've been meaning to ask you Ozzies:  Do you all still have a bad fire ant problem down there, or are you beating them back somehow?  If you are, please tell us your secret.  Every year when it gets warm it seems more and more mounds pop up around my house, and while I dust the mounds, the neighbors never seem to give a shit, and their ants eventually expand their territories to here and here we go all over again.

Now I know why their scientific name contains the word "Invictus".  Unconquered indeed...
« Last Edit: November 18, 2013, 08:36:15 am by SpaceProg »