Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065372 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6180 on: December 03, 2013, 07:47:52 pm »
McDonalds seems to have gotten far more expensive and far less filling over the last couple of years. Used to be I could buy a large meal for just under $7 and that'd fill me right up. Now, the same meal costs almost $10 and leaves me still very hungry. This makes me very sad.

The filling may just be you growing as well, or your penchant for meals of epic proportions stretching your stomach.

I'm 22, so the days of my stomach growing are most certainly behind me.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6181 on: December 03, 2013, 09:01:12 pm »
McDonalds seems to have gotten far more expensive and far less filling over the last couple of years. Used to be I could buy a large meal for just under $7 and that'd fill me right up. Now, the same meal costs almost $10 and leaves me still very hungry. This makes me very sad.

This is why I go to hungry jacks.

Or If I can, lord of the fries. Fuck me i LOVE lord of the fries
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #6182 on: December 03, 2013, 10:43:06 pm »
A pro-Palestine blog I follow on Tumblr has been stalked and doxxed and rabid pro-Zionists. I am worried he will close down or something if he gets threatened.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6183 on: December 03, 2013, 10:46:27 pm »
My Goldie Yellacat's (big orange tabby that's lovey to me) mad at me.  Even after washing up she still smells Sheba's pee on me and thinks I've been untrue... It's not what it looks like, Goldie!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6184 on: December 03, 2013, 11:38:43 pm »
A pro-Palestine blog I follow on Tumblr has been stalked and doxxed and rabid pro-Zionists. I am worried he will close down or something if he gets threatened.

Is Tumblr totally shite when it comes to responding to harassment complaints? If he's US based, any threats can be reported to the Feds, and I think that doxxing him is a federal code violation, too, as it is now.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #6185 on: December 03, 2013, 11:51:56 pm »

Is Tumblr totally shite when it comes to responding to harassment complaints? If he's US based, any threats can be reported to the Feds, and I think that doxxing him is a federal code violation, too, as it is now.

Tumblr is terrible when it comes to harassment complaints, even when the harassers are on Tumblr. In this case the harassers are on an American blogspot site, so I don't think anything can be done even though he is American as well.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 12:09:55 am by Osama bin Bambi »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #6186 on: December 04, 2013, 02:53:34 am »

If Dumblr actually gave a damn about harassment, most vapid members would have been booted ages ago. The most you could do is block people, which doesn't work if said person is anonymous. You could turn off anonymous but they'd still be able to get to you.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6187 on: December 04, 2013, 01:49:53 pm »
i've seen people make dummy accounts just to get around the fact someone doesn't have anon enabled.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6188 on: December 04, 2013, 02:43:23 pm »
My boss and co-workers insist on having one particular radio station playing. It only plays finnish pop-music.

I can listen to pop-music, but the current playlist is depressing. Here, let me highlight some of the themes in the songs:

-A woman singing about how "other women might put up with your kind" but that she deserves someone better.

-A guy singing about how his girlfriend left him because he wasn't good enough for her and how he is now miserable.

-Two guys singing about how their girlfriends left them because they weren't good enough for them.

-"I want a modest funeral for myself, nothing fancy."

-"I am secretly following you everywhere and watching you sleep at nights, but this is not creepy because I am a ghost. ...Also, you are a bird."

Sad songs are very Finnish, I think it has something to do with the slavic melancholy that has entered our national psyche centuries ago, my issue is that most of those songs are just BAD. There are some decent one's like the christmas song from Leevi and the Leavings which goes "we wish you a miserable, grim, cold, dark and very unhappy christmas." Now that is a good song, sad enough to bring out tears in me but at least it is a good kind of sad. It's also about how the modern commercial christmas has taken over the holiday and people have forgotten the traditional christian meaning of christmas. (Yeah, yeah, there was the pagan meaning of chrismas as well before that but by now it IS an old christian tradition as well.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #6189 on: December 04, 2013, 05:48:40 pm »
It would be super awesome if this blizzard would piss right on off.

I know. It's been nasty, cold, and snowy here too.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #6190 on: December 04, 2013, 06:40:10 pm »
Today I had the fortune to experience what it's like to slog through snow after the bus you're on gets hit by a car.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6191 on: December 04, 2013, 08:19:13 pm »
I'd really love it if my younger siblings would stop giving me shit for (OMG OMG OMG) smoking one cigarette per day. I mean, I expect it from my parents, but I don't need the "you're going to get cancer and die and it will be all your fault" lecture from a thirteen year old.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #6192 on: December 04, 2013, 09:16:40 pm »
In my experience, preteens are the worst for nagging smokers.

Ex-smokers come in a close second, though.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #6193 on: December 04, 2013, 09:41:38 pm »
One thing I learned very early on as a kid.

Never nag a smoker, ever.  Just... don't.

Still resent my Dad for smoking in the car with me in it with back windows that don't roll down.  And then scolding me for trying desperately to get fresh air.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6194 on: December 04, 2013, 10:18:16 pm »
I'm gonna break tradition and say it, Dodongo, just quit. Okay, a lot of people start smoking one cigarette a day and it is addictive. A lot of people in my family smoke and (aside from it being a disgusting habit) it's not an easy habit to kick. Seriously, just quit now before you're addicted and while it's only one a day. Besides, as Prog said in the confessions thread, it's fucking expensive. You're too smart to smoke, so just quit playing with fire before you get burned.

I half want to tell you to just pick up pot because it's healthier for you. But, well, I can't tell you to do that either, so just avoid smoking anything.