Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065733 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #6450 on: December 28, 2013, 06:34:24 pm »
As everyone else says, unless you took a trip to the station without telling us you ain't got nothing on your record, kiddo. It isn't like if you misbehaved in school and it's on your permanent record. It doesn't work like that in the real world.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6451 on: December 28, 2013, 06:38:17 pm »
Of course, if he tries to get you charged, then he's likely fucked, because he prolly has great fuck all for evidence.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6452 on: December 28, 2013, 06:56:02 pm »
It's common for bad managers to steal, then set up a newbie to take the blame, whether they report to the cops or not. As a manager, corporate and the cops would take him at his word in these kinds of scenarios. He himself would get caught eventually if he was just cookin' the books without a patsy. So, he's pocketed $175 bucks, made a company loss report, and "solved" the problem by firing you. He's scum, but you already knew that.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6453 on: December 28, 2013, 07:00:06 pm »
Though imagine if you could get a criminal record based solely on an accusation from a private company without so much as a passing glance from the police or courts? Just need some robots running around or perhaps some flying cars and you'd have a pretty standard cyberpunk dystopia.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6454 on: December 28, 2013, 07:05:38 pm »
I got bitten by a redback while under the house and my body wants to kill me

Eeesh... Yeah... Widow spiders more than likely won't kill a healthy adult, but boy, will it ruin several days of their life.   Sorry that happened, mate.  Drink lots of fluids if you can.  Try to flush the venom from your blood as quickly as you're able.  Until then... sit tight and pamper yourself.

Note: I say this as a person who has to pay out the nose for any medical treatment.  If I lived in Oz, and it hurt really bad,  I'd go to the ER and maybe get something to counteract the venom making your days easier.

I had to go to the doctors. Been stress vomiting for the past few days for other reasons which left me quite fucked over and weak
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6455 on: December 28, 2013, 07:24:35 pm »
Well, it's good you got seen to.  Feeling any better now?  I don't expect you do too much, as I've been bitten by a Widow before (but I couldn't afford a doctor bill) but, eventually things get better.

That stress vomiting though, Hof... anything you'd like to get off your chest?  If you'd prefer to keep mum, that's okay, but sometimes venting/talking about what's stressing you helps.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 07:27:46 pm by The Doctor »

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #6456 on: December 28, 2013, 08:03:08 pm »
Of course, if he tries to get you charged, then he's likely fucked, because he prolly has great fuck all for evidence.

One of the ways to figure out who really took the money would be cameras, if there are any. All you gotta do is get a warrant for 'em and then the truth pops out.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #6457 on: December 28, 2013, 08:26:01 pm »
Well, it's good you got seen to.  Feeling any better now?  I don't expect you do too much, as I've been bitten by a Widow before (but I couldn't afford a doctor bill) but, eventually things get better.

That stress vomiting though, Hof... anything you'd like to get off your chest?  If you'd prefer to keep mum, that's okay, but sometimes venting/talking about what's stressing you helps.

My computer was a gift from my boyfriend a year ago. Thing is, he installed a pirated windows on it. And its recently recognised its not genuine. So it takes a random number of force reboots to get to desktop. Could be 5 could be 15.

Stupid to get upset over but its the first proper gift he gave me and its pretty much the nicest thing anyone has done for me
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6458 on: December 28, 2013, 08:40:30 pm »
I can see how it can get pretty annoying and tedious.   I got a virus once that would cause my computer to restart at random times.  Oh was I happy to have found that little bastard and nuked it.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6459 on: December 28, 2013, 08:42:18 pm »
Update/clarification: I was charged with misdemeanor theft by the manager's Friend on the Force (who seemed to be a Brennan-level shitlord from the ten minutes or so I talked to him), the manager has great fuck all for evidence (that I saw, anyway), the legal battle happens in February, and I'm out on my ass if I can't find a new job in three months/whenever it gets warm depending on which happens first. Considering most places are dumping their seasonal workers I'm looking at the very real possibility of spending some chilly spring nights on a park bench/fire escape/dark corner/wherever I feel safest. Yes, yes, there are shelters, but the ones I've heard about are NOT good places for a trans* person to turn his/her/xir back.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6460 on: December 28, 2013, 08:56:38 pm »
Damn, that discouraging as all hell.  Funny how the cop happened to be a friend of your manager's too, eh?  *Rolls eyes*  Typical, really.  Gotta love it...

Well, you still have the court date, and if Manager Minge doesn't have adequate evidence...

So your parents won't give you shelter at all, period if you can't find work before three months/warmer weather comes?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6461 on: December 28, 2013, 09:35:38 pm »
Nope. My dad even spelled out how many times I'd be able to show up uninvited (once) before he'd shoot me for trespassing. (Guess whose side they took?) I don't want to go to my brother because he's got his own shit, and I don't really have any friends close enough (geographically and emotionally) to stay with them. If I believed in the type of deity(s) who gave signs and signals in the form of life events, I'd take this as a sign to get the hell out of Dodge and stay away for a good long while. Right now, any money that's not going into my gas tank is going towards a plane ticket to anywhere else.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6462 on: December 28, 2013, 09:41:31 pm »
Well... whatever you decide to do, I hope it works out for the best.  Think carefully about each option that arises.

*Hugs*

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #6463 on: December 29, 2013, 10:22:18 am »
I did a cruise over Christmas. This was nice, but high winds forced us to cancel our last stop, so we spent three full days at sea. The problem is that since returning to dry land, I've been a little dizzy, as I now expect to feel the movement of the boat under my feet.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #6464 on: December 29, 2013, 04:43:57 pm »
Arr, ye need yer land legs back.  Disembarkation Syndrome be a bane to many landlubbers.  T'will fix itself, ifn' yer brain and semicircular canals be sure and sturdy.

... Did I really type that?   :p