Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2067738 times)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8235 on: November 06, 2014, 02:29:36 pm »
I almost hit a deer with my car.

That happened to me a year or two ago. The deer ran out of the grass really fast and when I slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting it it noticed my car at the last minute and tripped over its own feet.

On the other hand, I have actually run over two animals in the past (a lark sparrow and a prairie dog, and yes I still feel bad about it)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8236 on: November 06, 2014, 03:38:11 pm »
I had a deer race with me down the side of the road.  It was harrowing trying to keep an eye on the deer out the passenger's side window and the road in front of me.
I expected it to take a notion and jump across the front where I'd hit it, but instead it stopped short and went leisurely across the road behind me after its little race.

Whew...

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #8237 on: November 06, 2014, 03:43:56 pm »
The worst ones have to be those squirrels that freak out and can't decide which direction to run.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8238 on: November 06, 2014, 04:59:16 pm »
Yes!  They expect you to dance with them or something.  Little rodent do-si-do-ing with a 2000+ lb. vehicle.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 03:26:39 am by SpaceProg »

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #8239 on: November 07, 2014, 01:13:40 am »
How's this for weird:

I've always had a hard time sleeping.  My mind starts to wander and then I just lay in bed for hours thinking.  I've found that television can help, but only if I can find something that strikes a perfect balance.  It has to be interesting enough to hold my attention, but not so interesting as to be stimulating.  For the past year, my go to thing has been Investigation Discovery shows on Netflix.  I would put on Wicked Attraction or Cold Case or whatever, curl up with my gigantic cat, and watch until I dozed off.  For some reason, the theme music at the end of the episode always woke me up, and then I could go to bed and actually get some real sleep.

Netflix just took down all of the Investigation Discovery shows except for one, and it's not doing it for me.  I can't sleep.  I have to be up for work in less than four hours, and I'm not even almost tired.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8240 on: November 07, 2014, 02:03:19 pm »
Would this help? Not an ideal replacement, since adverts and promos are mixed in...

http://www.investigationdiscovery.com/videos
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #8241 on: November 07, 2014, 04:58:30 pm »
That's perfect!  Thank you!

I tried going to their website, but I apparently ended up at the wrong one, because all I could find were short video updates.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8242 on: November 08, 2014, 02:32:09 pm »
Can I stop having Walmart's mix track of pop songs running through my head now?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8243 on: November 08, 2014, 05:14:27 pm »
Whew... you're bringing back memories of my slavehood at WallyWorld, Zach. 

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8244 on: November 08, 2014, 09:20:37 pm »
Whew... you're bringing back memories of my slavehood at WallyWorld, Zach. 

My deepest apologies for that :/
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #8245 on: November 08, 2014, 09:23:49 pm »
Doesn't help that they seem to pick the worst of the worst of all pop music from the 90s to the present day. Oh yeah, they don't shut that off overnight...

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8246 on: November 08, 2014, 09:42:04 pm »
Some of it's actually pretty good.

But it's the bad stuff sticking to my brain.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8247 on: November 08, 2014, 09:46:00 pm »
I worked as an overnight GM stocker.  It's true there were some good songs, but I swear they repeat the same songs every day.  I think they just had like... 20 songs or something on shuffle.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #8248 on: November 10, 2014, 11:19:45 pm »

Florida has more toll booths in shorter intervals than I've ever seen. Christ, I think I had to pay by mail for one.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #8249 on: November 11, 2014, 12:36:26 am »
Romance Subplots, 90% of the time. I think too many of them are forced and rarely is it engaging. Much of the time they're always heterosexual and whenever there is a homosexual relationship in media they're seen as jokes.

And you're hearing this from "shipping trash." Perhaps the reason why I'm into non-canon is because as I've said I'm indifferent of most canon relationships in fiction.

(I blame Ultimate Paragon for bringing this up to my head again because of something in Billy Madison, and may I never see another Adam Sandler film in my life, please.)