Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065776 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8295 on: November 27, 2014, 04:17:24 pm »
"Stop taking my quotes out of context to justify your "post racial" and "colorblind" bullshit you stupid, racist, fucks!"
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Reminds me of something I heard while visiting Monticello (Thomas Jefferson's home for those who don't know, and I'm paraphrasing) regarding various Founding Father quotes used to justify different political agendas:

"The Bible is the source of America's liberty." -Thomas Jefferson (Thomas Jefferson never said that)

"I have seen nothing in Scripture that cannot be explained as superstition." -Thomas Jefferson (Thomas Jefferson never said that)

"Don't believe everything quote you see on the Internet; most of them are just made up." -Abraham Lincoln
I was referring to people who simplify his ideology to "Be completely silent about any injustices."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8296 on: November 28, 2014, 03:30:45 pm »
I was already annoyed by USA managing to export Halloween abroad.

I was miffed when people started eating turkey on christmas (That is not a traditional christmas meal and I will stab anyone who claims otherwise!)

But today I saw "black friday" sales in Finland.

...WE DON'T EVEN CELEBRATE THANKSGIVING OR ANYTHING LIKE IT! Why the hell are you trying to bring black friday to Finland?!

So far it appears that only companies from USA like Toys are us is trying to get it going but if it is successful I consider it to a Casus Belli...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8297 on: November 28, 2014, 04:58:43 pm »
.....TOYS R' US YOU FINISH PLEBIAN!

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8298 on: November 28, 2014, 05:08:41 pm »
...WE DON'T EVEN CELEBRATE THANKSGIVING OR ANYTHING LIKE IT! Why the hell are you trying to bring black friday to Finland?!

Because they like making money?

.....TOYS R' US YOU FINISH PLEBIAN!

"Finnish plebeian", you American something something.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 05:10:51 pm by Sigmaleph »
Σא

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #8299 on: November 28, 2014, 05:24:01 pm »
Seconding the Black Friday thing. Our Thanksgiving was last month ffs. We really don't need a Scary Shopping Day.

On another note: hashtag campaigns, also forum threads and news articles about hashtag campaigns, especially if said news articles and forum threads themselves start with a hashtag. Nothing against the tags themselves, but when I see them heading a news article or forum thread I cringe a bit.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8300 on: November 28, 2014, 05:34:01 pm »
I was already annoyed by USA managing to export Halloween abroad.

I was miffed when people started eating turkey on christmas (That is not a traditional christmas meal and I will stab anyone who claims otherwise!)

But today I saw "black friday" sales in Finland.

So far it appears that only companies from USA like Toys are us is trying to get it going but if it is successful I consider it to a Casus Belli...

Maybe it'll eventually make Simo Häyhä angry enough to come back from the dead.   ;D

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8301 on: November 28, 2014, 05:43:22 pm »
People who don't respond to me.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8302 on: November 29, 2014, 12:05:29 am »
People who don't respond to me.

Guess I'm not annoying then. ;)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8303 on: November 29, 2014, 12:33:07 am »
The fact that the media isn't reporting any if the fuckton of cases of excessive violence against protestors.

Also the fact that people are already losing interest.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2014, 02:34:14 am by I am lizard »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #8304 on: November 29, 2014, 07:02:46 am »
The fact that the media isn't reporting any if the fuckton of cases of excessive violence against protestors.

Also the fact that people are already losing interest.
In a related note, the media hyper-focusing on scumbags who take advantage of the protests to start shit - and the possibility that the troublemakers were planted there to vilify or discredit the rest of the crowd.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8305 on: November 29, 2014, 08:21:36 am »
Hell, I'm American, and I'm sick of the Black Friday bullshit.  Its all a giant scam, anyway, you aren't saving shit and in many cases, you're actually spending more than if you were to buy it a week or two either way of Black Friday.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #8306 on: November 29, 2014, 08:34:58 am »
Hell, I'm American, and I'm sick of the Black Friday bullshit.  Its all a giant scam, anyway, you aren't saving shit and in many cases, you're actually spending more than if you were to buy it a week or two either way of Black Friday.

Eh, I saved some money. Got 2 M:tG Fat Packs for $50, when they're normally $36-40 apiece.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8307 on: December 02, 2014, 04:05:31 am »
* So my cousins have shown themselves to spank and harshly discipline my niece. This really draws my ire - I always see these justifications for doing such to a child, and I can stand none of them. I was honestly prepared to intervene on my niece's behalf. Given how scared my niece was, I am of a mind to teach my niece how to fight back when such "discipline" is employed.
* as a whole, I am utterly annoyed by people who excuse their behaviour by having a "holy" or "naturally just" motivation behind it, as if that clears them of what they're doing.
* My sister insists on blaring loud music everywhere, and her attention span while its on is like that of a gnat.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8308 on: December 02, 2014, 04:46:17 am »
The pain in my neck is really starting to be a pain in the neck.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8309 on: December 02, 2014, 11:08:07 pm »
I boot up my computer today, and it would seem that it's completely forgotten that wireless internet is a thing. The light that indicates the wireless adapter is on is on, but all functionality related to wi-fi has mysteriously vanished. How the fucking Christ does that even happen?! Did Microsoft really fuck up that badly with their last update or is my laptop just giving up on life?