Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2068757 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8595 on: February 23, 2015, 11:13:11 pm »
Good news: I can start my computer again!

Bad news: I now require a steak knife to do it.

I've been using coins for the past several years. Too lazy to get a soft power switch.

I don't trust myself, so I use something with an insulated handle.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8596 on: February 23, 2015, 11:53:50 pm »
Good news: I can start my computer again!

Bad news: I now require a steak knife to do it.

I've been using coins for the past several years. Too lazy to get a soft power switch.

I don't trust myself, so I use something with an insulated handle.

5 volts and the typical current across the jumper for the switch sensor isn't going to hurt you*.

* This would be a legitimate concern with the "it's now safe to turn off your computer" AT-style motherboards where the power supply had 120/240 volts going through the power switch, but if you have a computer newer than ~20 years old it doesn't do that.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Eiki-mun

• The Beast
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #8597 on: February 24, 2015, 01:36:41 am »
I'm not concerned about hurting /me/. I'm concerned about hurting the computer.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8598 on: February 27, 2015, 10:44:37 am »
Sooooooo, I've been building a ReactorCraft fission reactor in my Minecraft LP, using a design I took straight from the author of the mod himself, and the reactor blew right the fuck up, flooded my whole house with radiation, and forced me to restore from backup.  According to him, fission hasn't changed at all between the time he posted the design and today, so the only possible culprit I can find would be the neutron irradiation chambers not having deuterium in them somehow leading to the reactor overheating and causing a meltdown.

That said, I'm surprised how little physical damage there actually was.  IC2 reactors destroy, like, 4 chunks.  This thing put a bit of a dent in my floor...though, it killed almost all of my crops.  Also, HA, I just realized I'd inadvertently made a Chernobyl.  Radiation is a bitch.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 10:46:26 am by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8599 on: February 27, 2015, 03:34:01 pm »
Well, that is what that kind of disaster is known for.  Doing very little damage to structures, but killing the hell out of living things.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8600 on: February 27, 2015, 04:11:58 pm »
Using the word "literally" to emphasize something.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8601 on: February 27, 2015, 05:30:41 pm »
Well, that is what that kind of disaster is known for.  Doing very little damage to structures, but killing the hell out of living things.

I know!  I'm more surprised than anything.  I'm so used to generator explosions being nothing but massive amounts of collateral damage, not making my base totally uninhabitable.  Its actually kinda refreshing, lol.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8602 on: February 27, 2015, 07:51:21 pm »
The culture online where people will try and find "logical fallacies" in other people's arguments.
If you exaggerate another persons arguments to make fun of them they call strawman.

If you insult a person or a movement a person belongs to they call Ad Hominen.

Seriously, it's stupid.

Offline Eiki-mun

• The Beast
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #8603 on: February 27, 2015, 09:58:24 pm »
Using the word "literally" to emphasize something.

I know, right? I can't stand it either. It's literally the most annoying damn thing in the world!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8604 on: February 27, 2015, 11:43:43 pm »

I know!  I'm more surprised than anything.  I'm so used to generator explosions being nothing but massive amounts of collateral damage, not making my base totally uninhabitable.  Its actually kinda refreshing, lol.

Maybe when the half-life is reached, your settlement will rise from the ashes anew and maybe not too horribly deformed.  Maybe the odd 20-legged sheep or pig...

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8605 on: February 28, 2015, 10:27:14 am »

Maybe when the half-life is reached, your settlement will rise from the ashes anew and maybe not too horribly deformed.  Maybe the odd 20-legged sheep or pig...

Alas, that's not an option since my base relies heavily on agriculture.  Thankfully, I had a pretty recent backup, so I just restored from that.  I shall master fission, damn it!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #8606 on: February 28, 2015, 12:42:23 pm »
Apparently one of my ribs popped out of place and now the spot where the chiropractor put it back hurts like a bitch.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8607 on: February 28, 2015, 02:22:48 pm »
Apparently one of my ribs popped out of place and now the spot where the chiropractor put it back hurts like a bitch.

Ribs are usually self-splinting, as they're connected to each other by tough tissue.  If it doesn't feel any better soon, I have to suggest you go to a orthopedist.

I'm trying not to be biased, as I'm not a big fan of chiropractic therapy in general, but it's hard sometimes.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8608 on: February 28, 2015, 04:26:06 pm »

Ouchies.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8609 on: February 28, 2015, 11:19:36 pm »

Ribs are usually self-splinting, as they're connected to each other by tough tissue.  If it doesn't feel any better soon, I have to suggest you go to a orthopedist.

I'm trying not to be biased, as I'm not a big fan of chiropractic therapy in general, but it's hard sometimes.

Between that and the chronic rash....is there a better type or alternative to your current binder? Seriously, you're getting symptoms a lot like Victorian era women got from their corsets. There's got to be something better of material that "breathes" and doesn't over-tighten when you're bending and moving around in general.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.