Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065742 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8715 on: March 31, 2015, 09:51:30 am »
I cut myself shaving.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8716 on: March 31, 2015, 11:49:45 am »
Fucking Pinterest, I just want to look at artwork, I don't need an account.  I can't draw for shit, I don't take photos, and I'm not gonna repost everyone else's art.

Yes! This^3
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8717 on: April 01, 2015, 01:24:53 am »
April fools day is annoying. I fully support John Oliver's pledge to not make pranks since it is just childish. Particularly I hate that news agencies are taking part in making pranks as well.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8718 on: April 01, 2015, 03:39:13 am »
For a guy like me, April Fools will be the unquestionably funnest day of the year. I've got delicious plans in the works. For everyone.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8719 on: April 01, 2015, 10:49:13 am »
Oh YouTube why must you hate me with your inability to upload my stuff in a timely manor.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8720 on: April 01, 2015, 02:54:08 pm »
Oh YouTube why must you hate me with your inability to upload my stuff in a timely manor.

Can't say I've ever been to Timely Manor.   ;D

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8721 on: April 01, 2015, 04:15:01 pm »
April Fool's on me; I gotta speak tonight in front of 60 mostly elderly neighbors for an annual condo association meeting. It's not so much the public speaking thing, but the content. I have to explain why the Board wants to install pan-tilt-zoom HD security cameras, monitored over the 'net by a company 200 miles away. A lot of association members want to continue paying 5 thousand bucks more a year so that the two equally old, clueless (and half blind) security guards will ring their doorbells when they forget to close their garage doors. So, I get to tell them, as a Board officer, that this is not our problem to solve for them - especially when it equals five fucking grand extra a year - and explain what a time delayed garage door controller is. Sigh. I should probably spike my cola can with rum. Or, just dump the cola and fill 'er up.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8722 on: April 01, 2015, 04:29:37 pm »
I have to explain why the Board wants to install pan-tilt-zoom HD security cameras, monitored over the 'net by a company 200 miles away.

That sounds like a great datamining opportunity for the NSA or any corporate entity that sells tracking information to third parties.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8723 on: April 03, 2015, 08:03:04 pm »
Computer keeps shutting down while I play Skyrim and I can't figure out why. It doesn't look like overheating and no bug fix I've found on the internet works.
Σא

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #8724 on: April 04, 2015, 10:14:13 pm »
Those who try to rig the Hugo Awards for ideological reasons are giving me good motivation to support bring back the stocks.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 10:17:28 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #8725 on: April 05, 2015, 12:55:04 am »
The computer that I bought two days ago kept blue-screening right out of the box. Fortunately, I was able to exchange it for a new one at no charge, but it was still really annoying.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8726 on: April 05, 2015, 05:13:51 pm »
People taking quotes out of context in an effort to back up and/or justify their bullshit.  For example:

"Documentary filmmaking has to move away from pure fact-based movies because facts per se do not constitute truth” - Werner Herzog

Yeah, that quote was taken out of context.  What Herzog really said was:

"I believe that documentary filmmaking - and I’m one of the great advocates - has to move away from the pure, fact-based movies, because facts, per se, do not constitute truth. Otherwise the Manhattan phone directory would be the book of books; four million entries, every single one factually correct. Mr. Jonathan Smith - his address and telephone number can be verified correct. But whether he has nightmares or whether he cries into his pillow each night, we do not know. And that’s where filmmaking has to move."

In other words, Herzog was saying "There may be a higher truth that mere facts alone do not allude to, though this higher truth would not contradict established facts".  This idiot, on the other hand, is taking him out of context to make him look like he's saying "Facts and truth are separate and at times conflicting".

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #8727 on: April 06, 2015, 12:56:24 am »
I've had a migraine for two days which includes severe and rapidly alternating emotional symptoms.  I've gone from being so sad that I can't move to so hyper that I can't sit still every few hours.  I'd take the pain over that any day.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #8728 on: April 06, 2015, 10:15:28 am »
The "heightism" assholes are getting more and more annoying.

Um, guys?  Randy Newman never intended for his song to be taken seriously.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NvgLkuEtkA</a>

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8729 on: April 06, 2015, 05:00:14 pm »
Guess I should be considering suicide because I'm 5'9"