Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2066120 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8775 on: April 27, 2015, 09:59:29 am »
Alas, I think FF.net has a thing against lemons, lol.  Thankfully, mine's a Dragon Ball Z fanfic, sooooooooo, very little citrus involved in the story at all.  Only one very indirect mention and maybe only one or two more in the story, since it doesn't quite fit the theme.
Well, then you just write it on Adult fan fiction .net. DUH!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8776 on: April 27, 2015, 10:38:51 am »
Alas, I think FF.net has a thing against lemons, lol.  Thankfully, mine's a Dragon Ball Z fanfic, sooooooooo, very little citrus involved in the story at all.  Only one very indirect mention and maybe only one or two more in the story, since it doesn't quite fit the theme.
"And then they smooched and frickle Frackled."

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8777 on: April 27, 2015, 10:52:14 am »
"And then they smooched and frickle Frackled."
"They held hands and blushed as they walked side by side. And it was cute."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8778 on: April 27, 2015, 04:26:43 pm »
This just reminds me I should never come to this forum expecting actual advice.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #8779 on: April 27, 2015, 04:53:45 pm »
It's been a wwhile since I've been on fanfiction.net, but back when I did read stuff from there it seemed like a good chunk of the stories on there were lemons. Granted you'd only ever see them if you turned the filter settings to allow stories of any age rating.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8780 on: April 27, 2015, 05:55:12 pm »
It's been a wwhile since I've been on fanfiction.net, but back when I did read stuff from there it seemed like a good chunk of the stories on there were lemons. Granted you'd only ever see them if you turned the filter settings to allow stories of any age rating.

Not sure how recent it is, but some authors' notes mention a time where they were cracking down on lemons.  Dunno if that's still the case or not...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #8781 on: April 27, 2015, 06:03:04 pm »
Last thing I wrote had a sex thing in it and so far no crackdown on my crap, but that may be my inability to write sex stuff well. (ah the wonders of being disinterested in sex)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8782 on: April 27, 2015, 06:50:56 pm »
Wanna write more of my fanfic, but I feel too much like shit (cold-infected shit, that is, not emotional shit) to do much of anything except exist.  Doesn't fucking help that I've got summer classes and a thousand-mile trip to plan.  Someone, fuckin gimmie the knockout pills and wake me when its over.

The next chapter of my KH fanfic is almost done. I just have absolutely no idea how to close Chapter 4 out. I already got all the plot elements I planned on this chapter done, but I just need to put a bit more in.

congrats...you're writing on the same level as the people who are paid to write for the plot of Kingdom Hearts.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8783 on: April 27, 2015, 09:59:25 pm »
Wow, really?

...That is kind of depressing for them, now that I think about it.

You know what, I'm gonna Nomura this - I'll slip something insanely confusing into the end and see what other people interpret it to mean!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8784 on: April 27, 2015, 10:08:51 pm »
Honestly, I'm not entirely sure they actually bother to enforce the "no lemons" rule.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8785 on: April 27, 2015, 10:22:21 pm »
You know what, I'm gonna Nomura this

You're gonna make absurdly asymmetrical clothing that serves no practical function and is nearly impossible to cosplay?
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8786 on: April 28, 2015, 01:03:13 am »
I really thought that my daughter was getting better, but then she threw up again last night. And now my stomach is really sick as well. I have to run to the toilet frequently and I keep getting burbs that nearly turn into me throwing up... Also, the burbs smell really awful. I have no idea what disease this is but it has lasted much longer than they usually do and I fear that I am going to start throwing up soon as well.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8787 on: April 28, 2015, 10:33:08 am »
White people claiming to be equally disgusted by "both sides" of the Baltimore conflict.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8788 on: April 28, 2015, 04:07:49 pm »
White people claiming to be equally disgusted by "both sides" of the Baltimore conflict.

Can you clarify that?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #8789 on: April 28, 2015, 06:47:45 pm »

Can you clarify that?
My guess is he's talking about the folks who say "oh, sure, police brutality is a problem, but some people rioted, which is clearly representative of ALL the protesters, so both are equally bad." No. The rioters are bad, but they are a minority taking advantage of the situation, AND the almost assuredly will be prosecuted. That's not a guarantee with the police.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!