Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065716 times)

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8805 on: May 03, 2015, 05:18:25 pm »
Reading the comments for Kid's React videos when they're reacting to old technology.  It's almost nothing but, "this generation is going downhill!", "I feel sorry for this generation!", "this generation sucks!", "kids today have it so easy!", "waaaaaah, what are these little kids doing with iphones?", "kids today are so lazy!"

Jesus Christ, get the fuck over yourselves.  You probably weren't breaking your backs out in the fields either, growing up.  "Oh, but they don't appreciate the old technology and think it's stupid!"  A) Some of these kids are really young, so they probably don't have a real appreciation for anything that isn't an immediate part of their lives, and b) there's probably old technology you didn't grow up with that you think is stupid, too.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #8806 on: May 03, 2015, 05:36:04 pm »
Hotdoggiddemon.
His stuff is occasionally funny, but it's essentially just the same "LITTLE KIDS CARTOON CHARACTERS SAID 'CUNT' ITS FUNNY!!!" Jokes that appeal to the same demographic that found Disaster Movie funny.

Also he's a huge sexist and probably racist, so their's that.

I'm gonna have to ask you to prove that claim.  From the blog posts of his that I've read, Max G. seems like an alright guy.  Personally, I love his stuff, and a fair part of it is for the massive butthurt it causes.

Backround: the guy he mentioned worked in the cartoon "Clarence" and had numerous women accuse him of groping him.

Okay, I suppose this doesn't make him a "huge" sexist, but still puts him in "douche" territory.
but lets talk about something else.

In all honesty I don't particularly care.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 06:19:17 pm by I am lizard »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8807 on: May 03, 2015, 06:26:13 pm »
"I hate everyone equally!"

"People die all the time, why should I care about one death?"

That's nice sweetie, now clean your room.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8808 on: May 03, 2015, 06:37:47 pm »
I got stuck in a residential neighborhood because I somehow got sandwiched between two car accidents.  To add insult to injury, the world's worst Rammstein cover band decided it was the perfect time to practice.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8809 on: May 04, 2015, 09:00:04 am »
@Lizard: That reads as tongue-in-cheek, to me.  Gotta remember, the dude's kinda like Buckley, his humour is specifically meant to get a rise outta you.  Also, if the "people die all the time" thing is actually him, then...he's not wrong.  People pick and choose the lives (and, thus, deaths) that matter to them all the time.  Are you sad when a random person dies in, say, Burma?  Yet, we're all outraged when a cop shoots a fleeing suspect in the back.  We prioritize all the time, that's how a normal human mind is supposed to work.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8810 on: May 04, 2015, 11:22:02 am »
@Lizard: That reads as tongue-in-cheek, to me.  Gotta remember, the dude's kinda like Buckley, his humour is specifically meant to get a rise outta you.  Also, if the "people die all the time" thing is actually him, then...he's not wrong.  People pick and choose the lives (and, thus, deaths) that matter to them all the time.  Are you sad when a random person dies in, say, Burma?  Yet, we're all outraged when a cop shoots a fleeing suspect in the back.  We prioritize all the time, that's how a normal human mind is supposed to work.
"The people die all the time ect." wasn't him, it was an unrelated thing I see on the intenternet Generally their will be some tragic story, then some guy will come along and say "meh, people die all the time, why should I care about this?"

Anyway, I think all avoid continuing this discussion as I've used up all my argument tokens.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 11:28:35 am by I am lizard »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8811 on: May 05, 2015, 03:01:05 am »
YOU ANNOY ME DRAKEKEEPERS WITH MACES AND YOUR ENDLESS SWINGING THAT GOES ON...AND ON...AND ON...AND ON...
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8812 on: May 07, 2015, 10:29:45 pm »
It's 2015 and I have yet to see a single hoverboard or super-intelligent penguin.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8813 on: May 07, 2015, 11:19:06 pm »
Dude, you've seen the hyper intelligent penguins. Just because they look all cute swimming around and flightless, for some is just an act.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #8814 on: May 07, 2015, 11:25:28 pm »
Dude, you've seen the hyper intelligent penguins. Just because they look all cute swimming around and flightless, for some is just an act.

They're probably inventing hoverboards.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8815 on: May 08, 2015, 12:53:00 am »
Great Scott!
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8816 on: May 08, 2015, 05:33:23 pm »
They are hoverboards.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #8817 on: May 10, 2015, 02:22:51 pm »
I hate how people always expect African Americans to fix every problem in their community before their allowed to ask not to be raped or killed by police.

After a bunch of cartoonists were killed in a mass shooting I don't recal Fox News saying how "the white community needs to stop worrying about a few islamaphobes who got shot and focus more on not raping their children or shooting up schools."

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #8818 on: May 10, 2015, 03:09:56 pm »
The fandom is moving way too fast for me and it's kind of exhausting.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #8819 on: May 11, 2015, 08:10:52 pm »
I think my Steam account's been hacked. I've locked it for now, but it might take a while to get it up again.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!