Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2066819 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9045 on: September 21, 2015, 10:39:19 am »
Skype shat the bed, so now I have to find an alternate method of communication. (Any suggestions?)

At my old job we used Google Hangouts, which was pretty handy. We use Skype at my current job, and it's still shitting itself for me.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9046 on: September 21, 2015, 01:13:10 pm »
must be a thing, my skype won't work either, had to use the web based version.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9047 on: September 21, 2015, 04:41:33 pm »
Aye, I think Skype is experiencing a server outage.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9048 on: September 21, 2015, 05:43:43 pm »
It is.  Something went wrong at 3 AM and well....this is the result.

Ironbite-seems to have stabilized though

Even Then

« Reply #9049 on: September 21, 2015, 06:24:27 pm »
Are Anon-E-Moose and Swede on this forum?

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9050 on: September 21, 2015, 06:29:02 pm »

I wish Anon-E-Moose were on here. It would be twice the unhinged image-macro-laden outbursts -- twice the fun.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9051 on: September 22, 2015, 12:27:46 am »
I just had a dream where I was mean to the dog, and I've been feeling bad about it all day. I feel like I have to be extra nice to him now to make up for it.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #9052 on: September 22, 2015, 12:59:33 am »

I wish Anon-E-Moose were on here. It would be twice the unhinged image-macro-laden outbursts -- twice the fun.

Am I the only one who finds his posts kind of cringe-inducing at times?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Even Then

« Reply #9053 on: September 22, 2015, 01:05:27 am »
Oh, I meant to post this in the Random Thoughts thread. *facepalm*

And honestly, I've cringed at him once or twice myself.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9054 on: September 22, 2015, 10:52:50 am »
My cousin moved in with me about two years ago. He is in his early sixties, has a serious congenital heart defect, and of course age has exacerbated that condition. I asked him to come live with me because the family and I were concerned that he was too at-risk to live alone. I leave my bedroom door open all day in case he needs me. Luckily, he has not had any heart episodes since he moved down here and has much better doctors managing his condition.

But, the lack of ability to exercise safely means he is also getting mentally fuzzy. Not Alzheimers, but cardiac related cognitive issues. He pops into my room 10 to 20 times a day at random intervals, mostly to play with my dogs or comment on some news item he saw on TV. I always wear headphones when I'm on my laptop, which is many hours a day. Even after two years, and having the problem explained to him, he still just starts talking the second he enters the room, expecting me to stop what I'm doing and respond before I can take off my headphones or pause a video or a game or a condo association project. Nothing I can do about it, and I'm pretty much used to it, but hey, thanks for reading my rant.

* He came in just as I was about to post the above. Lol.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2015, 11:04:43 am by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9055 on: September 22, 2015, 09:25:49 pm »
Minecraft mod rant, incoming:

Server I play on (not the one I'm payin for) decided to install a notorious hardcore mod called GregTech.  Notorious because it basically takes over EVERYTHING and you can't do shit without doing Gerg first.  As if that weren't bad enough, anyone who dares use NEI (a staple of almost literally every modpack ever) gets constantly spammed with annoying fucking sounds whenever their inventory is open AND THERE IS NO WAY TO TURN THIS OFF.  Greg, I have but one question: ARE YOU FUCKING TWELVE?  Since when is trolling your users on any day OTHER than 1 April EVER been acceptable by god damned anyone?  Fuck you, fuck your game-hijacking, resource-fucking, cum-guzzling mod, and fuck the horse you rode in on.  You have clearly learned nothing from your spat with mDiyo.  This is how you lose support, you god damned, feckless moron.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9056 on: September 22, 2015, 10:40:02 pm »
I can't take ibuprofen anymore because of my stupid fucking easily irritable bowls, but acetaminophen seems like it quits working faster than ibuprofen did.  And just like with ibuprofen, I have to wait 6 hours between doses, meaning I have to endure this godawful headache for three fucking hours before I can do anything about it.

Fuck this weather.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #9057 on: September 23, 2015, 11:53:30 am »
I can't take ibuprofen anymore because of my stupid fucking easily irritable bowls, but acetaminophen seems like it quits working faster than ibuprofen did.  And just like with ibuprofen, I have to wait 6 hours between doses, meaning I have to endure this godawful headache for three fucking hours before I can do anything about it.

Fuck this weather.

That's a big reason why I started smoking "oregano". It doesn't help at all, but it makes me care less.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9058 on: September 23, 2015, 01:38:45 pm »

Fuck this weather.

If you can trust yourself to use it only for occasional pain, Tramadol will work for your situation. It requires a doctor's prescription.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9059 on: September 23, 2015, 03:59:16 pm »
Doesn't Tramadol knock you out, though?  If memory serves, that's something my dad takes to, amongst other things, help him sleep and...resisting the urge to sleep does NOT lead to good things.