Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065387 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9240 on: October 18, 2015, 12:23:00 am »
My bro in law is an asshole,  he's starting this whole no swearing bs towards me again, and reported the said post for Nudity, when there is no fucking nudity to be found. Fuck you, I'm not taking the post down because there is nothing FB can do to me for swearing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9241 on: October 18, 2015, 12:46:24 am »
My slingshot broke, and now I have to wait probably more than a month for a replacement. As if that's not bad enough, a new magpie has just moved in.

Sigh, this is going to be a long and agonising month, I can just tell.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9242 on: October 18, 2015, 07:29:34 am »
My slingshot broke, and now I have to wait probably more than a month for a replacement. As if that's not bad enough, a new magpie has just moved in.

have you tried blowpipes as a stopgap? they're cheap to make, and with some wine bottle corks and a needle can ruin the day of anything.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9243 on: October 18, 2015, 07:44:20 am »

have you tried blowpipes as a stopgap? they're cheap to make, and with some wine bottle corks and a needle can ruin the day of anything.

If they can get away with it, they'll just sit on higher branches rather than going somewhere else, so anything that can't reach the tops of trees isn't going to do the job.

Truth be told, either trapping or poisoning will need to be my stopgap. I'll try trapping to start off with. I hear a 1mx1mx1m cube made of chicken wire with a hole in the top (big enough for a bird to jump down but too small to fly back out) gets the job done, and sounds simple enough that even I could do it.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9244 on: October 18, 2015, 05:36:57 pm »
my sister's dog just pissed on the wifi router... this dog is so bonkers it can't even go out to take a dump. no, it has to do it in the comfort of the living room. and now, it just fried our private internet access... i hate dogs, and the more i live with that sorry excuse for the canis genus, the more intense the hatred gets.

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9245 on: October 18, 2015, 05:51:05 pm »
My bro in law is an asshole,  he's starting this whole no swearing bs towards me again, and reported the said post for Nudity, when there is no fucking nudity to be found. Fuck you, I'm not taking the post down because there is nothing FB can do to me for swearing.

I'm sorry but what!?  Is he really trying to censor you?

Ironbite-what a fucking asshole.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9246 on: October 18, 2015, 11:10:24 pm »
Truth be told, either trapping or poisoning will need to be my stopgap. I'll try trapping to start off with. I hear a 1mx1mx1m cube made of chicken wire with a hole in the top (big enough for a bird to jump down but too small to fly back out) gets the job done, and sounds simple enough that even I could do it.
Well, that was a massive failure. Turns out it's not so simple that even I can do it. At least not in this heat.

On the other hand, they tucked right into a bit of bread soaked in fly spray, so it should all be good once that kicks in. Hopefully tomorrow things will be nice and quiet from 5am onwards.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9247 on: October 18, 2015, 11:43:26 pm »
Well, that was a massive failure. Turns out it's not so simple that even I can do it. At least not in this heat.

On the other hand, they tucked right into a bit of bread soaked in fly spray, so it should all be good once that kicks in. Hopefully tomorrow things will be nice and quiet from 5am onwards.

art, are you in the southern hemisphere? if not, yew berries are ripening, that combined with fat and syrup should make for a lethal deliciously irresistible poison. granted, you need access to a yew tree...

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9248 on: October 18, 2015, 11:47:02 pm »
I swear if you guys weren't talking about a bunch of birds I would swear you were about murder a person in the most painful way possible.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9249 on: October 18, 2015, 11:48:11 pm »

art, are you in the southern hemisphere? if not, yew berries are ripening, that combined with fat and syrup should make for a lethal deliciously irresistible poison. granted, you need access to a yew tree...

I'm in Australia, so yeah, not really an option, unfortunately. Sounds like an awesome idea though, assuming dogs aren't interested in it.

Though if you have any recipes involving Australian flora, I'd be most intrigued.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9250 on: October 18, 2015, 11:49:56 pm »
Isn't most native flora to your continent deadly to began with? Or is that just the fauna?

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #9251 on: October 18, 2015, 11:56:49 pm »
Australia: What doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9252 on: October 19, 2015, 12:07:39 am »
Isn't most native flora to your continent deadly to began with? Or is that just the fauna?
The flora is if anything rather benign. Well, there is that one tree that causes enough pain to drive people and animals to suicide just from touching its leaves, but other than that the plant life isn't nearly as vicious as the animals.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #9253 on: October 19, 2015, 01:45:20 am »
Poison the birdbath?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9254 on: October 19, 2015, 01:56:31 am »
Yeah, like I'd ever have something that attracts birds. The fucking things are worse than bronies circa 2011/2012.