Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2068060 times)

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9540 on: January 09, 2016, 04:42:53 am »
All this goddamned astrology bullshit being posted around on fucking facebook. For fucks sake, people. Oh, and one former friendof mine getting pissed at me for calling her out for robbing people with her job as a hotline psychic. Just pisses me right the fuck off.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #9541 on: January 09, 2016, 03:35:45 pm »
All this goddamned astrology bullshit being posted around on fucking facebook. For fucks sake, people. Oh, and one former friendof mine getting pissed at me for calling her out for robbing people with her job as a hotline psychic. Just pisses me right the fuck off.

Your Moon must be in bad aspect to Pluto.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #9542 on: January 09, 2016, 05:53:03 pm »
I somehow managed to break the Steam overlay for Fallout 4 - and only Fallout 4 - a while ago and I haven't managed to figure out how to make it work again. Haven't really played since it happened. When I look it up, the only answer I get is "disable fraps" and I don't even use fraps, so that's no help at all.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 05:58:06 pm by Randomwolf42 »

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #9543 on: January 09, 2016, 06:28:08 pm »
http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum24/HTML/211929.html

http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003587.html
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #9544 on: January 09, 2016, 09:17:02 pm »

Link #1- I hate you all and want to eat your still-beating hearts while you watch. None of your fucking incredibly common general things prove a fucking thing about your hokey-ass bullshit. 

Link #2- The moon isn't a planet, and all of the planets and stars are too far away to have a noticeable gravitational effect on earth. Also, people aren't large enough to be affected like the tides are, you fuck!!
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9545 on: January 10, 2016, 03:12:04 am »
...I would have more respect of Astrology if they only used mystic bullshit as justification for their claims. If you try to mix real science with it then it becomes obvious that it does not work that way.

I mean, there are people who claim that they can heal people with the help of angels or unicorns or something and then everyone knows that it's all about faith and mysticism and religion. It's not like there's anything wrong with someone deciding to put their faith in unicorns. Then you get the Homeopaths who claim that their stuff is actual science and aside from being as effective as placebo it actually makes people stop using real medication and every time we get a "scientist" or a "doctor" who says they think Homeopathy works it's not stripping away from real science and medication...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9546 on: January 11, 2016, 08:54:09 am »
I think I understand now why I did so poorly in calculus last semester.  I relied on my Nspire far too much: I could get answers all day long, but I couldn't really do the work.  I hate to say it, but I fell into a trap I'd sworn I'd never fall into, my love for discovering and/or developing tools made me lazy and I forgot that actually learning the principles with which I was working was as important as getting the answer.  If there's one bright spot in all this, though, its that now that I'm aware of this proverbial blind spot, I can account for and work around it and fill in the gaps.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9547 on: January 11, 2016, 12:38:10 pm »
So, folks are paying their respects to David Bowie, much like they did for Lemmy earlier and now we have morons whining that these people aren't "real fans..."

...Because they do not seem to believe that anyone might want to pay their respects to the family, or that anyone who doesn't remember the lyrics to all the Bowie songs could be real fans (or even have had any respect for him.)

Apparently I'm just "jumping on the bandwagon" or something.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #9548 on: January 11, 2016, 03:56:10 pm »
I don't see how you can jump on the bandwagon with Bowie considering roughly 2/3rds of the Earths population was probably on it.

As for Lemmy, I suspect it might be in the context of him embracing death throughout his life and condolences may appear to be a betrayal of that outlook.

It's stupid because condolences are still warranted.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #9549 on: January 11, 2016, 07:14:05 pm »
of course i mourn lemmy, any metalhead should, he was just that influential to the genre, above and beyond how rock and roll the man was.

the proper way to mourn him, though, is to drink a slug in his name and crank the volume louder.

regarding bowie, i'm kinda stunned, i didn't listen to the radio this morning, but meh, he had a good run. play his songs, and remember the legacy. offer the condolences to the next of kin, those who can still appreciate them.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9550 on: January 12, 2016, 05:20:06 pm »
So... Several youtubers who make let's plays have gotten review versions of XCOM 2 so that they can make videos and reviews about it (as long as they keep storyline secret and concentrate on the gameplay.) This is not annoying, this is cool.

But it is making my desire to get the game much worse so that annoys since I would need a new computer to play it...

Also, I was watching one guy play it and he went on about how he was playing on the hardest difficulty and had modded the game so that the enemies were even more numerous and had extra HP. ...And then he was playing like a moron, making obvious mistakes, forgetting the equipment he had given his troops and so on and so on. It was painful to watch and I had to stop due to Myötähäpeä.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9551 on: January 12, 2016, 06:01:45 pm »
I'm assuming that's a word in an ancient tongue that means annoyance right?

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #9552 on: January 12, 2016, 06:10:05 pm »
It means being embarrassed at someone's behavior or actions. 

Yes, I looked it up.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9553 on: January 12, 2016, 06:34:14 pm »
It's when you feel the embarrassment that the other person isn't feeling.

Like watching someone in a reality TV show make a complete ass of themselves just to get the 15 minutes of fame. They might be failing to sing even a single note or word properly of a children's TV show tune on American Idol and the referees are crying and even Simon Cowell just can't make himself insult the singer and he just quietly asks them to leave the stage but the singer just doesn't realize that there is anything wrong. They keep singing and they are so happy to be there while the audience is vomiting and stabbing themselves in their own ears.

Or when you see Donald Trump do his thing on stage.

That is the definition of Myötähäpeä. Some person might get joy from watching someone fumble and fail miserably but if your sense of sympathy ruins any comedy in the incident then you are feeling Myötähäpeä.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #9554 on: January 12, 2016, 06:42:22 pm »
Oh, you mean Fremdscham.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.