Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2068699 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #9555 on: January 13, 2016, 09:54:02 am »
Seems like it's a perfect antonym to schadenfreude. 
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9556 on: January 14, 2016, 12:41:16 am »
Decided to modify this now that I've cooled down.  The actual complaint is below.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 01:59:42 am by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #9557 on: January 14, 2016, 12:44:36 am »
Wow, what prompted this?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #9558 on: January 14, 2016, 12:53:04 am »
I need to renew a payment plan, and while I can do it online, I need somewhere to upload supplemental documentation because I have no taxable income.  I used to be able to this on the site, but within the last week, it suddenly underwent an overhaul in design and now that feature is missing with "plans to redesign in the future".  This renewal has a deadline, and if I don't make it, I'm stuck with a large payment I can't make because I have no job.

And they have no email listed that I could use instead.  It's just address, phone, and fax.

Edit:  It doesn't help that the site actually lists this as a feature you get when you have an account, when it doesn't actually exist yet.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:00:40 am by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #9559 on: January 14, 2016, 10:36:10 am »
That sucks. 'Cause you know that if you stone age it by calling the phone number, it's gonna be overwhelming wait times on hold. So sorry this happened to you, Iosa!
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9560 on: January 16, 2016, 01:49:44 am »
I was just typing about how wonderful kids are and that at least only one of them is throwing up at any particular time but that's when another one of them threw up on my lap. Just barely missing my laptop computer.

...The oldest one had started throwing up during the night and I thought that the youngest was just getting better but apparently he isn't quite over the sickness yet. I and my wife are merely having stomach pains and have to go to the toilet more often than usually, so now it is only a matter of time until our third kid gets sick as well.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9561 on: January 16, 2016, 08:41:29 am »
Minor irritation, but why do YouTube videos allow you to seek using the keyboard?  I use it to scroll the page, you cunt, stop capturing it and thinking I'm trying to rewind the video when I hit the damned home key!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9562 on: January 22, 2016, 12:54:04 pm »
I don't usually mind trigger warnings -Then again, I rarely go to places where those are used a lot so it might be partially do to that that I don't see them as much of an annoyance and still think that the original idea behind them was good- but came across a peculiar one in an article. There was a warning that the article mentions the name of a dead aboriginal. I thought that this was an odd warning but I suppose such things might be painful/scary to some people. ...Then the article starts with two murders and a suicide. But everyone involved was white so apparently that was ...ok?

The article did make few good points about how white men get a better treatment in the news whether they are a victim of murder or the murderer. They also mentioned Trayvon Martin and Garner(?) who were killed in USA and how they were treated as deserving of their deaths and perceived as "thugs" but the writer hadn't made a warning about them either so apparently the most controversial part about the article was the name of an aboriginal. Which, considering how the article had been about the fair treatment of people the writer thinks that deaths of certain people are worse than the deaths of others.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #9563 on: January 22, 2016, 04:08:21 pm »
I made colored bread for the second time in a week, and for the second time, the customer didn't pick it up.  I don't know if it's the same customer since we can't find the second order, but the colors of the bread are the same.  While they're not hard to make (toss some dough in the bowl, along with some food coloring and mix), it is time-consuming, and cleaning is a pain.  And the work wouldn't bother me if the customer had picked up the order. 

I'll give them until tomorrow.  If they haven't picked it up at all and another order for something similar pops up next week, I'm not making it.  I'd rather get chewed out for missing an order than waste time on something that's going to sit on the shelf for a day and get tossed.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #9564 on: January 22, 2016, 09:51:58 pm »
I don't usually mind trigger warnings -Then again, I rarely go to places where those are used a lot so it might be partially do to that that I don't see them as much of an annoyance and still think that the original idea behind them was good- but came across a peculiar one in an article. There was a warning that the article mentions the name of a dead aboriginal. I thought that this was an odd warning but I suppose such things might be painful/scary to some people. ...Then the article starts with two murders and a suicide. But everyone involved was white so apparently that was ...ok?

The article did make few good points about how white men get a better treatment in the news whether they are a victim of murder or the murderer. They also mentioned Trayvon Martin and Garner(?) who were killed in USA and how they were treated as deserving of their deaths and perceived as "thugs" but the writer hadn't made a warning about them either so apparently the most controversial part about the article was the name of an aboriginal. Which, considering how the article had been about the fair treatment of people the writer thinks that deaths of certain people are worse than the deaths of others.

If the aboriginal was Australian, I think I recall that in some tribes there is a traditional taboo against mentioning the name of the dead, or something along those lines?

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #9565 on: January 25, 2016, 04:22:12 pm »
Guess who spent $130 on the wrong maths text book, this girl fml.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #9566 on: January 26, 2016, 09:49:07 am »
Shit, I'm sorry. If you give me the name of the one you need I can try to find a free copy to download for you.
Σא

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #9567 on: January 26, 2016, 11:27:57 am »
Can't yout sell it back to the bookstore for like $25?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #9568 on: January 26, 2016, 11:28:27 am »
Guess who spent $130 on the wrong maths text book, this girl fml.

Christ,  that text book better be made out of solid platinum.  Is that kind of price normal there?

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9569 on: January 26, 2016, 12:35:41 pm »
Textbook prices are ridiculous in the US. My very first semester at college cost over $800 in textbooks. The publishers love to release new editions as well so they can keep forcing people to buy new copies.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades