Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2065260 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10170 on: August 17, 2016, 05:22:09 pm »
https://imgur.com/gallery/WbjtV
http://imgur.com/gallery/yN4o6

KID DOESN'T SEEM SAD ENOUGH AFTER LOSING HER FATHER? LET'S FORCE HER INTO A MENTAL HOSPITAL, THAT'S THE REASONABLE THING TO DO!

...People express sadness differently and not everyone is completely crippled by sadness. You would think that mental hospital workers would understand something like this.

This seems....familiar.

Ironbite-but it's not Cait so I dunno.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #10171 on: August 18, 2016, 08:10:02 pm »
I discovered that mum will try legal action against me if I try to move away and keep my centerlink disability benefits.

Cool.
...Why?

I get a lot of money from the disability pension. She likes that money. Gets her macbooks
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #10172 on: August 18, 2016, 10:25:27 pm »
People who don't know the difference between a fact and an opinion. No, people, just because you deny an objectively true fact does not render it an opinion. Instead, it renders you a moron.

That's just like, your opinion, man.

EDIT: I assume the next step in that argument is that you can't know anything for certain. I mean there may be an tiny possibility that the universe is simply a product of my imagination crackers.

No, that is not your opinion. Listen Morty, we live in a universe with infinitely possible impossibilities, and it is your teenage uncertainty that keeps us from being certain. You're gonna be the reason we all die, and I can prove that you're a piece of shit mathematically, Morty.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #10173 on: August 18, 2016, 11:18:52 pm »
The show Rick and Morty kind of annoys me honestly.  I liked it at first but somewhere in the second season it just seemed to turn really cynical and pretend that's the same thing as depth.  Like the episode where they go to the planet being taken over by a hive mind, Summer tries to stop it, but it turns out that everyone on the planet is a murderous racist.  It's suppossed to be all deep, but I'm just sitting there thinking "Really?  Everyone?  Come on Rick and Morty writters, that's a false dilemma and you know it."

Give me Bob's Burger's or Steven Universe any day. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2016, 11:20:53 pm by Skybison »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10174 on: August 20, 2016, 12:09:50 am »
So today at the gym, I saw some guy standing there near the free weights, trying to do some hammer curls. Trying being the key word - 25 pounds in each hand and he was madly slinging his arms up and down - not how you're supposed to do that exercise, as it'll sprain the muscle and damage the joint.

Much as I would prefer to go on with my shoulders, I remember what happened to that Armenian and I want my lunch to stay in my stomach rather than vacate at the sight of a weight lifting injury.

I try and tell him and show him proper form, and he gets indignant and says "used to be a trainer so I know better" and "give me those."
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 12:14:01 am by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10175 on: August 20, 2016, 09:44:54 am »
I was trying to find out some stuff about a 90s Val Kilmer film but couldn't remember the name correctly and instead came across "thunderfoot." I thought the name was familiar and I think he's been discussed here. Seems like he is still a jackass.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #10176 on: August 20, 2016, 01:07:50 pm »
hmm... was the movie you were looking for Thunderheart?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10177 on: August 20, 2016, 01:15:52 pm »
Yup. I've always liked it. I also like Kilmer's acting though I've heard that he is (or at least used to be) basically a spoiled little brat when off camera.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10178 on: August 23, 2016, 01:44:44 pm »
So my dog almost ran away, luckily we found him, but I thought I'd lose a third dog in like three years of one another which...yeah not good for a manic depressant.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10179 on: August 29, 2016, 01:40:58 am »
Someone who isn't this tired can make a thread for this because this is outrageous but I can't deal with this this early... http://www.rawstory.com/2016/08/watch-rapper-treated-disgustingly-by-cops-who-refused-to-take-report-after-he-was-robbed-at-gunpoint/

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10180 on: August 31, 2016, 02:22:55 am »
My family is going to move to a bigger apartment, we already made a rent agreement with the new landlord. Unfortunately it turns out that we need to clear out our current apartment a day before we can move into the next one. ...And the only way that they offer to avoid this seems to be if I pay the rent for my old apartment for an extra month that we will not be living here.

In all the previous times I've moved there has been some flexibility on this but this time we are on rent for a major corporation and obviously they have no intention of taking the risk that they get less than 100% of their money.

Now we are trying to find out if we can get our stuff into a container for the night and sleep in a hotel. It would still be cheaper than the other alternative.

EDIT: FINLEX saves the day! According to Finnish laws ( http://www.finlex.fi/fi/laki/ajantasa/1995/19950481#a481-1995 68 § ) we need to clear apartment by the next ...Em, "arkipäivä"  (business day?) Anyway, in this case it means that our old apartment needs to be empty by Monday (giving us two days to move our stuff) and even though the two people from the company that I have spoken to, so far, have disagreed I am pretty sure that they can't make contracts that are against the law.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 02:52:59 am by Askold »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10181 on: August 31, 2016, 03:43:25 am »
...Except that it appears that the law may not help us after all because we made a contract that says otherwise and unless I take this to court (which may be expensive) we have to obey the contract.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #10182 on: August 31, 2016, 07:44:45 am »
Yeah and I'm afraid you would lose the case even if you took it to court. If I've understood correctly this is the kind of law that sets up a default case and a written contract can override. There are sections in these laws that can't be overridden by any contract but these sections explicitly state that and the section about the moving date is not one of them.

I am not a lawyer but I did some research on what the law says back when I needed the information a few years ago. So, this is a layman's interpretation.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10183 on: August 31, 2016, 08:25:41 am »
After checking things over with a lawyer it turns out that with this particular law there are a few clauses where you can make agreement that differs from what the law says. Including this particular bit.

Welp, I've learned my lesson and fortunately we managed to solve the issue.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #10184 on: September 01, 2016, 01:04:22 pm »
I got my teeth pulled, always fun.