Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2067084 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #10260 on: December 05, 2016, 10:13:50 pm »
FUCK.  UNIVERSITY.

This week, I have at least one large project due, two large assignments, a fucking writing assignment, and I need to study for my calculus final.  WHY THE GOD DAMNED FUCK IS ALL THIS SHIT CRAMMED INTO ONE WEEK?!

Eh, I've been through more school than you with more extreme time crunches; take solace in the fact that all the hard work will only make your next night of intoxication that much better.

Tell me about it. Did you go to medical school too?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10261 on: December 05, 2016, 10:43:09 pm »
Nope, Queenie is a law graduate.  I'm comp-sci.  I love the code, but I am none too fond of the classwork.  Thankfully, I have a kitten livestream to take the edge off; I have a personal rule against drinking on anything other than Friday nights and weekends.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #10262 on: December 06, 2016, 12:27:36 am »
Nope, Queenie is a law graduate.  I'm comp-sci.  I love the code, but I am none too fond of the classwork.  Thankfully, I have a kitten livestream to take the edge off; I have a personal rule against drinking on anything other than Friday nights and weekends.

Fancy that. My dad's a lawyer, and my sister's a programmer.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10263 on: December 06, 2016, 03:48:33 pm »
It wouldn't be so bad if that big-ass project (for my OO-coding class) weren't a big fucking pile of half-baked bullshit largely due to the fact that our teacher, in her infinite fucking wisdom decided we should save all our little game's shit into some god forsaken plain-text format that is every bit as ass-backwards as it is completely useless and utterly unhelpful.  Can't use a real format, like XML.  NO.  That'd be too motherfucking easy and I could hash out the persistence layer in, like, three hours tops.  But, no.  I have to read everything in line-by-line like some kind of fucking savage.

Though, for some, it actually kinda is good prep for the real world, since you never know when you're going to be thrown some bullshit the idiot before you hacked together using bits of string and his own feces.

And, its due in two days.

And, I still have all that other shit to do on top of it.

THERE IS LITERALLY NOT ENOUGH ALCOHOL IN MY HOME.  SOMEONE, SEND ME SOME GOD DAMNED EVERCLEAR.

No because your pain sustains me.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10264 on: December 07, 2016, 12:40:08 am »
My computer is dying. A buddy managed to fix it enough that it's usable again (for a while it would load up Windows and then tilt) but I'm going to have to buy an USB stick or something to save my most important files and hope that I can afford a new computer in a few months time.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #10265 on: December 07, 2016, 09:14:47 pm »
When website make "Top Ten movies of the year" lists before the years over.  Do you really think there won't be any potential good movies in December? Wait til the year is over.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #10266 on: December 07, 2016, 09:31:28 pm »
When website make "Top Ten movies of the year" lists before the years over.  Do you really think there won't be any potential good movies in December? Wait til the year is over.

Especially since a lot of big movies come out during the holidays.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10267 on: December 08, 2016, 05:11:08 am »
I'm leaving FB-groups because of people complaining about a genderfluid person who was mentioned in a newspaper or otherwise acting like assholes. I ended up in a debate with someone who used David Duke videos (with Finnish subtitles) to support their claim that anyone who opposes racism wants to extrerminate white people and I'm already depressed over sudden extra expenses and my general failure to be a decent person.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #10268 on: December 09, 2016, 02:07:45 pm »
You're a better person than a lot of people I've met, don't worry about that.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10269 on: December 14, 2016, 04:48:54 am »
'Tis the season for cold showers.

Fuck, I hate summer.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10270 on: December 18, 2016, 09:30:32 am »
One of these days I am going to catch one of the many people who spread the meme about the rebels of Star Wars being horrible terrorist and mass murderers for blowing up the Death star and force them to explain why they always ignore that the DEATH STAR was a legimite military target that had been previously used to blow up an inhabited planet. A planet that wasn't the rebel base mind you, they wanted to blow up an important planet just to show that the Empire is crazy enough to do it. ...But sure, let's focus on the insurgent group that blew up the military vessel that tried to kill them all. "...Boo hoo the mean rebels destroyed our planet killer that was mainly used to destroy civilian targets, I am the saddest space-nazi!"

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10271 on: December 18, 2016, 07:34:32 pm »
I hate the Nazis so...god damn much.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #10272 on: December 18, 2016, 08:23:15 pm »
One of these days I am going to catch one of the many people who spread the meme about the rebels of Star Wars being horrible terrorist and mass murderers for blowing up the Death star and force them to explain why they always ignore that the DEATH STAR was a legimite military target that had been previously used to blow up an inhabited planet. A planet that wasn't the rebel base mind you, they wanted to blow up an important planet just to show that the Empire is crazy enough to do it. ...But sure, let's focus on the insurgent group that blew up the military vessel that tried to kill them all. "...Boo hoo the mean rebels destroyed our planet killer that was mainly used to destroy civilian targets, I am the saddest space-nazi!"

When I cosplayed as Luke Skywalker for Phoenix Comicon, I encountered a guy in a stormtrooper helmet with a cardboard sign saying "I had friends on the Death Star" shaking his head at me. He ran off when I asked him what the population of Alderaan was.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 10:22:03 am by Random Guy »

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #10273 on: December 18, 2016, 09:34:16 pm »
But if the rebels just did what they were told then the Empire wouldn't have needed to blow up Alderaan!

CHECKMATE JEDI!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #10274 on: December 18, 2016, 10:11:49 pm »
But if the rebels just did what they were told then the Empire wouldn't have needed to blow up Alderaan!

CHECKMATE JEDI!

#PalpatineDidNothingWrong