Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2067925 times)

Offline Normandy

• Pope
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #2175 on: September 16, 2012, 03:58:40 pm »
Why do people hate it when you want to learn something new that isn't really practical in your situation

I tell people I'm learning Russian, they look like I just kicked a puppy

Just wait for all the Communist and other stupid jokes to start coming.
I recently started learning Russian myself and expected to hear stuff like this, but I haven't yet.

Having fun with all the cases yet? :P
Just began working with them last week.  I can already tell they're going to be a blast.  :P

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2176 on: September 18, 2012, 07:00:36 am »
Ugh, took me forever to figure out that хотеть was part of an irregular  Stared at it for 20 minutes going "WHY WONT YOU FOLLOW THE SECOND CONJUGATION!"

EDIT: What would really be awesome is a conjugation/verb/noun translator, where is tells you what case is being used for each word and other information to show how the sentence was constructed
« Last Edit: September 18, 2012, 07:04:45 am by Deimos »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2177 on: September 18, 2012, 12:05:40 pm »
My headache has been persisting for nearly four days now. This is not what I need right now with the work pileup I have.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Distind

« Reply #2178 on: September 18, 2012, 01:20:09 pm »
Fuclking brain dead, zombie, hunched over the steering wheel, don't know what indicators are for, drive at 30 mph in a 55 mph zone and 55 mph in a 30 mph zone, near sighted and won't wear glasses, think they own the road - New York State drivers!

Yes, after 42 years driving experience in the UK, I had to take the NY written test and road test to get my driver's licence - but there are so many fucking idiot lunatics out on the roads - I wish I had the power to make them all take the tests again!
Seems I may have to give ground on my fiancee's insistance that NY drivers are insane.(They're worse near NYC)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2179 on: September 18, 2012, 08:03:30 pm »
That I recieved a coupon in the mail from the Vet office I take my dog to, for 25% off of Bloodwork. Yeah that's great, problem is it would of been useful a month ago when I got his bloodwork done...aaaggghhhhhh.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #2180 on: September 18, 2012, 08:29:29 pm »
Fuclking brain dead, zombie, hunched over the steering wheel, don't know what indicators are for, drive at 30 mph in a 55 mph zone and 55 mph in a 30 mph zone, near sighted and won't wear glasses, think they own the road - New York State drivers!

Yes, after 42 years driving experience in the UK, I had to take the NY written test and road test to get my driver's licence - but there are so many fucking idiot lunatics out on the roads - I wish I had the power to make them all take the tests again!
Seems I may have to give ground on my fiancee's insistance that NY drivers are insane.(They're worse near NYC)

To hear my parents, NYC is nothing to the horror that is Driving In Germany.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #2181 on: September 19, 2012, 07:12:06 pm »
I'm pissed. I bought new ink so I can finally print schoolwork at home again, and of course the black fails. I thought there may've just been an issue with the cartridge that came with it (or that it was just smaller), but no. All black ink fails.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2182 on: September 19, 2012, 07:46:05 pm »
WHO SCHEDULES 4 PEOPLE OFF ON A DEEP CLEANING DAY!?

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #2183 on: September 19, 2012, 10:26:59 pm »
My fb friend who repeats what I say in a post, when answering a question.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #2184 on: September 20, 2012, 11:08:05 pm »
I find people making fun of "social justice warriors" to be just about as annoying as the people they're mocking.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #2185 on: September 20, 2012, 11:55:31 pm »
Flour Moths, I fucking hate those things, I had throw a couple bags of my dog's biscuits out because of them.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2186 on: September 21, 2012, 01:20:12 am »
Ack... we had a meal moth infestation several years ago.  Those buggers are annoying.  If it's made of grain (which is a shitload of things), it has to be sealed airtight, both for the moths and for the poisons used to get rid of them. 

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #2187 on: September 21, 2012, 10:53:53 am »
Well we had sort of flour moth infestation some years ago, they got into everything. It's the reason why my mom puts Bay leaves in the flour, and the boxes of rice and noodles now. We learned that they don't like Bay leaves, and it keeps them away.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #2188 on: September 21, 2012, 08:42:41 pm »
I shall make note of that in case the mothy menace strikes again.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #2189 on: September 21, 2012, 10:32:09 pm »
WTF happened to my fucking family, and how did they go from being moderates to teabaggers?? Is teabaggerism like a fucking virus or something. I want my family back, not the pod people they were replaced with.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 10:39:25 pm by Nicki »