Author Topic: Sonichu Thread  (Read 36360 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Sonichu Thread
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2013, 04:42:13 pm »
I've got to say, I think he's a perfect example of our society. If anyone does anything remotely interesting, we'll put a focus on them and give them fifteen minutes of fame. Additionally, everyone wants to get those fifteen minutes, and will do anything to get them. I see Chris-chan in the same vein I see Sixteen and Pregnant and Jersey Shore. They'll do anything to have the camera on them, to not be nobodies. It's the "hey, look at me" culture that leads to people getting injured and putting it on Youtube. It's the reason Jackass exists. We're laughing at them, not with them, but they don't care, because we're seeing them. We've done the same with Chris-chan. He's a moron, so we put the spotlight on him, and focus on him. Everyone wants to be a celebrity, these days, and with our technology, everyone can be. All you have to do is put a GIF of a cat in space to a Vocaloid song or get hit in the nuts or create a terrifyingly horrible webcomic to become famous.

You're sort of correct. But Chris doesn't really know what he wants, because he mostly lives in the moment. One of the reasons he was always so easy to trick is because he never really thinks about anything long term, and he barely even considers what we would call short term. If he saw something he liked and wanted, he'd go and get it. This is what ends up causing his impulsive shopping sprees, to the point of buying DLC for unowned games. It's also what led to him stealing money and credit cards from his parents to make more purchases or signing up for new cards at places like Best Buy that he promptly maxed out: he never considered any kind of consequences or long-term planning, because he decided that he wanted it now.

That's also what made him so gullible: you could lead him by the nose, especially if you were a pretty girl (or at least he thought you were), because he'd just blindly follow your offers and do whatever he could to try and grab the carrot hanging just out of reach.

I don't think he wants fame, though. Not as much as he wants a fight, so to speak. He has a severe persecution complex from being raised to believe that everyone is out to get him. At the same time, he's utterly valueless: outside of his antics, he has literally no value to the world. If he were to disappear completely, life would go on. Nobody but the internet folk who made him infamous in the first place give a damn about him except maybe his mother (and people are still on the fence as to how much she truly loves him as opposed to wanting to essentially treat him like a large, especially messy cat). If Chris dies tomorrow, nothing of note will have really happened. Hell, he stays silent for so long online out of fear that it could take us a while to find out that he actually died. None of us could say the same thing, as we all have family and friends who care about us. Not Chris.

With someone like Chris, he needs to find something to give him a purpose to his life. He's too lazy to actually work for anything, so that puts a job or any kind of cause that takes more effort than sitting around McDonalds for half an hour out of the picture. And in his warped mind, raised on children's cartoons and video games, he views his fight with the trolls as a sort of ultimate battle between good and evil, light and dark. Fighting the trolls, even though it's a fruitless battle and many have tried to tell him that, gives him some kind of purpose in life. It makes him feel like he's accomplishing something.

The attention he got for his antics was a side effect, but even then he continuously recorded himself and put out his personal information less out of a desire for attention and more because he's an idiot with no clue about social cues. He really is the kind of guy who (thanks to a mixture of autism and ridiculously poor parenting) will put a public video on Youtube directed toward a single person, and will even tell people at the beginning that a video is only meant to be seen by select people in the first place despite being publicly available. He handed out personal information like candy because he thought it was a good way to prove that he was who he said he was (back in the Liquid Chris era of impersonation).
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2013, 04:48:47 pm »
All you have to do is put a GIF of a cat in space to a Vocaloid song

Can it be something with a chibi Len? I loves me the Kagamine brother.

...Oh dear, I seem to have gotten distracted by fantasy... at least it's better than having to think about the fact that Chris-chan looked even slightly close to how I look when he was about 10 years younger. Or the fact that I tend to write a bit of self-insert when I do write. For me he's.... this really disturbing example of the internet I don't ever want to be compared to on an even cursory level and the thought I might makes my skin crawl.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2013, 05:00:21 pm »

...Oh dear, I seem to have gotten distracted by fantasy... at least it's better than having to think about the fact that Chris-chan looked even slightly close to how I look when he was about 10 years younger. Or the fact that I tend to write a bit of self-insert when I do write. For me he's.... this really disturbing example of the internet I don't ever want to be compared to on an even cursory level and the thought I might makes my skin crawl.
I highly doubt you'll ever be that bad. Also, the "GIF of a cat in space" comment was a Nyan Cat joke. No, seriously, it's a Vocaloid song.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Itachirumon

• Pope
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2013, 06:09:43 pm »

I highly doubt you'll ever be that bad. Also, the "GIF of a cat in space" comment was a Nyan Cat joke. No, seriously, it's a Vocaloid song.

Well I do contribute to society even if I'm stark-effin-bonkers...its the thought that makes me uncomfortable as hell partly because it's so very wrong.

Aldo....I knew that about Nyan-cat...who says I didn't? -looks around suspiciously-
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

Offline Errata

• Neonate
  • Personal Text
« Reply #79 on: July 04, 2013, 06:15:38 pm »
I read through the "Kacey's Father Call" and it really is impossible to summarize how impervious to change Chris is when it comes to himself. I mean, he was dressed down by a figure basically emblematic of both all that Chris isn't and all that he likes to believe he is. How did it affect him? To this day, he still believes he's only one Facebook post calling all women in the area to make out with him away from finding a partner that will fill all his needs without any work from him.

We can theorize and explain and summarize and categorize everything about him, but Chris himself is simply without precedent.
Signature

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #80 on: July 04, 2013, 06:39:07 pm »
I read through the "Kacey's Father Call" and it really is impossible to summarize how impervious to change Chris is when it comes to himself. I mean, he was dressed down by a figure basically emblematic of both all that Chris isn't and all that he likes to believe he is. How did it affect him? To this day, he still believes he's only one Facebook post calling all women in the area to make out with him away from finding a partner that will fill all his needs without any work from him.

We can theorize and explain and summarize and categorize everything about him, but Chris himself is simply without precedent.
Read into the Liquid Chris thing, it's related to that, and damn is it weird. Kacey herself may or may not have been a troll the entire time, alongside Liquid Chris. Ironically, the world has given CWC his reality, a giant conspiracy against him.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
« Reply #81 on: July 04, 2013, 06:50:12 pm »
If there's a Liquid and Solid Chris, Then who's Solidus?
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2013, 06:58:38 pm »
I've got to say, I think he's a perfect example of our society. If anyone does anything remotely interesting, we'll put a focus on them and give them fifteen minutes of fame. Additionally, everyone wants to get those fifteen minutes, and will do anything to get them. I see Chris-chan in the same vein I see Sixteen and Pregnant and Jersey Shore. They'll do anything to have the camera on them, to not be nobodies. It's the "hey, look at me" culture that leads to people getting injured and putting it on Youtube. It's the reason Jackass exists. We're laughing at them, not with them, but they don't care, because we're seeing them. We've done the same with Chris-chan. He's a moron, so we put the spotlight on him, and focus on him. Everyone wants to be a celebrity, these days, and with our technology, everyone can be. All you have to do is put a GIF of a cat in space to a Vocaloid song or get hit in the nuts or create a terrifyingly horrible webcomic to become famous.

You're sort of correct. But Chris doesn't really know what he wants, because he mostly lives in the moment. One of the reasons he was always so easy to trick is because he never really thinks about anything long term, and he barely even considers what we would call short term. If he saw something he liked and wanted, he'd go and get it. This is what ends up causing his impulsive shopping sprees, to the point of buying DLC for unowned games. It's also what led to him stealing money and credit cards from his parents to make more purchases or signing up for new cards at places like Best Buy that he promptly maxed out: he never considered any kind of consequences or long-term planning, because he decided that he wanted it now.

That's also what made him so gullible: you could lead him by the nose, especially if you were a pretty girl (or at least he thought you were), because he'd just blindly follow your offers and do whatever he could to try and grab the carrot hanging just out of reach.

I don't think he wants fame, though. Not as much as he wants a fight, so to speak. He has a severe persecution complex from being raised to believe that everyone is out to get him. At the same time, he's utterly valueless: outside of his antics, he has literally no value to the world. If he were to disappear completely, life would go on. Nobody but the internet folk who made him infamous in the first place give a damn about him except maybe his mother (and people are still on the fence as to how much she truly loves him as opposed to wanting to essentially treat him like a large, especially messy cat). If Chris dies tomorrow, nothing of note will have really happened. Hell, he stays silent for so long online out of fear that it could take us a while to find out that he actually died. None of us could say the same thing, as we all have family and friends who care about us. Not Chris.

With someone like Chris, he needs to find something to give him a purpose to his life. He's too lazy to actually work for anything, so that puts a job or any kind of cause that takes more effort than sitting around McDonalds for half an hour out of the picture. And in his warped mind, raised on children's cartoons and video games, he views his fight with the trolls as a sort of ultimate battle between good and evil, light and dark. Fighting the trolls, even though it's a fruitless battle and many have tried to tell him that, gives him some kind of purpose in life. It makes him feel like he's accomplishing something.

The attention he got for his antics was a side effect, but even then he continuously recorded himself and put out his personal information less out of a desire for attention and more because he's an idiot with no clue about social cues. He really is the kind of guy who (thanks to a mixture of autism and ridiculously poor parenting) will put a public video on Youtube directed toward a single person, and will even tell people at the beginning that a video is only meant to be seen by select people in the first place despite being publicly available. He handed out personal information like candy because he thought it was a good way to prove that he was who he said he was (back in the Liquid Chris era of impersonation).
Sorry, just saw this post. While I mostly agree, I have to argue, he wanted to be famous. He thinks he is. He thinks he's a highly important person, and he thought Sonichu was majorly important, mattered, and most of all, he wanted it to. If he didn't want to be famous, he never would have put his comics online or made videos, or started this at all. He thinks he matters. He thinks he's the protagonist of a thriller movie, where everyone is plotting against him. Sure, he's an idiot, but he wanted to be loved and respected. He's a autistic, horribly raised, attention whore who brought down the wrath of The Internet.

If there's a Liquid and Solid Chris, Then who's Solidus?
I don't think we want to know. Do we really need an older, more experienced, likely evil or at least severely misguided Chris-chan? Well, he's already evil and severely misguided, so, maybe Solidus Chris would be the inverse. Idk. Either way, I don't wanna know, but good joke.

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2013, 07:08:36 pm »
You know, A evil competent Chris would be awesome.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 07:37:28 pm by MadmanJohnson »
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2013, 08:12:24 pm »
You know, A evil competent Chris would be awesome.
No, it would be scary. Chris thinks the entire world is out to get him. Imagine if he was evil, and competent. He tried to run a guy over for banning him from a store.

Offline Errata

• Neonate
  • Personal Text
« Reply #85 on: July 04, 2013, 11:03:37 pm »
If he were competent, he wouldn't be Chris. That's like saying, "Imagine if John Lennon had been a monkey." Total disconnect.
Signature

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #86 on: July 04, 2013, 11:07:47 pm »
If he were competent, he wouldn't be Chris. That's like saying, "Imagine if John Lennon had been a monkey." Total disconnect.
Well, what if John Lennon had been a hyper-intelligent monkey that grew up in a universe identical to ours, but everyone was monkies, and he fell into another one without John Lennon on John Lennon's 18th birthday, but first fell through a universe where he got hologram technology and made himself look like human John Lennon, and so he looked human, and nothing in monkey Lennon with holograms but otherwise everyone else human universe went differently? He'd still be John Lennon.

Offline Itachirumon

• Pope
« Reply #87 on: July 05, 2013, 01:01:08 am »
Well, what if John Lennon had been a hyper-intelligent monkey that grew up in a universe identical to ours, but everyone was monkies, and he fell into another one without John Lennon on John Lennon's 18th birthday, but first fell through a universe where he got hologram technology and made himself look like human John Lennon, and so he looked human, and nothing in monkey Lennon with holograms but otherwise everyone else human universe went differently? He'd still be John Lennon.

Does that imply Hologram Monkey Lennon is still alive? I mean that shit-for-brains shot him in the arm and chest, much higher up than a monkey body would reach. So he....faked his death with the hologram and is still alive out there somewhere getting into monkey shenanigans?

.....I like your reality, let's live there.

Also I guess the only thing Chris-chan can do is get evil-er and smarter, he sure as fuck can't get stupider or much uglier.

.....God, one of the reasons it took me so long to join any kind of dating site or something or look around for single people was cause every single time I thought about it it felt like I was holding up a giant Chris-chan sign and I felt so sick with myself I'd rather stay in my hi-tech cave.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #88 on: July 05, 2013, 03:06:22 am »

Does that imply Hologram Monkey Lennon is still alive? I mean that shit-for-brains shot him in the arm and chest, much higher up than a monkey body would reach. So he....faked his death with the hologram and is still alive out there somewhere getting into monkey shenanigans?

.....I like your reality, let's live there.

Also I guess the only thing Chris-chan can do is get evil-er and smarter, he sure as fuck can't get stupider or much uglier.

.....God, one of the reasons it took me so long to join any kind of dating site or something or look around for single people was cause every single time I thought about it it felt like I was holding up a giant Chris-chan sign and I felt so sick with myself I'd rather stay in my hi-tech cave.
Yeppers ^_^ But, just imagine Monkey John and still human Yoko. Sorry, but had to spread the pain. And, I know that feeling. I haven't made one due to my current situation being weird but pretty good, but that's always how I've felt about online dating, and really only the "Nice Guys of OKCupid" thread changed that after seeing how many members here had a profile there.

Offline Itachirumon

• Pope
« Reply #89 on: July 05, 2013, 03:57:42 am »
I have one too, although hearing about how jackasses ruined the Fedora...I may have changed my mind about wanting to get one.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"