Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1670990 times)

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #3165 on: July 09, 2013, 08:36:01 am »
He sees himself as an Honest Patriot, and if I recall correctly, the pose is a common image of the Revolutionary Soldier hanging up his musket at the end of the War of Independence.

That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did own a tricorner hat.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3166 on: July 09, 2013, 08:38:08 am »
Does he seriously wear that hat?
Probably just artistic license.  However, note his bookshelf contains: a bookend, a bible, a coffee mug and what I assume is an inkpot.  Also, the President at the top doesn't look anything like Carter.
Even if it's artistic license, that means he sees himself with that hat and likely owns it.
He has also drawn himself in old timey clothes that go with the hat. I think it's just artistic license, he drew himself dressed in clothes that represent his beliefs, much like everything in the office does.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #3167 on: July 09, 2013, 08:41:26 am »
He sees himself as an Honest Patriot, and if I recall correctly, the pose is a common image of the Revolutionary Soldier hanging up his musket at the end of the War of Independence.

That said, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he did own a tricorner hat.
Ahh. Okay, and yeah.

Does he seriously wear that hat?
Probably just artistic license.  However, note his bookshelf contains: a bookend, a bible, a coffee mug and what I assume is an inkpot.  Also, the President at the top doesn't look anything like Carter.
Even if it's artistic license, that means he sees himself with that hat and likely owns it.
He has also drawn himself in old timey clothes that go with the hat. I think it's just artistic license, he drew himself dressed in clothes that represent his beliefs, much like everything in the office does.
That makes sense. Still, I agree with Chad, he does likely own one.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3168 on: July 09, 2013, 10:04:54 am »
Okay thanks so it was more of they wanted to do the homeschooling miles went though ouch yeah deport

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3169 on: July 09, 2013, 12:08:56 pm »

And nothing of value was lost.

Teabag cartoonist hanging up his drawing pen...this should be in the "Best Political Cartoons" section!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #3170 on: July 09, 2013, 04:27:29 pm »
Hey now, I own a tricorn hat! They're awesome. Or they were, before the tea party started wearing them, kinda like MRAs and fedoras.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #3171 on: July 09, 2013, 04:56:15 pm »
Hey now, I own a tricorn hat! They're awesome. Or they were, before the tea party started wearing them, kinda like MRAs and fedoras.

Hey, I wear a fedora!
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #3172 on: July 09, 2013, 04:57:37 pm »
Yeah, so do I, but unfortunately, the MRAs have decided that they are a symbol of their movement.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline MadmanJohnson

• Wrath of Primus
  • Pope
  • Able to creep out Deimos.
« Reply #3173 on: July 09, 2013, 06:45:45 pm »
Linkara wears a fedora! He's the exact opposite of a MRA.
Before you die an agonizing, chainsaw-related death, you're gonna hear about the Hate Plague!
I'm accusing you of being stupid.
I dare to be stupid.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3174 on: July 09, 2013, 07:27:18 pm »
It's not even the fedora itself that necessarily screams "MRA fundie". The fedora is generally the common element, but in photos, there's also a pretentious combination of clothing style, facial expression, head tilt, and/or props that transform it from a mere hat into The Fedora.

For example, this is just a guy who happens to be wearing a fedora:

But this is The Fedora:

"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Iconic Komodo Dragon 2

• Bishop
  • Try not to bleed to much.
« Reply #3175 on: July 10, 2013, 12:45:45 pm »
Not really a Political cartoon, but still Fundie
I support the SCP Foundation.

I'm 91 kilograms, 2.59 meters long; Have 57 strains of bacteria in my mouth, and can eat 80% of my weight in food in a single sitting.
LAAAAYYYYDDDDIIEEES...( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)

• Bishop
« Reply #3176 on: July 10, 2013, 01:09:17 pm »

And nothing of value was lost.
I almost forgot, here's a collection of works by this crazy-ass fuck:

I'm 91 kilograms, 2.59 meters long; Have 57 strains of bacteria in my mouth, and can eat 80% of my weight in food in a single sitting.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #3177 on: July 10, 2013, 01:46:48 pm »
The fifth one from the bottom sent my irony meter into nuclear territory.

Seriously, how can these people be so lacking in self-awareness?

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #3178 on: July 10, 2013, 06:28:49 pm »
2, 10, and 12 made some good points, if I read them right.

- 2 is saying that France is turning its back on the principles of a free society by banning the public expression of personal religious affiliation, chiefly headscarves. And I agree with that - you can't consider yourself a society with freedom of religion or expression while at the same time banning religious garments from public life.

- 10 is setting up a false dichotomy, to be sure, but does make something of a point on most people's priorities.

- 12 is pretty much spot on.

If it's protesting security cameras on private property, it's "worst". If it's drawing a comparison to the Trayvon Martin case (young person in a hoodie with snackfood), it's still "worst" for shitty composition but gets points for trying. If it's referencing something I'm not getting, I withdraw my comment.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

• Bishop
« Reply #3179 on: July 10, 2013, 06:30:19 pm »
2, 10, and 12 made some good points, if I read them right.

- 2 is saying that France is turning its back on the principles of a free society by banning the public expression of personal religious affiliation, chiefly headscarves. And I agree with that - you can't consider yourself a society with freedom of religion or expression while at the same time banning religious garments from public life.

- 10 is setting up a false dichotomy, to be sure, but does make something of a point on most people's priorities.

- 12 is pretty much spot on.
I agreed with them too(wait, to?), I just felt I should give a thorough look-through on Asays cartoons.

If it's protesting security cameras on private property, it's "worst". If it's drawing a comparison to the Trayvon Martin case (young person in a hoodie with snackfood), it's still "worst" for shitty composition but gets points for trying. If it's referencing something I'm not getting, I withdraw my comment.
That's the Boston Bomber.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 06:34:01 pm by Iconic Komodo Dragon 2 »