Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1674585 times)

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #3240 on: July 18, 2013, 06:22:06 am »
I don't understand how someone could be against abortion and condoms/emergency contraceptives at the same time.

Because "condoms and other contraceptives encourage kids to have sex instead of keeping their legs closed like good little Christian Girls!"

Also, some people view the Pill as another form of abortion.

Judaism doesn't, actually, and while elective abortion is prohibited, it's quite acceptable for couples to use contraception to delay having children until they're in a good financial situation. As long as they eventually get around to having kids, it's OK.

And those people are morons who are (probably willfully) ignorant on how biology works. The pill prevents pregnancy by emulating the hormone that disables ovulation while the woman is pregnant. There's no ripe egg to fertilize, thus no abortion.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3241 on: July 18, 2013, 07:53:55 am »
http://liberallogic101.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/liberal-logic-101-456.jpg
This particular one is stupid and rage inducing even for liberal logic

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3242 on: July 18, 2013, 09:42:13 am »
I don't understand how someone could be against abortion and condoms/emergency contraceptives at the same time.

Because "condoms and other contraceptives encourage kids to have sex instead of keeping their legs closed like good little Christian Girls!"

Also, some people view the Pill as another form of abortion.

Judaism doesn't, actually, and while elective abortion is prohibited, it's quite acceptable for couples to use contraception to delay having children until they're in a good financial situation. As long as they eventually get around to having kids, it's OK.

And those people are morons who are (probably willfully) ignorant on how biology works. The pill prevents pregnancy by emulating the hormone that disables ovulation while the woman is pregnant. There's no ripe egg to fertilize, thus no abortion.

<pro-life>But there would have been an egg to fertilize if the woman hadn't taken the pill, hence it's abortion by proxy!</pro-life>
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3243 on: July 18, 2013, 09:57:24 am »

That one is just fucking heinous >:(

Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3244 on: July 18, 2013, 10:44:33 am »

That one is just fucking heinous >:(

It took me a few attempts to find the offending image behind the broken link. (Am I the only one who can't follow those links directly?)

But once I did find the image I have to agree that it is horrible, insulting and I don't know how they could make any worse picture than that...

Don't they read what they write? Are they really so heartless or caught up in their ideology that they don't see how bad taste that was?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #3245 on: July 18, 2013, 11:23:39 am »
I can't follow the link & I still have no idea what it says.

Distind

« Reply #3246 on: July 18, 2013, 11:25:23 am »
Copy the URL manually, looks like they block incoming referals.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3247 on: July 18, 2013, 11:26:54 am »
I can't follow the link & I still have no idea what it says.

It's crap calling Trayvon Martin's parents bad parents, Trayvon an attempted murderer, DARVO stuff.

Just click on the link, then click on the address bar when the page loads, then press ENTER.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #3248 on: July 18, 2013, 11:48:17 am »

Here's what they have to say after conservatives on their page said that this goes too far

And they are still taking it too far by demanding the man their son tried to kill be imprisoned. When they admit Zimmerman was merely defending himself, then and only then do they deserve any sympathy.

If this artist is against women in combat, he's doing a crappy job showing it.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #3249 on: July 18, 2013, 03:32:10 pm »
That's it, someone find out who moderates LiberalLogic101 so I can submit him for an entry in the Encyclopedia of American Loons.

Seriously, these people are worse than scum. At this point, I don't care whether or not they're conservatives. I think they're just hateful loons that are too fanatically opposed to an ideology they don't even come remotely close to understanding.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3250 on: July 18, 2013, 05:30:11 pm »

Here's what they have to say after conservatives on their page said that this goes too far

And they are still taking it too far by demanding the man their son tried to kill be imprisoned. When they admit Zimmerman was merely defending himself, then and only then do they deserve any sympathy.

Zimmerman's ex once filed a restraining order against him in 2005 for domestic violence. That same year he was arrested for assaulting a police officer. He was also accused of molestation.
 He followed Martian despite the 911 dispatcher telling him not to. He never identified himself or told Martian what he was being suspected of doing. The medical examiner who examined Zimmerman disputed his claim that Martian slammed his head into the pavement. They even went so far as to state that Zimmerman's injuries were "very insignificant.”

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3251 on: July 18, 2013, 05:45:19 pm »
Ms. Fulton and Mr. Martin have been nothing but gracious, pleading for peace and justice. They are Christians of the non-fundie type, and actually follow the tenets of forgiveness. This vicious crap from LL is really beggin' for an Anon DOS smack-down of the site.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3252 on: July 18, 2013, 06:05:28 pm »
I am trying to decide if this is the worst it's a toss between that and one where it showed a pic of zoomed in boyscout shorts saying they'll be earning new merit badges now

Offline Iconic Komodo Dragon 2

• Bishop
  • Try not to bleed to much.
« Reply #3253 on: July 18, 2013, 07:06:41 pm »
You know, it's about fucking time someone made a counter to the Liblogic bullshit.

Religion should be allowed in schools!

(Unless said religion is Islam.)

Fundielogic101
(Are they honestly that goddamn stupid!?)

Pot: Dangerous and unhealthy

Letting random people secretly carry guns in public: Important for ensuring security.

Fundielogic101

Global Warming isn't real and not worth effort "fixing"

Homo marriage is wrong, my gut says so!

Fundielogic101

We must spare no expense keeping are nation safe from terrorists FOR THE CHILDREN™!

Why should I pay more taxes to pay for some guys insurance?

Fundielogic101

Letting people place any restrictions on me buying firearms is fascist and wrong!

We must pass laws against gays marrying!

Fundielogic101

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 07:31:04 pm by Iconic Komodo Dragon 2 »
I support the SCP Foundation.

I'm 91 kilograms, 2.59 meters long; Have 57 strains of bacteria in my mouth, and can eat 80% of my weight in food in a single sitting.
LAAAAYYYYDDDDIIEEES...( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3254 on: July 18, 2013, 07:07:31 pm »
I think Conservative Logic 101 is actually a thing.  I don't recall if it's local or elsewhere though and I can't be arsed to google it.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet