Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1672931 times)

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #4185 on: January 05, 2014, 03:58:05 am »
You should see the originals, then! :o

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4186 on: January 05, 2014, 04:56:51 am »
You should see the originals, then! :o

No thanks, I value having both eyesight and memories of my childhood.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4187 on: January 05, 2014, 12:55:34 pm »
Cagle, a moderate and well known cartoonist, is making bitter mock of conservative cartoonist McCoy (named intentionally misspelled with an A).
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4188 on: January 05, 2014, 01:24:10 pm »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4189 on: January 05, 2014, 01:40:21 pm »
"Apologies to Bill Watterson" does not excuse that abuse of Calvin and Hobbes, even as poorly copied as they are...
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4190 on: January 05, 2014, 04:18:10 pm »
And knowing how Bill Watterson is, he'll still probably sue.  And rightfully so.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4191 on: January 06, 2014, 10:49:43 am »

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4192 on: January 06, 2014, 12:24:55 pm »
I'm not sure I get it.  Is Pajama Boy supposed to be anyone in particular?

QueenofHearts

« Reply #4193 on: January 06, 2014, 12:44:54 pm »

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4194 on: January 06, 2014, 01:12:56 pm »
Oh, wow... That's new to me.  I need to get out more, I guess.  Or... in more...

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #4195 on: January 06, 2014, 02:59:37 pm »

The second top comment for this mentions that #3 is incorrect on the math and cue an argument about the validity of the entire pic.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4196 on: January 06, 2014, 03:37:32 pm »
The pic also assumes that all employees work 365 days a year...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4197 on: January 06, 2014, 03:38:31 pm »
I guess this is the closest thread there is to suit what I'm want to post. It's not a comic, but it is political stupidity that was comical.

So I'm sitting in the commons area in one of the building at the college I go to and in front of me are three girls talking and studying. I'd guess they where studying ethics or marketing because I heard one of them mention something about how car dealerships of have American flags and American flags "represent freedom", thereby subconsciously saying that if you buy their cars you'll have more freedom than if you didn't have a car. Sounds like bollucks but whatever. I wasn't really paying attention until I later heard on of them say the actual gem that inspired this post. I'll do my best to quote the comment word for word from memory, but at the very least it's paraphrased close enough.

"In Asia, when you're in the tenth grade, they make you take a test. This test tells you if you'll be a manual laborer, if you get to go to college, and what your job will be for the rest of your life. Russia does the same thing. Your lucky to have it so good here."

The two best parts are that the girl saying this looked to be in her early twenties and appeared to be Asian. See what's wrong with that? One, she was not born, or at least young when the Soviet Union still existed, and two, she should know Asia isn't a single country. She was apparently the "smart girl" as she was helping the other girl study.

This is supposed to be an institution of higher learning I'm sitting in and I'm hearing some of the stupidest shit I've heard in a while that isn't what my grandpa gets emailed from his friends about Obama. You'll like college they said, you won't have to deal with the idiots they said.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4198 on: January 06, 2014, 04:05:09 pm »
My guess that girl is like 4th gen AAPI or an east asian who bought into model minority

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4199 on: January 06, 2014, 04:52:54 pm »
The pic also assumes that all employees work 365 days a year...

I'm sure some employers would have them do that if they could...