Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1670894 times)

pyro

Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6060 on: November 12, 2015, 12:55:59 pm »
Maybe he isn't listening at the moment? Kinda like how some people put their sunglasses on top of their head when they aren't using them.

You're no fun anymore.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6061 on: November 12, 2015, 12:59:59 pm »
Maybe he isn't listening at the moment? Kinda like how some people put their sunglasses on top of their head when they aren't using them.

You're no fun anymore.
Have I ever been fun?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #6062 on: November 12, 2015, 02:23:26 pm »

You're no fun anymore.
Have I ever been fun?

Well, there was that one night where you got drunk and woke up wearing women's lingerie in a barn next to a very unsatisfied sheep...
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #6063 on: November 13, 2015, 01:30:16 am »
(click to show/hide)
Any clue what the fuck this is trying to say?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6064 on: November 13, 2015, 03:48:44 am »
Quite simple actually. The artist is confused because some people say that they are transgender or genderqueer etc. and the artist believes this means that they have "chosen" to be transgender rather than being born as one. (Kinda like many of those insults about Caitlyn Jenner that have been on the net recently. Note that the transwoman has been drawn to look like a guy, beard and all...) Meanwhile we have people who claim that gender is just a social construct and others who say that they didn't "choose to be women" and should not be punished simply for being a woman. (I assume that this refers to things like the wage cap and other inequalities.)

Finally, we have all those writings on the woman in the middle: The artist thinks that it is kinda confusing that women dress to make themselves look sexy but still demand that no one should have sex with them unless they consent to it. And yes, that is what the artist's argument boils down to. "If she didn't want to get raped why did she dress so provocatively? If women don't want men to stare at them why won't they wear a burgha or something?"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #6065 on: November 13, 2015, 10:53:27 am »
And I believe the cartoonist is under the impression that all gender-leftists (for lack of a better term) are a hive mind and therefore all these people with their different stances are self-contradictory or something.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6066 on: November 13, 2015, 11:05:54 am »
I'm also getting a potential allusion to the old Same sex is a lifestyle choice, gays deny that, but oh lookie here, they say gender is a choice, so hypocrite much. Derp.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6067 on: November 13, 2015, 02:44:23 pm »
And I believe the cartoonist is under the impression that all gender-leftists (for lack of a better term) are a hive mind and therefore all these people with their different stances are self-contradictory or something.

This is what the artist is trying to convey. The assumption that all SJWs (for lack of a better term) follow the same beliefs and are thus contradicting themselves. When everyone knows the real truth is that there are /two/ hive minds, obviously. And that they are at war with each other.

P.S.: If I wasn't on mobile, I would make those last two sentences blue.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6068 on: November 13, 2015, 03:26:02 pm »
i wouldn't've bothered with blueing the last line, honestly. sjw's tear into each other as often as they tear into bigots.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Even Then

« Reply #6069 on: November 13, 2015, 03:30:49 pm »
Wow, it's almost like "SJW" covers enough ideological groups so as to be completely meaningless as a descriptor or something.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6070 on: November 13, 2015, 03:32:18 pm »
Wow, it's almost like "SJW" covers enough ideological groups so as to be completely meaningless as a descriptor or something.

it's less an ideological group, and more of a (toxic) mindset, wouldn't you say?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6071 on: November 13, 2015, 04:30:41 pm »

Indeed. When actually there are ridiculously bloody feuds between people over these sort of different conceptions of gender (e.g. TERFs vs trans people).
Σא

Offline Eiki-mun

• The Beast
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6072 on: November 13, 2015, 05:07:33 pm »

Indeed. When actually there are ridiculously bloody feuds between people over these sort of different conceptions of gender (e.g. TERFs vs trans people).

Which are the "two hive minds" I was referring to, yes. TERFs and Tumblr Transgenders (different from normal transgender people, obviously)
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6073 on: November 13, 2015, 08:33:41 pm »
...you do know I'm a tumblr transgender person, right?
Σא

Offline Eiki-mun

• The Beast
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6074 on: November 13, 2015, 08:46:04 pm »
...you do know I'm a tumblr transgender person, right?

Nah. At least, not in my mind. In my mind, you're "Tumblr Transgender" if you use words like "genderpunk", "juxera", or "orbself". Not just being agender.