Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1676421 times)

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6225 on: January 13, 2016, 12:57:43 pm »
in french, that's called "délit de faciès" when you're polite, "délit de sale gueule" when you're honest.

(litt: facial misdemeanor, and ugly mug misdemeanor)

meaning that just because you look skeezy, you're a criminal. by skeezy i mean anything from having tattoos and long hair to being brown.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6226 on: January 14, 2016, 05:50:55 pm »
That's thing about attacking PC in particular, it isn't a blanket rejection of any hindrance to free expression or a rejection of mores and standards which mean certain things cannot be said. It is not really a free speech argument but being upset that the mores and morals which govern public discourse have changed. So in essence the complaints about PC are usually reactionary complaints about how those mores and morals have changed. Now there are exceptions and those are usually the people who reject that social constraint outright and do not harken back to a comfortable set of constraints but want to move forward to where you can say whatever the fuck you want.

Now for my part I suspect UP would fall into the former category whereas I suspect Art's position is the latter category.

And my position is fuck you crackers...

Well, in my case, it's partly that I don't want every little thing I say to be scrutinized for anything that could be taken as having offensive subtext.  I'm sick and tired of having to watch every little thing I say be taken as a comment that may hurt some insecure snowflake's precious fee-fees.

And it causes legitimate problems in society.  I mean, when supporting meritocracy is labelled a "micro-aggression," something is wrong.

Once again did you even read the link?

From the Meritocracy subset of the microaggressions:

"Of course he’ll get tenure, even though he hasn’t
published much

he’s Black!"

Fact is life isn't a level playing field we all start out at different points and have a different incline in the race we run. Again UP if you aren't a prick you are worrying over nothing. Or if you are a prick embrace it your fucking cracker.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6227 on: January 14, 2016, 06:56:50 pm »
That's thing about attacking PC in particular, it isn't a blanket rejection of any hindrance to free expression or a rejection of mores and standards which mean certain things cannot be said. It is not really a free speech argument but being upset that the mores and morals which govern public discourse have changed. So in essence the complaints about PC are usually reactionary complaints about how those mores and morals have changed. Now there are exceptions and those are usually the people who reject that social constraint outright and do not harken back to a comfortable set of constraints but want to move forward to where you can say whatever the fuck you want.

Now for my part I suspect UP would fall into the former category whereas I suspect Art's position is the latter category.

And my position is fuck you crackers...

Well, in my case, it's partly that I don't want every little thing I say to be scrutinized for anything that could be taken as having offensive subtext.  I'm sick and tired of having to watch every little thing I say be taken as a comment that may hurt some insecure snowflake's precious fee-fees.

And it causes legitimate problems in society.  I mean, when supporting meritocracy is labelled a "micro-aggression," something is wrong.

Once again did you even read the link?

From the Meritocracy subset of the microaggressions:

"Of course he’ll get tenure, even though he hasn’t
published much

he’s Black!"

Fact is life isn't a level playing field we all start out at different points and have a different incline in the race we run. Again UP if you aren't a prick you are worrying over nothing. Or if you are a prick embrace it your fucking cracker.

That's not what I was talking about, cheese.  It's some of the other quotes I have a problem with.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6228 on: January 14, 2016, 08:57:15 pm »
UP, maybe stop surfing around in the flakier parts of Tumblr for a while. It's made you a bit paranoid and blindered when we're trying to discuss the actual reasons and relative merits behind changes in contemporary mores and ethics.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #6229 on: January 16, 2016, 08:18:51 pm »
UP, maybe stop surfing around in the flakier parts of Tumblr for a while. It's made you a bit paranoid and blindered when we're trying to discuss the actual reasons and relative merits behind changes in contemporary mores and ethics.

However, when your goal is to discredit social justice in the first place, surfing around the flakier parts of Tumblr is how you gather ammo.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6230 on: January 16, 2016, 09:09:35 pm »

However, when your goal is to discredit social justice in the first place, surfing around the flakier parts of Tumblr is how you gather ammo.

If I really wanted to discredit social justice, I wouldn't have to plunge that deep.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #6231 on: January 16, 2016, 09:11:46 pm »

If I really wanted to discredit social justice, I wouldn't have to plunge that deep.

And yet, that is your modus operandi. Any time you want to complain about uppity minorities, the first thing you do is go to tumblr, find someone saying something stupid, and act as though they are representative of the whole. For example, using Die Cis Scum from a few tumblrinas to act as though cisphobia is totally a thing.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6232 on: January 16, 2016, 09:32:15 pm »

And yet, that is your modus operandi. Any time you want to complain about uppity minorities,

Glad to see you're not letting your biases get the better of you.

the first thing you do is go to tumblr, find someone saying something stupid, and act as though they are representative of the whole.

No, I don't.  I use them to show that sometimes, the monster fighters become monstrous themselves.

For example, using Die Cis Scum from a few tumblrinas to act as though cisphobia is totally a thing.

Because it is.  And it's caused actual harm, to a trans boy no less.

Are all trans people cisphobic?  No.  Are all trans rights activists cisphobic?  No.  Is cisphobia as bad as transphobia?  If you look at the actual damage, no.  But that doesn't mean I'm going to let it go ignored.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6233 on: January 17, 2016, 12:10:28 am »
White Knighting for white boys, yeah. Yawn.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #6234 on: January 17, 2016, 11:57:51 am »
Did somebody say cisphobia? Oh boy, my favorite subject! Let's start with a few direct questions for Ultimate Persecution Complex Paragon!

• Why are you more concerned with the negligible harm caused to cis people due to cisphobia than the life-ruining harm caused to trans people due to transphobia?
  • Do you still hold the opinion that oppression is a two-way street unless it's noble gamerboobers being oppresed by the eeeevil ess jay doubleyoos?)
  • Do you hold up the opinions of the few members of the oppressed class who agree with you against the numerous people that disagree with you because you think that members of The Other are a hivemind with all Real members sharing your opinion, or is it just because you're an ass?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6235 on: January 17, 2016, 12:01:49 pm »
Did somebody say cisphobia? Oh boy, my favorite subject! Let's start with a few direct questions for Ultimate Persecution Complex Paragon!

• Why are you more concerned with the negligible harm caused to cis people due to cisphobia than the life-ruining harm caused to trans people due to transphobia?

I don't.  I just think it's bad.

• Do you still hold the opinion that oppression is a two-way street unless it's noble gamerboobers being oppresed by the eeeevil ess jay doubleyoos?)

I don't think "oppression" is the right word.  Something like "bigotry" probably works better in this case.

And I'd like some evidence of actual harm done by GamerGate.

• Do you hold up the opinions of the few members of the oppressed class who agree with you against the numerous people that disagree with you because you think that members of The Other are a hivemind with all Real members sharing your opinion, or is it just because you're an ass?

Even if you were correct about the opinions they hold, what's right isn't always what's popular, and vice versa.

Even Then

« Reply #6236 on: January 17, 2016, 12:19:00 pm »
Allright, you guys, take it to F&B.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #6237 on: January 17, 2016, 03:17:30 pm »
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Even Then

« Reply #6238 on: January 17, 2016, 03:24:28 pm »
Seals are carnivorous predators too. Mallard Fillmyasswithpineapples fails both at biology and at not being an ass.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6239 on: January 17, 2016, 03:33:38 pm »
And you gotta love the implication that trans people are predatory.