Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1676277 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6345 on: April 26, 2016, 05:54:24 pm »
What is it with this depiction of Hillary? Is she supposed to be the Wicked Witch of the Left Wing?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

pyro

« Reply #6346 on: April 26, 2016, 08:24:12 pm »
What is it with this depiction of Hillary? Is she supposed to be the Wicked Witch of the Left Wing?

Yes? (I won't bother mentioning that she's about as left wing as a centrist is.)

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6347 on: April 27, 2016, 04:01:58 am »
AF Branco is incapable of drawing a flattering - or often recognisable - charicature (sp?)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6348 on: April 27, 2016, 04:20:56 am »
Didn't you know? Conservative women are pretty like Palin while Lieberals are ugly sjws or old hags. (or fake women because transphhobia is still popular)

...Because a woman's worth is measured by her appearance.

Or at least that seems to be the argument quite often.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

pyro

« Reply #6349 on: April 27, 2016, 01:41:39 pm »
AF Branco is incapable of drawing a flattering - or often recognisable - charicature (sp?)

That seems to be the case, yeah.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6350 on: April 28, 2016, 05:14:54 am »
Man, look at all that concentrated bile  *shudders*

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6351 on: May 03, 2016, 12:00:49 pm »

...Huh?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6352 on: May 03, 2016, 05:19:11 pm »
Original:

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6353 on: May 03, 2016, 11:57:12 pm »
I was going to say that the "statist" comments weren't that bad really. Demanding to use your right to free healthcare, which if it exist in that comic is just exercising your rights and if it doesn't then it probably should at least in my opinion. The second panel is debatable, I'm not sure how good the business idea that the fish has come up with actually is within that comic universe but a useful business idea that improves employment rates domestically is a good thing. And the third panel is either a stab at people who oppose refugees getting into your country or it's simply demand that people are hired to do a job only if they are qualified to do it. Not sure which it is supposed to be, then again it was written by a Libertarian and I still don't understand them completely.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6354 on: May 04, 2016, 12:15:01 am »
After reading the cat one a few times I think it's about gun control.  "You can't let just anyone have a gun.  How do you know he's qualified to have a gun?  Has he been trained to use one, is he licensed?"  I'm not really sure because whatever he's talking about stray cats is a terrible metaphor.

Not sure which it is supposed to be, then again it was written by a Libertarian and I still don't understand them completely.

You're probably overthinking it.  They're just yelling "Fuck you I got mine!"  It's not too complicated.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #6355 on: May 04, 2016, 11:48:41 pm »
I was going to say that the "statist" comments weren't that bad really. Demanding to use your right to free healthcare, which if it exist in that comic is just exercising your rights and if it doesn't then it probably should at least in my opinion. The second panel is debatable, I'm not sure how good the business idea that the fish has come up with actually is within that comic universe but a useful business idea that improves employment rates domestically is a good thing. And the third panel is either a stab at people who oppose refugees getting into your country or it's simply demand that people are hired to do a job only if they are qualified to do it. Not sure which it is supposed to be, then again it was written by a Libertarian and I still don't understand them completely.

I'm pretty sure the last one is meant to be a shot at closed-shop unions, but I agree, it's particularly poorly executed.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6356 on: May 05, 2016, 12:07:10 am »

I'm pretty sure the last one is meant to be a shot at closed-shop unions, but I agree, it's particularly poorly executed.

I thought it was about requiring tertiary education for employment

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6357 on: May 09, 2016, 08:36:44 am »
Or, maybe it's just a really half-arsed metaphor that doesn't stand up to scrutiny!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #6358 on: May 15, 2016, 01:48:51 am »

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6359 on: May 15, 2016, 10:42:49 am »
How attractive the presidents wife is, an issue of unbelievable importance.

« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 10:44:42 am by Skybison »