Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1673694 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6375 on: May 30, 2016, 07:07:23 pm »
Leaving aside the homoerotic overundertone I think the cartoon is suggesting that while the Americans are all talk the Russians take action. Kind of ignores the amount of bombs the yanks are dropping in Syria

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #6376 on: May 31, 2016, 01:19:09 am »
We're dropping so many bombs we're starting to run out.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6377 on: May 31, 2016, 01:47:23 am »
We're dropping so many bombs we're starting to run out.

Which makes the whole thing about wanting Obama to do more or characterizing his intervention as meaningless words a little silly.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6378 on: June 04, 2016, 11:29:30 pm »
Because standing next to each other Obama doesn't tower over Putin at all:

What is this even about?

Conservatives want to be dominated by a strong soviet manly man, no homo though (or maximum homo, depends who you ask)

Considering the worrying preponderance of fascists who happen to be homosexual, perhaps there is a deliberate overtone in the "we want to be led by a strong, manly man leader".

Jorg Heider for example demanded his bodyguards be "muscular, blond Aryan men". Presumably so he could ogle them in them tight fascist outfits.

I kind of pity the bastards considering what their preferred form of government invariably does to homosexuals.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6379 on: June 04, 2016, 11:31:15 pm »
Because standing next to each other Obama doesn't tower over Putin at all:

What is this even about?

Conservatives want to be dominated by a strong soviet manly man, no homo though (or maximum homo, depends who you ask)

Considering the worrying preponderance of fascists who happen to be homosexual, perhaps there is a deliberate overtone in the "we want to be led by a strong, manly man leader".

Jorg Heider for example demanded his bodyguards be "muscular, blond Aryan men". Presumably so he could ogle them in them tight fascist outfits.

I kind of pity the bastards considering what their preferred form of government invariably does to homosexuals.

You'd think these people would learn from what happened to the SA.

Even Then

« Reply #6380 on: June 05, 2016, 07:47:17 am »
That kind of reductionist logic is so easy to apply to everything else, too.

People are repeatedly catcalling you as you walk down the street? What, you're getting mad over air vibrations getting into your ears?
A stalker's following you home? What, you're getting mad over a person being near you?
Someone beats the shit out of you? What, you're getting mad over muscle and bone coming into contact with your body?

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6381 on: June 05, 2016, 04:23:18 pm »
Wanna bet that cartoonist gets infuriated if people call him sexist or criticize video games he likes?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6382 on: June 06, 2016, 01:51:27 am »

(click to show/hide)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6383 on: June 07, 2016, 03:18:32 pm »

EDIT:
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 06:12:09 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6384 on: June 09, 2016, 09:01:06 am »
Oh, please, like they'd need your signature to steal your shit.  All a corrupt officer needs is a flimsy excuse and the words "civil forfeiture."  Then, they can take whatever the fuck they want.  Yet, folks wonder why people don't trust the cops and keep calling them "pigs."  Though, honestly, I feel that's an insult to pigs who are, in my experience, eminently reasonable and intelligent creatures, unlike many humans.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6385 on: June 10, 2016, 01:10:41 am »

Okay, what.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6386 on: June 10, 2016, 01:59:44 am »
Is it just me or does that cop look like Ted Cruz?

@Paragon

Hey I know that picture.  It's from a science fiction book called Man after Man, where following an ecological collapse humans are genetically engineered into various species to fill the lost ecological niches.  The wooly human fills the role of large herbivores and the brown creature is created as an apex predator. 

Some idiot added a star of david for some reason.  I guess the point is that we need Jews to keep the population of white people under control so they don't eat up the food supply.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6387 on: June 10, 2016, 02:30:38 am »
Looks like something out of a fever dream.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6388 on: June 16, 2016, 09:29:50 am »

...This contains about as much truth as the Russian version of the Crimean events.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6389 on: June 17, 2016, 10:55:43 pm »
So in the second worst thing I learned today, racist Trump fans (but I repeat myself) have made a popular internet meme about Trump throwing Clinton, Sanders and left wingers in general out of helicopters inspired by Augusto Pinochet's practice of murdering people the same way.

I don't want to stain my browser history by looking them up, but you can see some of them here
http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2016/06/17/memeday-if-donald-trump-offers-you-a-free-helicopter-ride-say-no/#more-24075

The worst part is how unsurprised I am Trump fans are making memes about mass murder.