Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1674355 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #1290 on: June 12, 2012, 02:02:10 am »
You know what?

Fuck "Blame the Victim" mentality.  Everyone who participates in that should get slapped by their own hand.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1291 on: June 12, 2012, 02:28:00 am »

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #1292 on: June 12, 2012, 03:25:33 am »

I'd say "Citation Needed", but I think we all know that this is bullshit.

I'm pretty sure depression and anxiety don't go away after 12 minutes.

A psychiatrist I had once called me socially retarded and told me that I have zero friends and am emotionally stunted, etc. etc.. When I got upset and refused to cooperate with her because she was being an ugly cuntface, she used that "12 minutes" line on me, I shit you not. (No, I still wouldn't cooperate.) It's still a little triggering for me because it only happened to me last week, and sent me spiraling into a pretty horrible bout of depression.

I'm not saying you have to spoiler it though, I'll get over what happened... but at my own pace.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1293 on: June 12, 2012, 03:33:30 am »
*hugs Wykked and doesn't let go*
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #1294 on: June 12, 2012, 07:13:25 am »
How the fuck can you get through med school with an attitude like that?

(Don’t answer that. I know there’s pleny of bullshit there. It’s just… Aargh!)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:15:24 am by N. De Plume »
-A Pen Name

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #1295 on: June 12, 2012, 08:02:45 am »
Last I knew, the "12 minutes" thing is referring to the chemical processes in the brain that generate and sustain a particular emotion - in other words, "happy" (or whatever) takes approximately 12 minutes to disperse into the body, and anything more than that is a result of the brain re-visiting the initial emotional trigger that generated the production of those chemicals in the first place. If your brain didn't (reflexively) re-visit the initial trigger, you would only experience your emotions - no matter how intense - for approximately a quarter-hour.

I have no idea if that's true or complete bullshit - and either way it doesn't invalidate someone's feelings - but that's how I understand it.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #1296 on: June 12, 2012, 12:50:51 pm »

A psychiatrist I had once called me socially retarded and told me that I have zero friends and am emotionally stunted, etc. etc.. When I got upset and refused to cooperate with her because she was being an ugly cuntface, she used that "12 minutes" line on me, I shit you not. (No, I still wouldn't cooperate.) It's still a little triggering for me because it only happened to me last week, and sent me spiraling into a pretty horrible bout of depression.

I'm not saying you have to spoiler it though, I'll get over what happened... but at my own pace.

Isn't transferring blame for the consequences of one's actions onto another a classic sign of an abuser?

"You're the one with the problem.  You made me hit you."

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1297 on: June 12, 2012, 02:55:34 pm »
[SNIP]

O.O *hugs tha Wytch*  Holy fuck...I'm sorry, Wykked.  As a person who once considered taking up the psychiatric profession, what that person did is unconscionable and does not represent the profession as a whole.  Not that I think you think that, of course...just sayin.  That prick needs their license revoked and get a nice set of steel-toe boots lodged in their rectum.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1298 on: June 12, 2012, 03:00:06 pm »
Indeed... I don't know where that quack got their license, but a psychiatrist treating their patient that way is cruel and uncaring.  That's beyond 'tough love' type counseling.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #1299 on: June 12, 2012, 05:52:18 pm »
You know what? Now that I think about it, she reminds me of Simms, the chief psychiatrist from A Nightmare on Elm Street 3—which I admit I am only making the connection because I recently watched it. But she was trying to guilt the kids and blame their nightmare problems on them. Unfortunately, Freddy Kruger only targets teens, so she survived the movie. If she were in a Friday the 13th film, though, she would likely have gotten some Karmic vengeance. (And, indeed, an even bigger asshole of a psychiatrist does get taken down by Jason in Part VII.)
-A Pen Name

Offline TigerHunter

• Bishop
« Reply #1300 on: June 12, 2012, 06:36:17 pm »
Even if you were socially retarded and emotionally stunted and the twelve minutes bullshit was true, it doesn't matter. The entire point of his job is to help you through that. The mind boggles at how someone in the profession could think that.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1301 on: June 12, 2012, 08:53:48 pm »
Even if you were socially retarded and emotionally stunted and the twelve minutes bullshit was true, it doesn't matter. The entire point of his job is to help you through that. The mind boggles at how someone in the profession could think that.

My mind doesn't boggle.  It knows.

It's about power.  Having power over other people.  Some people are drawn to the therapist field because it gives them power over their patients.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1302 on: June 12, 2012, 09:01:16 pm »
It's more than insensitive; it's incompetent. You could have got her fired and disbarred. Obviously not right away during the depression, but you could even go ahead and make a complaint now, depending on how long ago it was.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #1303 on: June 12, 2012, 09:04:37 pm »
It's more than insensitive; it's incompetent. You could have got her fired and disbarred. Obviously not right away during the depression, but you could even go ahead and make a complaint now, depending on how long ago it was.

We actually are filing a complaint. It's not too long ago.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1304 on: June 12, 2012, 09:08:37 pm »
Good on you. That's a very brave step and you should be very proud of yourself. I say that with the most force I can. Bad doctors need to be fired, particularly bad shrinks.

If you need any help at all, I will do my best from a few continents away. I'm sure loads of other FSTDTers think the same.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR