Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1672468 times)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #1650 on: September 23, 2012, 03:40:03 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1651 on: September 23, 2012, 04:54:38 pm »
It is considered life... in the same way that skin cells and trees are considered life.

If Pro-lifers really are concerned about life, then they'd object to people cutting down trees, because "it's life".  The more extreme ones could lament humanity's incessant "habit" of killing skin cells and shedding them without even so much as a thought.

No one is saying fetuses aren't alive.  They are, however, saying that they are not persons yet.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TigerHunter

• Bishop
« Reply #1652 on: September 23, 2012, 06:19:55 pm »
Sigh.

Life is a continuous process that started billions of years ago and has been ongoing ever since. Sperm and egg cells are alive, as are zygotes, embryos and fetuses. The question is not whether those things are alive, the question is whether they carry the same weight as a human being.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1653 on: September 23, 2012, 06:32:48 pm »
A single cell on Mars would be considered life (and have rights I guess). So why don't you consider that cancer cell on your prostate life?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #1654 on: September 24, 2012, 12:02:58 am »
Alright, yet another excuse to argue against a pro-lifer/anti-choicer's macro carrying their arguements on what is "life." Allow me to argue about what is "life," and also, what is "sentience."

Egg cells, sperm cells, embryo/fetus = not sentient.

Newborn baby, older human being = sentient.

This is why contraception (sperm cells are blocked from the uterus and/or prevented from fertilizing the egg), menstruation (the egg cell shreds the walls of the uterus, causing vaginal bleeding), masturbation (sperm cells are ejaculated from the penis, usually to be caught by tissue or toilet paper or even land on someone else), non-procreative sex (notably oral or anal sex, sex with the use of contraceptives like condoms or spermicides and non-penetrative sex), and finally, abortion (terminating an embryo or fetus and removing it from the womb, most commonly by the vacuum tube method) are not heinous while infanticide (killing a baby after birth) is. But of course, anti-choicers (depending on how zealous and militant they are) would like to claim that killing any or all of the above non-sentient lifeforms is like killing the sentient lifeform. Then again, I am an unapologetic supporter of abortion and contraception and I am saddened by the very fact that so many politicians and "grannies" are fighting against our choices and expecting women to be breeders and not someone of as much importance as a man. Lastly, I would like to say that to claim that an egg cell (fertilized or not), sperm cells, and an embryo/fetus are people is batshit insane and I don't know why it's so hard to argue against it in states like Oklahoma, Virginia, and where else this bullshit "Personhood Amendment" is in place.

(I would like to dedicate this post to Paul Ryan, who is the new Rick Santorum, and who should stick a tampon up his ass. I would also like to dedicate this lengthy post to all those assholes who have approved of the Personhood Amendment and who are defunding and even hindering funding for Planned Parenthood, despite the fact that abortions are only 3% of their services.)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1655 on: September 24, 2012, 05:28:54 pm »
Alright, yet another excuse to argue against a pro-lifer/anti-choicer's macro carrying their arguements on what is "life." Allow me to argue about what is "life," and also, what is "sentience."

This is why contraception (sperm cells are blocked from the uterus and/or prevented from fertilizing the egg), menstruation (the egg cell shreds the walls of the uterus, causing vaginal bleeding), masturbation (sperm cells are ejaculated from the penis, usually to be caught by tissue or toilet paper or even land on someone else), non-procreative sex (notably oral or anal sex, sex with the use of contraceptives like condoms or spermicides and non-penetrative sex), and finally, abortion (terminating an embryo or fetus and removing it from the womb, most commonly by the vacuum tube method) are not heinous while infanticide (killing a baby after birth) is. But of course, anti-choicers (depending on how zealous and militant they are) would like to claim that killing any or all of the above non-sentient lifeforms is like killing the sentient lifeform. Then again, I am an unapologetic supporter of abortion and contraception and I am saddened by the very fact that so many politicians and "grannies" are fighting against our choices and expecting women to be breeders and not someone of as much importance as a man. Lastly, I would like to say that to claim that an egg cell (fertilized or not), sperm cells, and an embryo/fetus are people is batshit insane and I don't know why it's so hard to argue against it in states like Oklahoma, Virginia, and where else this bullshit "Personhood Amendment" is in place.

(I would like to dedicate this post to Paul Ryan, who is the new Rick Santorum, and who should stick a tampon up his ass. I would also like to dedicate this lengthy post to all those assholes who have approved of the Personhood Amendment and who are defunding and even hindering funding for Planned Parenthood, despite the fact that abortions are only 3% of their services.)

I live in Oklahoma and I know of at least one abortion clinic in my city. Though there are almost always obnoxious signs or cross "memorials" to the dead "babies" out from, at least the few times I've been past the area.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1656 on: September 25, 2012, 07:27:36 pm »

Funny how conservatives bitch about people being on food stamps, but haven't done shit to help people move off of food stamps.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1657 on: September 25, 2012, 07:36:54 pm »

Funny how conservatives bitch about people being on food stamps, but haven't done shit to help people move off of food stamps.

You mean... Actually... Interact with p-p-poor people?! What? You think they're actually people?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1658 on: September 25, 2012, 08:27:01 pm »
Conservatives are too good to actually, actively deal with us tiny, meaningless drones.  The queen bees don't bother themselves with the workers.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #1659 on: September 25, 2012, 09:45:27 pm »

You mean... Actually... Interact with p-p-poor people?! What? You think they're actually people?

The economy was in free fall when Obama took over, and when that happens, people will be added to the food stamp program.  Oh, and 14.7 million people started food stamps under Bush II, so how about that for the "food stamp president."
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1660 on: September 25, 2012, 10:04:24 pm »
According to conservatives, Obama is responsible for everything that occurred on or after January 1 2009.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1661 on: September 25, 2012, 10:11:11 pm »
According to conservatives, Obama is responsible for everything that occurred on or after January 1 2009.

The stupider ones think everything was hunky-dory before 11 November 2008, then shit exploded because a black guy came into office.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #1662 on: September 25, 2012, 11:22:28 pm »

While I am sure first term embryos are not sentient, the later stages of pregnancy is a serious grey area for me.  I know the fetus doesn't really change in any significant biological way at the moment of birth, except for its environment and some systemic disengagements... So that sentience, the ability to experience and process stimulation, must come at some point during the fetal development, and I'm not sure where.
But if a fetus has the same level of awareness and capacity to feel pain as, say, a newborn puppy, I would consider it wrong to kill it for any reason it would be wrong to kill the puppy.
That said, the wart on my thumb is alive and I am totally aborting it.
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #1663 on: September 26, 2012, 01:41:55 am »

Well given that they would rather sick people die than receive medical care, one can only assume that their approach and plan to help move people off food stamps is to have all the poor people die of sickness or hunger.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #1664 on: September 26, 2012, 01:53:48 am »

The stupider ones think everything was hunky-dory before 11 November 2008, then shit exploded because a black guy came into office.

I remember seeing bathroom graffiti of "RIP America 1776-2008" only a few days/weeks after the election had concluded.