Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1114251 times)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1935 on: April 17, 2013, 07:00:01 am »
Interestingly, there are quite substantial restrictions (and rightly so) on bomb equipment like ammonium nitrate in Australia. Are there similar restrictions in the US?
Farmers have to go through some serious pains in the ass to get fertilizer in bulk from what I know, so yeah. Unless you know a farmer who passed chemistry with a preference for craters.

Kinda ruins the gunners' argument, doesn't it?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1936 on: April 17, 2013, 07:09:12 am »
If it was that easy to make the extremes of each side shut up...

Also it appears prior to the Boston marathon fundies were protesting it. I wonder if they feel bad about this one:

« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:59:35 am by Commander Shepard »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #1937 on: April 17, 2013, 10:11:14 am »
If it was that easy to make the extremes of each side shut up...

Also it appears prior to the Boston marathon fundies were protesting it. I wonder if they feel bad about this one:

Nope, not exceedingly bad. Zealot uber fundies like that will see it as the hand of gawd acting through the bomber. And a lot of other fundies will be screaming and pointing at "ay-rabs" even more if the evidence starts pointing to the bomber being, if not actually "one of them", at somebody within their general socio-political spectrum.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #1938 on: April 17, 2013, 10:54:34 am »
Interestingly, there are quite substantial restrictions (and rightly so) on bomb equipment like ammonium nitrate in Australia. Are there similar restrictions in the US?
Farmers have to go through some serious pains in the ass to get fertilizer in bulk from what I know, so yeah. Unless you know a farmer who passed chemistry with a preference for craters.

Most don't seem to know this and fewer seem to care.

Same problem when they make the car deaths vs gun deaths arguments. Besides the cherry picking, cars have had regulations to make them safer, we register them and yet there are more cars today then ever.

That's something somebody should know just by being alive.

Sigh.. this shit just bugs the crap out of me.  This really has nothing do with guns except maybe that:

They may pass laws to make such a thing harder to do hopefully and yet no one will be screaming about a "pressure cooker ban"

If it turns out ot be a right winger attacking the "government" (and there's no proof right now that it is), it becomes a problem for the gun nuts hat say we need military capable weapons to protect us from the government.

Found this one linked on Rapture Ready:

To go along with all the sodomy that has been happening in heterosexual marriages for centuries.

Do fundies really think that gay people or anyone for that matter, are unable to have sex until the state gives them a license?

Pretty sure if marriage was about sex, gay people wouldn't be going to the bother.

Gawds some people I just want to slap with a fish.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 11:05:56 am by booley »
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Distind

« Reply #1939 on: April 17, 2013, 11:00:33 am »

Most don't seem to know this and fewer seem to care.

Same problem when they make the car deaths vs gun deaths arguments. Besides the cherry picking, cars have had regulations to make them safer, we register them and yet there are more cars today then ever.

That's something somebody should know just by being alive.
There's also the point that the amount restrictions are largely intended to prevent things like the old WTC bombing where someone filled a UHaul with a massive ferilizer bomb rather than smaller scale explosions. Though I don't remember just how effective such bombs are on a smaller scale. Though it's not really relevant here as the explosions appear to be black powder, which is rather easy to make from it's base ingredients, just so old most people never consider it.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #1940 on: April 17, 2013, 06:14:40 pm »
The bomb site must have smelt dreadful, like rotten eggs.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #1941 on: April 17, 2013, 09:47:15 pm »

And, y'know, burnt flesh and blood. I'm thinking that people were more focused on the horrible human tragedy than the stank.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1942 on: April 17, 2013, 10:24:14 pm »

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1943 on: April 17, 2013, 10:29:30 pm »

If you mean the sulfur smell of burnt gunpowder, then I wouldn't call the smell dreadful. I quite like the smell of freshly lit fireworks. I also like the smell of gasoline, but, of course, not the effects of prolonged inhalation of the fumes.

Before you ask, yes, I do have all my arm hair and eyebrows.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1944 on: April 17, 2013, 10:32:33 pm »

If you mean the sulfur smell of burnt gunpowder, then I wouldn't call the smell dreadful. I quite like the smell of freshly lit fireworks. I also like the smell of gasoline, but, of course, not the effects of prolonged inhalation of the fumes.

My Mom likes the smell of gasoline.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1945 on: April 18, 2013, 07:58:54 am »

I like the smell of it in low doses.

Let's just say after trying to be in a low area where everyone and their grandmother was lighting off fireworks and it settled in the valley you kinda like to only smell it at a distance.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #1946 on: April 18, 2013, 08:48:32 am »
Blackpowder does not smell like gunpower. It has substantially more sulphor, I think, and so it's a lot stronger.

-FDR

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #1947 on: April 18, 2013, 03:02:47 pm »
Blackpowder does not smell like gunpower. It has substantially more sulphor, I think, and so it's a lot stronger.

I thought they were the same thing.

Distind

« Reply #1948 on: April 18, 2013, 03:06:44 pm »

I thought they were the same thing.
Modern gunpowered is a descendant of it, but better was figured out about the mid 1800s. I think the first major advancement was smokeless powder that lived up to it's name and packed a bit more explosive force for it's size.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #1949 on: April 18, 2013, 04:49:07 pm »
It reminds me of the original version of Cinderella... now that's scary shit.

You mean Aschenputtel

"Turn and peep, turn and peep, there's blood within the shoe. The shoe it is too small for her, the true bride waits for you"

And so the evil stepsisters were forced to go blind all the rest of their lives.

Now if you want trippy Grimm tales, look up "One-Eye, Two-Eyes, and Three-Eyes."
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!