Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1116143 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #3930 on: February 25, 2015, 10:13:57 am »
Rabbits are actually highly competitive, males fight for dominance, they form colony clans, defend their territory from outsider rabbit clans, post sentries to alert for predators, etc. Poor choice for an analogy.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3931 on: February 25, 2015, 10:24:10 am »
Rabbits are actually highly competitive, males fight for dominance, they form colony clans, defend their territory from outsider rabbit clans, post sentries to alert for predators, etc. Poor choice for an analogy.

Eeyup! Bunnies are some seriously FIERCE FUZZ!

The bunnies! They're taking over the woooooorrrrrdddd! It's the cutest apocalypse ever! ALL HAIL OUR BUNNY OVERLORDS!!!!!

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #3932 on: February 25, 2015, 05:34:42 pm »

Waaaaait a minute, isn't "karma" a concept in Eastern religion?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3933 on: February 25, 2015, 06:30:26 pm »
Even on /tg/ more people said that this was a goddamn stupid claim than approved it.

Interestingly enough, the evidence runs exactly counter to his argument. From U.S. Presidential Elections and the Spatial Pattern of the American “Second Demographic Transition” [PDF]

In other words, it should not come as a surprise that areas with more unconventional forms of family formation, such as cohabitation, children born to cohabitors, postponement of partnership, marriage and parenthood to much later ages, and acceptance of interference with fertility through abortion and efficient contraception, are voting for Democrats. Conversely, those that retain classic forms of family formation (early marriage and parenthood) and more conventional gender roles should display a preference for Republicans.

Also, look, a map of fertility rates by state:

Higher birth rates and offspring at earlier age are properties of conservatives, not liberals.

Of course, r/K selection strategies don't really apply to political orientation anyway, since it is not (entirely) hereditary. Your equation* would need a term for people switching political parties from their parents, which is arguably what the liberal strategy emphasises.

*the terms r and K come from a differential equation model of population growth, r stands in for growth rate and K for carrying capacity.
Σא

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #3934 on: February 28, 2015, 07:30:56 am »

Eeyup! Bunnies are some seriously FIERCE FUZZ!

The bunnies! They're taking over the woooooorrrrrdddd! It's the cutest apocalypse ever! ALL HAIL OUR BUNNY OVERLORDS!!!!!

It's like they never read Watership Down, or even watched the film.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #3935 on: February 28, 2015, 09:57:29 am »
Well, the whole thing was just yanked outta his ass on the fly...as these things always are, cuz that is where their heads are located.
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3936 on: March 03, 2015, 07:44:27 pm »

In what universe is this not creepy?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3937 on: March 03, 2015, 08:12:06 pm »
Or grounds for immediate arrest?

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #3938 on: March 03, 2015, 08:22:58 pm »

William Morris twitter handle is "the more laws there are the more corrupt the government is."

Except for laws against abortion, gay rights, and christian supremacy, of course. Oh, and he's came down on the side of the law when an unarmed black man was shot in Fergusson, but everyone knows that only white male heterosexual protestant conservatives are human beings that deserve rights and liberty.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2015, 08:25:21 pm by mythbuster43 »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #3939 on: March 04, 2015, 11:31:47 am »
On top of that hypocrisy, these goobers don't get that "Big Government" isn't a bad thing. They rail against everything being regulated. They rail against Unions. They literally assume that it somehow infringes on their rights and life somehow. OOOOHHH LIKE BREATHING CLEAN AIR, GETTING GOOD WAGES & DECENT WORKING CONDITIONS AND WEARING SEAT BELTS IS SUCH OPPRESSION ON PAR WITH STALIN, PINOCHET, POL POT & THE KIMS!

Also, having cameras everywhere...IN PUBLIC...does not automatically mean "OMG! WE'RE IN OCEANA!"

*SHEESH!* Many an otherwise unsolvable crime case has been cracked because of surveillance cameras. Murders solved. Kidnappings solved. Some kidnap victims who survived owe their lives to those cameras!

Personally, If I was going on a plane, I would rather step in a booth for two seconds and have a weird X-Ray taken than have some goon grope me like a pervert!

.....Of course, put cameras & "bugs" in folk's homes, hotel/motel rooms & restrooms, then we'll have a right to worry.

I swear! People get fearful of everything!

Wingnuts are weirdos! I don't hate the otherwise average person who's a tea-head, I pity them and feel bad that such otherwise average Joe/Jane could be so manipulated & deceived. They're not bad or evil, just ignorant.

It's the ammosexual maniacs, hate-group members & the leaders of the whole Tealiban that are worthy of scorn.

Obese granny in a scooter, Farmer Brown or Factory Bob doesn't deserve our scorn.

Mr. Shooty Trigger MacBoom, Megachurch Pastor, Flashy The Televangelist, Senator/Representative/Justice/Governor/President Stupid & their corrupted CEO Robber Baron/Military-Industrial Complex Masters do.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #3940 on: March 04, 2015, 07:30:42 pm »

William Morris twitter handle is "the more laws there are the more corrupt the government is."

Except for laws against abortion, gay rights, and christian supremacy, of course. Oh, and he's came down on the side of the law when an unarmed black man was shot in Fergusson, but everyone knows that only white male heterosexual protestant conservatives are human beings that deserve rights and liberty.
"I'm a rich white guy who doesn't like paying income tax." Just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #3941 on: March 04, 2015, 08:03:45 pm »

"Red Nation Rising", eh? My old man was right, the commies are everywhere!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 08:06:12 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3942 on: March 06, 2015, 10:56:55 am »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #3943 on: March 06, 2015, 12:36:22 pm »
You stoned again grandpa?

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #3944 on: March 07, 2015, 02:54:13 pm »
Thankfully, this was posted on Facebook by someone who disagreed.

"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar