Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1114639 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #4140 on: June 20, 2015, 04:43:34 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nm5jl7aM08" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nm5jl7aM08</a>

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4141 on: June 20, 2015, 06:18:34 pm »
We spread compassion and civilization to 100,000 Hereros and Namaquas, 28,000 boer civilians, 20,000 or more Kenyans, and potentially 10 million Congolese.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4142 on: June 20, 2015, 06:26:10 pm »
Whites spread compassion and civilization to 100,000 Hereros and Namaquas, 28,000 boer civilians, 20,000 or more Kenyans, and potentially 10 million Congolese.

Boers are white, but everything else is spot on.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4143 on: June 20, 2015, 08:49:17 pm »
Do these people realize they're going to have to make their easy in the big wide world one day? And that in this big wide world there are already definitions for words and that nobody really cares about their feelings or pronouns?

I think these kinds of people actually believe that if they shout check your privilege enough, people will HAVE to care about their pronouns or "they'll be seen as a shitlord".
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4144 on: June 20, 2015, 11:14:37 pm »
Is that serious? It seems like it's riffing on the whole "racism is prejudice plus power" bit.

There are many people on Tumblr who say things like this and believe it. Almost all of them are white straight women who refuse to admit it, instead calling themselves "polytransracial starsnarlgender requieslithsexual" or whatever.

People on Tumblr say a lot of stupid shit, but I have trouble believing there's a non-insignificant number of people who would actually agree with that poster. It's almost certainly a troll.
Σא

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #4145 on: June 21, 2015, 12:49:16 am »
Is that serious? It seems like it's riffing on the whole "racism is prejudice plus power" bit.

There are many people on Tumblr who say things like this and believe it. Almost all of them are white straight women who refuse to admit it, instead calling themselves "polytransracial starsnarlgender requieslithsexual" or whatever.

People on Tumblr say a lot of stupid shit, but I have trouble believing there's a non-insignificant number of people who would actually agree with that poster. It's almost certainly a troll.

I've seen it before and it's a troll.  It was made by 4chaners trying to pass it of as having been made by feminists to make them look bad.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #4146 on: June 21, 2015, 12:43:30 pm »

I've seen it before and it's a troll.  It was made by 4chaners trying to pass it of as having been made by feminists to make them look bad.

Is it trolling or a bunch of douche bags using a proxy to speak their beliefs?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4147 on: June 21, 2015, 02:23:14 pm »
The implication being that there are SJ people who believe this, and know it sounds awful to everyone else, and then spread it and blame it on 4chan in case it backfires?

Occam's Razor. We know trolls exist. We know that specifically trolls who pretend to have insane SJ positions exist. We know almost no SJ person would ever dare say anything denying a woman's rape*. I can't imagine why "this is what SJ people ACTUALLY BELIEVE" would win as a hypothesis against "troll troll troll troll troll".

Apologies if that is not what you mean.

*A man's rape is a whole other thing entirely, unfortunately...

ETA: Actually, let's make this empirical. Anyone who thinks the poster is legit, can you find me one actual SJ person posting it and agreeing with it? I've looked before and found nothing.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 02:28:45 pm by Sigmaleph »
Σא

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #4148 on: June 21, 2015, 06:11:46 pm »
No apologies necessary, I wasn't being very clear.

What I actually meant to imply is that perhaps (some of) the fine upstanding citizens of 4chan believe this and rather than simply just trolling are voicing their beliefs but letting others take the heat for them.

Granted, the out-and-out MRA's generally don't seem to think women of any color deserve much in the way of rights.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4149 on: June 21, 2015, 10:40:03 pm »
It's not the sort of belief that I would associate with 4chan. I mean, I guess it's possible, but odds are low.
Σא

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #4150 on: June 22, 2015, 05:06:12 pm »

Alright if you want to get rid of government assistance then lets raise taxes on the wealthy and lower them for the not well off. Oh you don't want to do that?
Ok then lets raise the minimum wage to a living wage. Oh, you don't want to do that either.
Ok then lets make College classes cheaper and more affordable so people can get better paying jobs. No? You don't want to do that as well?
Then I guess we need government assistance.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:09:00 pm by Id82 »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #4151 on: June 22, 2015, 05:21:08 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Alright if you want to get rid of government assistance then lets raise taxes on the wealthy and lower them for the not well off. Oh you don't want to do that?
Ok then lets raise the minimum wage to a living wage. Oh, you don't want to do that either.
Ok then lets make College classes cheaper and more affordable so people can get better paying jobs. No? You don't want to do that as well?
Then I guess we need government assistance.

But what if I just want to bully poor people? Your solutions would actually solve most of their problems and it would no longer be fun to act all high and mighty around them.

What a drag.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4152 on: June 22, 2015, 07:32:13 pm »
People love to bitch in ways that make them feel superior. They're called "pet" peeves for a reason.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #4153 on: June 24, 2015, 01:11:30 am »
(click to show/hide)
Edit:just realized this isn't really a protest sighn.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:12:09 am by I am lizard »

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #4154 on: June 24, 2015, 02:38:32 am »
(click to show/hide)
That actually reads like a "college level" African American studies textbook.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."