Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1114957 times)

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #4455 on: October 29, 2015, 05:23:34 pm »
You know what's really dumb about that picture?  I think it's using screenshots from a movie about the Crusades, when Jews suffered horribly.

One first-hand account of the Crusades stuck with me because it described dismembered "Saracen" and Jewish bodies, and knights riding through the Temple in Jerusalem where the blood was high enough to touch the horses' bridles.  And then, the (Christian) author gives thanks to God for allowing them to commit such butchery.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #4456 on: October 29, 2015, 06:41:05 pm »
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #4457 on: October 29, 2015, 07:02:56 pm »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Ma%27arra

I'll just leave this here.

i fail to see the problem by skimming the article. mind giving me a heads-up? it's basically about crusaders delving into cannibalism of saracens. or am i missing something?

i mean, sure it's tasteless (pun intended), but it's a wikipedia article. what's wrong with it (apart from the usual caveats of wikipedia)?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4458 on: October 29, 2015, 07:05:01 pm »
You know what's really dumb about that picture?  I think it's using screenshots from a movie about the Crusades, when Jews suffered horribly.

One first-hand account of the Crusades stuck with me because it described dismembered "Saracen" and Jewish bodies, and knights riding through the Temple in Jerusalem where the blood was high enough to touch the horses' bridles.  And then, the (Christian) author gives thanks to God for allowing them to commit such butchery.

Yeah.  The popular image of Crusaders was as noble, pious heroes who fought in defense of their faith.  But in reality, many of them were depraved brutes who just wanted an excuse to kill.  In fact, one reason the First Crusade began was because Pope Urban II was sick of his flock being killed by bloodthirsty marauders.

Offline lord gibbon

• The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #4459 on: October 29, 2015, 07:11:34 pm »

i fail to see the problem by skimming the article. mind giving me a heads-up? it's basically about crusaders delving into cannibalism of saracens. or am i missing something?

i mean, sure it's tasteless (pun intended), but it's a wikipedia article. what's wrong with it (apart from the usual caveats of wikipedia)?
The fact that the crusaders literally ate babies?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4460 on: October 29, 2015, 07:19:30 pm »

To be fair, they didn't have much choice.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #4461 on: October 29, 2015, 08:06:55 pm »

...wait, are you seriously trying to defend EATING BABIES?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #4462 on: October 29, 2015, 08:11:09 pm »
Well the babies on the spits were already dead (because the crusaders killed them)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4463 on: October 29, 2015, 08:20:09 pm »

.........well that's my night made!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4464 on: October 29, 2015, 08:33:51 pm »

Well, they are irresistibly delicious.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #4465 on: October 29, 2015, 08:50:43 pm »
Don't all you atheists do that anyways?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4466 on: October 29, 2015, 09:09:57 pm »
Only on special occasions.

Offline lord gibbon

• The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #4467 on: October 29, 2015, 09:12:40 pm »
That's why it's so disgusting! They just stuck them in a fire for a bit and that's all! Damn Christians don't know the first thing about a properly cooked baby!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #4468 on: October 29, 2015, 09:28:07 pm »
Yeah you can't eat the dead baby without rubbing it first with garlic and rosemary.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4469 on: October 29, 2015, 09:28:51 pm »
Glaze it with a little honey and shove an apple in its mouth, and you've got some fine eats, right there!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.