Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 395769 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3150 on: November 13, 2019, 04:13:19 pm »
Without going to a recount? That would be insane

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3151 on: November 13, 2019, 07:03:42 pm »

Thanks to a law passed by the Republican Congress plus the voting machines they use, recounts in Kentucky are impossible anyway.  What they're asking is for them to double-check the count.

I'm going to toss you the DailyKos link to this story.  Usually I'd go straight to the source instead, but the source in this case is buried in unskippable ads...
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/11/6/1897609/-Kentucky-Republicans-taking-steps-to-outright-steal-governor-s-election-they-just-lost

People did start screaming, though, so they've been backing away from this idea.  Better to watch out, though, because they might just be letting the heat die down.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3152 on: November 13, 2019, 08:48:16 pm »

Thanks to a law passed by the Republican Congress plus the voting machines they use, recounts in Kentucky are impossible anyway.  What they're asking is for them to double-check the count.

I'm going to toss you the DailyKos link to this story.  Usually I'd go straight to the source instead, but the source in this case is buried in unskippable ads...
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2019/11/6/1897609/-Kentucky-Republicans-taking-steps-to-outright-steal-governor-s-election-they-just-lost

People did start screaming, though, so they've been backing away from this idea.  Better to watch out, though, because they might just be letting the heat die down.

So basically keep the pressure up for a while? Is there a deadline or point where they can no longer try for that?

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3153 on: November 13, 2019, 11:15:48 pm »

So basically keep the pressure up for a while? Is there a deadline or point where they can no longer try for that?
Bevin only has 30 days to ask for a recheck, but I don't see any limit on contesting the election.  I'm guessing if Beshear gets sworn in, that'll be the end of it.  Though with these assholes, who knows?  They could pull a Wisconsin or a North Carolina and get Bevin to sign a bunch of bills giving Congress a bunch of the Gov.'s power...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3154 on: November 14, 2019, 01:37:32 am »
I fully expect that, and at this point Democrats should do the same thing in places like California, Massachusetts and Maryland.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3155 on: November 14, 2019, 09:44:29 am »
And here it comes...

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/matt-bevin-voter-fraud-kentucky-governor_n_5dcc3d0be4b0d43931ce2d94?ri18n=true

Erika Calihan, the Lexington-area woman behind the event, has spent the last three days making unverifiable and unsubstantiated claims of fraud and calling on the attorney general’s office to open some sort of investigation into her allegations ― most of which seem derived primarily from posts she has read on Facebook, screenshots of unofficial election results and rumors she’s heard.

Bevin, who lost the election by roughly 5,000 votes, has described Calihan as “my friend” and appointed her to a state government position earlier this year.

Calihan’s claims have gone viral-ish, at least in the corners of the internet allergic to basic facts and prone to thinking that prominent Democrats operate a child sex dungeon in the basement of a Washington, D.C., pizza restaurant that has no basement, or that the Sandy Hook school shooting was a hoax meant to help the feds confiscate guns they still haven’t gotten around to confiscating.

That Bevin chose to dignify the conspiracy theorists’ fever dreams has only helped bring more chaos into an election that was already “shaping up to be a case study in the real-world impact of disinformation — and a preview of what election-security officials and experts fear could unfold a year from now if the 2020 presidential election comes down to the wire,” as The New York Times suggested last week when conservatives took a parody tweet about destroying ballots as hard evidence of fraud.

Bevin spent the weekend raising the possibility that he lost a “dirty election.”

“I would rather lose a clean election than win a dirty election. And I’ll be darned if I want to lose a dirty election,” he said at an event for young conservatives, the Louisville Courier-Journal reported.

The reason he hasn’t conceded, Bevin said, was because “if you do not think that there are people that would try to hijack our political process, and while they are yelling about Russian collusion at the front door and telling us to man the front gates against the Russians, they are all at the back gate robbing us blind. I’m telling you. I’m telling you.”

Bevin's digging for a plausible reason to contest the results and let the Republican Congress decide the election...

Edit: The dipshit finally gave up today: https://twitter.com/RylandKY/status/1195059420843139072
« Last Edit: November 14, 2019, 02:30:37 pm by DarkPhoenix »

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3156 on: November 15, 2019, 12:05:16 am »
the shit in kentucky reminds me a lot of the Bolivia coup, just manufacture outrage about "fraud" and "vote tampering" when your opponent wins.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3157 on: November 15, 2019, 12:21:18 am »
But if there actually is fraud and vote tampering, make sure to call the "winner" and congratulate him.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3158 on: November 15, 2019, 01:46:55 pm »
Well it's a good thing Bevin conceeded yesterday now isn't it?

Also Stone got convicted on all counts and the Orange Piss Pot's trying out live witness intimidation as a larff.

Ironbite-I smell a strong sense of crapped pants from the Orange Dumbfuck right now.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3159 on: November 15, 2019, 10:29:11 pm »
He'll probably pardon Ol Roger.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3160 on: November 16, 2019, 01:34:20 am »
Stone is already begging for a pardon and knowing Trump, whether he'll dot it depends on if it is beneficial for Trump.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3161 on: November 16, 2019, 03:27:52 am »
Trump has nothing to worry about. As long as his base can knock out in a primary any Republican Senator who would vote to convict, he's safe.

EDIT: http://www.thegreenpapers.com/G20/MI#H13

A guy by the name of "Dude Dudenhoefer" is running to unseat Rep. Tlaib.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2019, 11:53:22 pm by dpareja »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3162 on: November 27, 2019, 04:34:41 am »
Oh shit, if I was Rudy Guiliani I would be worried. I think this is almost word for word what Trump said about Cohen.

Trump denies sending Giuliani to Ukraine

In an interview with former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly posted Tuesday, President Trump said he did not order his personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, to go to Ukraine in order to dig up damaging information on his political rivals. "No, I didn't direct him, but he is a warrior, he is a warrior," Trump said. Giuliani has said he went to Ukraine at the behest of Trump, carrying out an investigation "concerning 2016 Ukrainian collusion and corruption." O'Reilly asked Trump why Giuliani went to Ukraine, and the president responded, "You have to ask Rudy. Rudy has other clients, other than me. He's done a lot of work in Ukraine over the years." Several of the witnesses who testified in the impeachment inquiry said Giuliani was pursuing a shadow Ukraine agenda in order to get the country to launch an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3163 on: November 27, 2019, 08:36:10 am »
I mean that's clearly a fucking lie, but that's what Trump does. He goes on the news and denies involvement in anything. Pretty soon he'll start to say he didn't know Rudy very well and we never really talked. He knows Giuliani is at risk of being arrested for his involvement in this.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #3164 on: November 28, 2019, 01:53:13 am »
So one of the witnesses, Ambassador Sondland, has been accused of sexual assault. He says that it's political in nature and trying to influence the hearings. I don't think I buy it because the most prominent woman bringing the allegations is pretty lefty and runs PDX Monthly down in Oregon.

I'm not surprised another rich dude involved in politics is a sleazebag.