Author Topic: Something I've noticed with the GOP primaries  (Read 2154 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Something I've noticed with the GOP primaries
« on: March 18, 2012, 08:38:07 pm »
Many of the candidates have made remarks about our top allies (Santorum on Netherlands and Perry on Turkey) which makes me wonder...if they get elected will we be starting off on the wrong foot?

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
Re: Something I've noticed with the GOP primaries
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 09:42:57 pm »
Are you serious?
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 09:47:16 pm »
Many of the candidates have made remarks about our top allies (Santorum on Netherlands and Perry on Turkey) which makes me wonder...if they get elected will we be starting off on the wrong foot?

We'll start off on a foot so wrong, that it's a hand.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 09:53:53 pm »
I don't know if you all picked up on it yet, as it is quite subtle, but I've noticed that the candidates are all batfuck looney.

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 10:18:30 pm »
I just thought they really didn't want to win.  I mean the chance to unseat a incumbent  president is -almost- nil, so they just let the ones that have no chance of winning have at it and then a more sane....electable repub shows up when there is no incumbent...but maybe I am wrong?
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 10:21:34 pm »
I just thought they really didn't want to win.  I mean the chance to unseat a incumbent  president is -almost- nil, so they just let the ones that have no chance of winning have at it and then a more sane....electable repub shows up when there is no incumbent...but maybe I am wrong?
Nah, that sounds about right. It also means when they wheel out the more sane Repubs, they look all the better when compared to their predecessors.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 10:40:27 pm »
Maybe it's just because I live in the south, but looking at the people around here makes me think the GOP has a reasonable shot at winning. This would be because the majority of people here are idiots and don't want to "re-nig" to quote that bumper sticker. I'm surprised I haven't seen that sticker in person yet with the ignorant, hateful assholes around here.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 10:47:46 pm »
Well what I mean is most of the world when they see Santorum are scared he'll nuke them so I am wondering will we need to refocus our policy from being nice and charitable to being someone to fear (okay we already do that but more so)

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 07:00:41 am »
The south is, well, special.  In the more sane parts of the country, he doesn't stand a chance.  The GOP is this way because the rich welcomed the crazies in as useful idiots, and now the crazies have taken over and gone out of control.

Offline Jack Mann

• Gold Bugger Jihad Pony
  • God
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2012, 04:30:26 am »
Nah, that sounds about right. It also means when they wheel out the more sane Repubs, they look all the better when compared to their predecessors.

It's partly that, it's partly a nod to the Tea Party and Religious Right.  Basically, this way the Republican party can say, "We're supporting your views, we ran your candidates" without having a significant risk of having to actually deal with one of these lunatics in office.  The hope is to make those groups less likely to splinter off and create third party spoilers for the Republican party in 2016.
اللغة العربية صعبة ، ولكنها جميلة جدا