Author Topic: Canada Thwarts Terrorist Attack  (Read 6691 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Canada Thwarts Terrorist Attack
« on: April 22, 2013, 05:24:08 pm »
At least this week starts out with some good news after last week. Link. Still, it's worrying about what can happen next.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Canada Thwarts Terrorist Attack
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2013, 09:29:44 pm »
So glad to hear Canada's LEOs and intelligence services thwarted that plan!

Al Quaida has experience in how to pull off the worst possible train attacks. Madrid 2004. 190 killed, nearly 2000 injured,

multiple bombs, multiple stations, all during rush hour and all bombs went off within minutes of each other.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/hi/dates/stories/march/11/newsid_4273000/4273817.stm
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2013, 09:48:43 pm »
This strengthens my firm belief that Canada is the best country in the world.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2013, 10:01:48 pm »
They are, with the exception of the embarrassment of last election....and Beiber  ;D
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2013, 10:51:24 pm »
They are, with the exception of the embarrassment of last election....and Beiber  ;D

And Nickelback.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 12:41:58 am »
And Celine Dion.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2013, 01:15:24 am »
a) I don't care what you guys say, Nickelback is a great band.

b) It's great that these guys were caught before their attack.

c) al-Qaeda is still functioning? It's been a while since we heard from them. 
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2013, 01:29:53 am »
c) al-Qaeda is still functioning? It's been a while since we heard from them. 
Apparently the CIA has been finding and destroying/seizing their financial assets ever since the war on terror was a thing. Overall, it's done a pretty good job of neutering them.

That only leaves the question of why anyone thought it was a good idea to go and invade Iraq and Afghanistan instead of just focusing on the covert stuff.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2013, 03:10:56 am »
Because invasions look good to a scared, pissed off populace.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2013, 06:50:42 am »
And I still think that getting rid of the Taliban was worthwhile. In retrospect, we should have ignored Iraq and focused on Afghanistan.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2013, 07:11:23 am »
Al-Qaeda, your plan has just been de-railed. 

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2013, 07:27:55 am »
And I still think that getting rid of the Taliban was worthwhile. In retrospect, we should have ignored Iraq and focused on Afghanistan.
Except they're still around, only now it's much easier for them to kill Americans.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2013, 08:08:34 am »
*snip*
That only leaves the question of why anyone thought it was a good idea to go and invade Iraq and Afghanistan instead of just focusing on the covert stuff.
I agree with you on Iraq, but Afghanistan is a breeding ground for terror.  If we kicked out Al-Qaeda, other terrorists would just move in.  When you're weeding, you have to destroy the roots.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 08:20:40 am »
*snip*
I agree with you on Iraq, but Afghanistan is a breeding ground for terror.  If we kicked out Al-Qaeda, other terrorists would just move in.  When you're weeding, you have to destroy the roots.
As I said, all the invasion did is make it a lot easier for them to kill Americans. Not to mention, gave the locals a pretty big motivation to do so.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2013, 08:42:18 am »
Nobody really seemed to consider the obvious response to a cause of death risking, at most, a few thousand casualties a year. Do nothing.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR